shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

Re:Post any Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by shagwendy on Nov 18, 12 10:11 AM
The demo played alright for me this morning except for being a bit jerky. I played for about 10 minutes. I just tried to play again and the voices are repeating part of the dialogue in triplicate, triplicate, triplicate. It is very, it is very, it is very annoying. Do you have any, do you have any, do you have any idea what is wrong? I will probably, I will probably, I will probably do an uninstall/reinstall, just not now, now, now.

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

Re:Post any Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Nov 18, 12 11:08 PM
Black bars top and bottom. Upgraded video card, uninstalled, reinstalled. Still not working. This is a problem with this particular game because all the others work fine. Wasted enough time on this. NO buy.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 20, 12 4:02 AM
Hi Fishies,

shagwendy - If uninstalling and reinstalling the game doesn't help matters I would suggest getting in touch with our friendly Tech Support Team so we can look into this with you.

roxycavalier - as you have already updated, I would suggest working with our Tech Support Team so we can offer further advice.

If you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 4:03:50 AM PST

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Nov 20, 12 8:04 PM
got to part where you put hose on the machine.trail ended.bought game went back and hose is gone.nowhere around all invertery items are gone.what now.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 21, 12 4:27 AM
Heya tophen,

I'm so sorry that all your inventory items suddenly disappeared after you purchased the game .

In this case we found that it often helps to simply uninstall and reinstall the game as this will clear up the files and make sure everything is in it's right place.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Nov 22, 12 10:02 AM
tophen wrote:got to part where you put hose on the machine.trail ended.bought game went back and hose is gone.nowhere around all invertery items are gone.what now.
Exactly my problem too. Same scene, same issue. After purchasing the inventory is completely gone.

Why aren´t devs or BFG able to fix this before releasing a game, since it happens in many games and for so many people? That is no fun.
l can´t count anymore how often l had to restart a game, due to this saving bugs.
And don´t tell me, it´s my pc.. Nonsense.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 25, 12 3:52 AM
Heya weissvonnix,

I can definitely understand your frustration at losing the progress you made after buying the game.

While all games that we release are being thoroughly tested, many factors can influence if an error occurs or not. As this game is also initially played in a separated demo version and the full version is only downloaded after the purchase, it can happen the full version doesn't read the saved profile properly, which can cause items to disappear.

Different programs, like those intended to tune up your computer, can also lead to files getting damaged as many games and programs don't cooperate with them.

I hope this cleared things up a little. Our dedicated Tech Support Team is also always happy to have a look at these things for you if you send them a message!

bfgBiwa

bonus chapter glitch

[Post New]by undrgrndgirl on Nov 25, 12 2:29 PM
i collected the key with the hook from the tree branch. it never entered my inventory. i can't figure out where to hack the code to make it appear (like i had to do with the mask in the bonus chapter of mcf: shadow lake yesterday)

what heck is up with releasing shoddy work these days? two games in a row for me. and neither mcf or this game was up to past quality in terms of graphics, story, puzzles, ho's...too much talking and not enough gaming.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Nov 25, 12 6:33 PM
I'm having the same problem as Shagwendy, except I'm a lot further into the game. The broken record voices started for me at the end of Chapter 2 in the tunnel and continues into Chapter 3. I'm going to be very unhappy if I have to uninstall and reinstall!! Entirely TOO much irrelevant dialog!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 25, 12 6:35 PM
Try updating your soundcard drivers before you uninstall / reinstall your game.

Mrs_Kim
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Mrs_Kim on Nov 26, 12 6:13 AM
Please help! I'm now in bonus chapter, about to enter the mansion, got the key already from the tree but when I want to use it, the game closes itself and when I opened again, the key is gone from my inventory and the door is still locked! Is there a way to just reset the bonus chapter? I don't want to go to a new game again just to know the real ending of this game (((

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 27, 12 2:45 PM
Hi Mrs_Kim,

What you describe sounds like a game freeze. So first, please try the troubleshooting suggestions in our help article about that kind of issue here.

Then, I'd also go ahead and uninstall and reinstall the game, as that will often get things straightened out with the Inventory.

But if you try those steps and are still not able to move on in the bonus chapter, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can take a look and work with you directly on some more troubleshooting. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Crazylady02 on Nov 27, 12 5:28 PM
In the bouns chapter i grab the first key but it isn't in my inventory. I need to go on in the chapter

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 28, 12 11:47 AM
Hey there Crazylady02,

Sounds like that key went to the wrong place! Following the instructions from the help article to uninstall and reinstall may help:

Uninstall/Reinstall

Please be sure to contact Tech Support too! They're great and will work with you to figure out some options for getting the game back up and running. To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Good luck!

bfgIzara

Edited on 11/28/2012 at 11:47:55 AM PST

[Post New]by Alexaanavid on Nov 28, 12 12:02 PM
I have gotten to the bonus chapter and gotten the key out of the tree with the hook and then the key disappeared! I can't go any further without it! I uninstalled and re-installed the game and the key is still missing! Please fix the problem so I can finish the game!!! Very frustrating!

[Post New]by kakadupin on Nov 28, 12 7:58 PM
Hi,
The key to most issues seems to be uninstall/reinstall. I am at the point in a hidden object session in a tree outside Jonathon's house. I am supposed to be able to grab the chalk and draw a family. Fine, but the chalk won't draw, so I am stuck and can not continue the game. If I uninstall and reinstall do I have to start the game all over again?? Nnnnnnnoooooooooooooo !!!

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Nov 29, 12 5:33 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're still having issues with the key not showing up or disappearing.

It would be great if you could help us to collect as much information as possible, and this information may vary on different systems and set ups.

That's why we would really appreciate it if you could take the time to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team.

On top of this, if you have any experience in sending saved files of the game, you could add it as well to your first contact; or if not, no worries, we can work with you to retrieve this information.

kakadupin, if you uninstall and reinstall the game you should not have to start all over again!

Thank you for working with us.

bfgTokoro

Edited on 11/29/2012 at 5:34:55 AM PST

VLewis138
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by VLewis138 on Dec 21, 12 12:29 PM
I am stuck in the HOS in the tree house. I can't get the chalk to complete the family. I LC on the chalk, drag it down to the slate, but it won't complete the family drawing. the chalk pops back up to the roof. Any help out there?

VLewis138
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Tree house HOS - "Family" item

[Post New]by VLewis138 on Dec 21, 12 12:37 PM
I clicked on the chalk on the roof and dragged it down to the chalk board. Can't get chalk to complete the "family"drawing. In fact, the chalk pops back up the the treehouse roof. This is the last item on the HOS list. Any help out there?

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Dec 30, 12 2:29 AM
After I played the trial version of this game, I purchased it. Now the items that are to listed in the hidden object bar is BLANK. I don't know what objects to search for or what interactive actions I should make. I have uninstalled, and re-installed this game several times. I've even changed my profile and started over. I have a new laptop, and all my other games are playing just time, so I know I don't need to update anything. Please advise!!!

Go to: