Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:Post any Cruel Games: Red Riding Hood technical issues here only

[Post New]by Robsim on Nov 17, 12 8:42 AM
Same as everyone else: no sound!! But, will do the 'uninstall/reinstall' process. Had to chuckle, though. . .after coming here into the 'Tech Problem' area, it answered my question as to why there were only two (2) reviews given for the game: No one had sound to be able to play in order to give a review!! lol The game looks good and I wanna play!!

sgtsedlak
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by sgtsedlak on Nov 17, 12 9:37 AM
I'm running the game on Win7 Acer netbook. Haven't had any issues with sound, but did get the "repair" pop-up.
My issue is the crash/freeze whenever I try to do anything on the yacht. No matter how I try to interact with anything on that screen, the game locks up.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 17, 12 9:52 AM
I also have XP and have done all of the above, more than once, and still no sound. I will try it one more time and if no sound, I'm done. Too bad, looked promising and we really needed some good SE games!

Yes, I have already sent Dr. Felix on his way, but this is Saturday, so most likely no answer until Monday. That's usually what happens to me. Why is it always on a weekend???

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 17, 12 10:09 AM
Hey there Fishies,

It looks like quite a few of you are having some issues with the sound and the game crashing. It's never fun when that happens!

CiChDa: To help with those activation and trial expiring issues feel free to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, making sure to accept the C++ add on.

If you Fishies have already tried the advice of accepting the C++ add on and uninstalling and reinstalling the game, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team (if you haven't already ). They'll be happy to help provide some additional troubleshooting steps that may help!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the right.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

bfgIzara

Edited on 11/17/2012 at 11:58:35 AM PST

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Nov 17, 12 10:37 AM
Looks like a lot of us are having similar problems with sound. It's never a good sign when there are more tech issues than reviews. I just want to thank all of you posting hints for us to try, and for moderator Baikal for checking in and trying to assist us. Perhaps there will be a fix soon, because it sounds like a good game.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Nov 17, 12 10:47 AM
Sound Problem.

Installed game 1st time; did not install C++ ----- no sound

Installed game 2nd time; installed C++
Closed Game Manager and Reopened it
----- no sound

Installed game 3rd time; Repair C++
Closed Game Manager and Reopened it
----- Finally GOT sound

I am running on Vista

Maybe this will work for those of you on Vista

Big Fish needs to fix the "sound problem" so that we don't have to jump through hoops.

Edited: Sound Problem

As long as I left the Big Fish Main Menu running in background, I continued to have SOUND; when I closed the Big Fish Main Menu, I lost the sound and had to delete/reload the game, Repair C++, close the game manager and restart the game manager to get the sound.

This is nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 11/17/2012 at 6:07:40 PM PST

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Nov 17, 12 10:56 AM
I am on the yacht and am getting an access violation code. Worked well up to that point. I had downloaded the popup but ignored the repair popup earlier. Could that be the problem, if so how do I get the repair popup again to repair? Anyone else having this problem? I have windows 9 64 bit.

Vaugh
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,254 Posts

[Post New]by Vaugh on Nov 17, 12 11:05 AM
Game is freezing on the yacht. Not getting any access violation just freezing.

[Post New]by sweet4grease on Nov 17, 12 11:11 AM
Same access violation on the yacht. Did download C++ and repair C++.
I feed the seagull the bread then game freezes. Access violation pops up a few seconds later.
Running Vista and game behaved very well up to that point. Please look into this. It seems to be a wonderful game.

lilflirt
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lilflirt on Nov 17, 12 11:16 AM
I am also having a problem on the yacht. Unfotunately, I have already bought it!! Sure hope they fix this, as i had no problems up until the yacht and really liked the game.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Nov 17, 12 12:00 PM
sgtsedlak wrote:I'm running the game on Win7 Acer netbook. Haven't had any issues with sound, but did get the "repair" pop-up.
My issue is the crash/freeze whenever I try to do anything on the yacht. No matter how I try to interact with anything on that screen, the game locks up.

The Yacht is a miserable trap! It freezes so hard that the three finger salute doesn't work and I have to manually unplug the computer. Have done this three times (sometimes I never learn). I have purchased this game and so far have been enjoying it. If I reinstall it, do I have to start at the beginning? AAAAAAAAAgggggggggghhhhhhhhh!

So much for 5 stars..........Hope this gets resolved. Otherwise, I want my credit back! Please let me know how others have solved this! Is there a fix?

idbeek
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by idbeek on Nov 17, 12 1:26 PM
lilflirt wrote:I am also having a problem on the yacht. Unfotunately, I have already bought it!! Sure hope they fix this, as i had no problems up until the yacht and really liked the game.

That's where I'm having problems too. It worked fine until I got on the yacht and it froze. While most 'freezes' I've experience the music kept playing, this time it is a total freeze-out...needs Task Manager to shut it down. Please find a fix soon, I've also purchased already.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Nov 17, 12 1:31 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are running into problems with the yacht and the game freezing. That definitely isn't any fun. In order to help us determine the cause of that issue, I recommend letting our Tech Support Team know what you're experiencing. The more information our Tech Support Team has, the better equipped they are to find a solution to that issue. Including a Dr. Felix Report will also help them greatly in determining a cause for that.

We want you to be able to enjoy the game, and with your help, hopefully we can get that issue resolved quickly!

bfgSeine

_misschrissi_
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

SOUND DISAPPEARED?

[Post New]by _misschrissi_ on Nov 17, 12 2:29 PM
I played the game fine with sound until I came out of it, left it for a while, then went back to it (loading it from the icon on my desktop) a couple of hours later. No sound! Fortunately when I exited and restarted it from Game Manager it worked, so I don't know if that'll be the same for anyone else. Bit strange why I get no sound if I start it from the desktop, though..... *scratches head*

Edited on 11/17/2012 at 2:35:54 PM PST

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Nov 17, 12 2:38 PM
I have uninstalled, reinstalled 5 times...update all my Visual C++ etc. no sound. Really not going to let a game play around with my settings so this will be a no go for my... I am running Windows Vista 64bit

tootsie94
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by tootsie94 on Nov 17, 12 2:49 PM
working with xp and downloaded the c++ stuff but every time i am in the boat the game freezes. i am trying to start the ignition but can't get past touching the key.all other parts of the game up until this point was good

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Nov 17, 12 2:49 PM
I'm having a problem with the game freezing up on the yacht as well. I'm going to do a Dr. Felix report and send it in. Had to use task manager to get out of game. Using Vista.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Nov 17, 12 3:11 PM
i have the same glitch on the boat and it freezes up and i can't play and also i uninstalled so many times I am stuck with a game that will not work I guess i will wait for a patch, Sorry dev's i am not very happy with your game right now

Edited on 11/17/2012 at 3:12:22 PM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Nov 17, 12 3:32 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm very sorry to hear you're experiencing a problem with the yacht. As mentioned in my previous post, with your help, we can hopefully figure out what's causing that to happen. By contacting our Tech Support Team, it provides them with the information they need to determine the cause of the problem and they can then escalate the issue to the proper teams.

Thanks, and I hope we can get that working shortly!

bfgSeine

Edited on 11/17/2012 at 3:32:42 PM PST

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Nov 17, 12 4:09 PM
I am having the same problem as everyone else. I had to uninstall and reinstall as well, didn't help, got the same pop-up window re: downloading C++ then a remove it, which I did. I am on the yacht, fed the gull, froze up and terminated, tried again, no go, we need an updated version ASAP. It is a good game but not this way. Hope they get it resolved.

Go to: