Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

Re:Chapter 1 - Drive Motel

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 22, 12 1:05 AM
Hello House Master, Sir

Shame the Kitties won the cup I blame it on Dumbledor

I too would pay extra for that I haven't checked out the Making of etc... perhaps I'll have a peep, just to make sure he's not hiding in there

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 22, 12 2:17 AM
Rumbitothecore wrote:Hello House Master, Sir

Shame the Kitties won the cup I blame it on Dumbledor

I too would pay extra for that I haven't checked out the Making of etc... perhaps I'll have a peep, just to make sure he's not hiding in there
I'm only a distant cousin, and hopefully not as creepy

No Dalimars in The Making Of video, unfortunately, but it's worth watching anyway! I really enjoyed it.

Now back on topic or I will take 10 house points!

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Nov 22, 12 3:45 AM
ready to give up the phone is ringing in the motel room when I try to pick up the phone it says I do not have to call anyone hint says phone on desk but I do not see a phone there

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 22, 12 3:51 AM
Miniatures1 wrote:ready to give up the phone is ringing in the motel room when I try to pick up the phone it says I do not have to call anyone hint says phone on desk but I do not see a phone there

Look under the desk, the mobile is hidden but you should see the light it gives off and it vibrating.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Nov 22, 12 4:10 AM
underwriter wrote:Did everyone love how the defective "R" turned the Drive motel into a Dive?

I really liked that too underwriter nice touch by the devs and good spot by you!

Rumbitothecore wrote:
badgerfish wrote:I can,t look in the box of stuff left by Ghost Patrol in parking lot, I could during the demo but not during the game. WHY?

WOW!! You could?? I've never been able to look in the box

This was a change made from the Beta and as far as I can remember, the majority of the content on the 3 tapes, were incorporated into the two that remained in the final version - those tapes are worth watching - I loved Jack Talon - he was too funny!

I must admit to clicking that box like crazy looking for my tape on the second play!

Miniatures1 wrote:ready to give up the phone is ringing in the motel room when I try to pick up the phone it says I do not have to call anyone hint says phone on desk but I do not see a phone there

The phone is in the dumpster by the reception office. For help in making the call and opening the safe, check out my post here.

Swim strong!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 11/22/2012 at 11:36:46 AM PST

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 22, 12 12:45 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:This was a change made from the Beta and as far as I can remember, the majority of the content on the 3 tapes, were incorporated into the two that remained in the final version - those tapes are worth watching - I loved Jack Talon - he was too funny!

Yup. Just watched the first of the two videos, and this was more or less 1:1 the content of the video that you found in the box at the motel.

momo2006
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by momo2006 on Nov 24, 12 12:40 AM
I played the beta, and the first tape was found during the first few minutes of play. Then when I played the full version, I drove myself crazy looking for that tape at the motel (couldn't remember where I'd found it the first time) not realizing it had been moved to a much later part of the game. I added at least 30 minutes to my time looking for that tape!

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Nov 25, 12 9:02 AM
I have played Dire grove as well, and was awsome, but on this one, during the demo, I had tech problems to accomplishing the tasks, plus I don't like the graphics, and the theme, is depressing! Truly disappointed, what happend to all those great : at game once released? :whistle

[Post New]by crissy_777 on Nov 27, 12 8:58 AM
Okay I'm in the beginning of the game n i have the birthday and the apartment number but i can not get the photo to come out. my strategy guide says something about who or whats in room 1 but cant find a key for it.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 27, 12 9:07 AM
crissy_777 wrote:Okay I'm in the beginning of the game n i have the birthday and the apartment number but i can not get the photo to come out. my strategy guide says something about who or whats in room 1 but cant find a key for it.

The most common issue with the photo development for the letter combination (other than finding the photo paper on the shelf) is understanding the "6-8" duration in the instructions. For that, just click again when the timer is right on the seven. The rest of the steps are done in a cutscene.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 27, 12 9:11 AM
In the bathroom in room 2, you need to put the photo paper onto that photo machine thingy and press the switch. This starts the timer. When it gets to between the 6 & 8 click on the switch again. Pick up the paper and put it in the first tray. Once the animation has stopped you can zoom in to see the registration letters.

[Post New]by crissy_777 on Nov 27, 12 9:34 AM
Thank you.

[Post New]by gingerbread10 on Nov 27, 12 3:45 PM
When I click on the drive up window it is just bleary and I can't see the window to be able to get the register. What can I do?

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Nov 28, 12 12:32 AM
you need, birthday, license plate letters, and apt. number

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Dec 1, 12 9:23 AM
as long as you find all three sets of numbers (random) you will get into the safe

[Post New]by lora_one on Dec 13, 12 11:06 AM
Rumbitothecore wrote:In the bathroom in room 2, you need to put the photo paper onto that photo machine thingy and press the switch. This starts the timer. When it gets to between the 6 & 8 click on the switch again. Pick up the paper and put it in the first tray. Once the animation has stopped you can zoom in to see the registration letters.

Thanx for this info.
I was ready to quit since I couldn't get past the developing process.
Ur clue to turn off machine between 6-8 did it.
BIG help!!!

[Post New]by jamietwoshoe on May 18, 13 9:47 AM
found the mask but it is not in my inventory and how to I play the hidden object games bonus I know I have to get the morphing objects but how many and where
any help thanks senior here.

Kavery1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Kavery1 on Mar 25, 14 9:14 AM
I have tried on several occasions to open safe - license plate is cba so I should enter 321 right? then I do birthday (7) and room number 212 and can't get it to work....what am I doing wrong? ready to give up!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 26, 14 6:29 PM
Kavery1 wrote:I have tried on several occasions to open safe - license plate is cba so I should enter 321 right? then I do birthday (7) and room number 212 and can't get it to work....what am I doing wrong? ready to give up!
OH! I see what you're doing! No, you should get actual numbers for the license plate from a photo in the dark room, no need to transpose letters to numbers.

[Post New]by spiderwidow on Mar 27, 14 11:17 PM
bfgSeine wrote:Hi Lee,

If you're stuck on the photo development part in the bathroom, try checking out the directions that are posted on the left wall. Those cover how to use the development tools in order to get the picture to show up. You'll need to first place the paper on the light device and then hit the switch to start it up.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Go to: