MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Re:Chapter 3: The Warden’s House

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 3:48 PM
bbelle wrote:Thanks Margie.

I didn't realize I had them all the time.

You're welcome bbelle

Happy Thanksgiving!

MargieB

[Post New]by ahroa69 on Nov 21, 12 6:36 AM
I cannot figure out how to open the safe in the building area.. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 21, 12 6:41 AM
I'm sorry Ahroa, I don't think there is a safe in the Warden's house. There is a fuse box in the basement and an electricity box on the outside of the house. Do you mean either of these?

[Post New]by ahroa69 on Nov 21, 12 8:55 AM
Rumbitothecore wrote:I'm sorry Ahroa, I don't think there is a safe in the Warden's house. There is a fuse box in the basement and an electricity box on the outside of the house. Do you mean either of these?

I am sorry, i found out that the building area i was on didn't have anything to do with the warden's house. There is a building area with a safe on the other side of the brigde from the motel and when i looked at the map i didn't see the warden's house, so i went there. I have now found the house and i will keep on playing

kateinaz
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by kateinaz on Nov 22, 12 9:49 AM
gingergal wrote:Thanks bri rose that was very helpful but I knew the objective of the puzzle as I've seen it before*that it was a connecting by the number of spaces* it was technically how to do it. I was thinking you had to click on the wires around the board and drag them to the box, and before I uninstalled it I did try eventually *clicking on one box and then corresponding right box but maybe I wasn't doing something as that wasn't working or maybe it was how I was doing it* but just reinstalled it, tried that again as well as everything else and that did work.

As I am playing hard there is no info button on puzzles (don't know if there is on casual)- the SG I quickly put it down as that was no help as it;s just a spoiler on what the finish looks like, it didn't give any tips on technically how to do the puzzle which is what I was looking for as there is no writing, but it would probably have given the spoiler on the objective of it anyway if it did. (what is up with no writing on the SG? )

Same thing happened to me. The puzzle worked fine at first, but I didn't get the right solution and put all the wires back to the start position. After that, I couldn't do anything at all with the puzzle. I'm going to either skip or start over with a new profile and see if that works.

eta: the skip button worked

Edited on 11/22/2012 at 9:50:51 AM PST

[Post New]by DaniaSan on Nov 25, 12 2:23 AM
I am obsessed with the song playing at the Warden's house. It is so calm and soothing. Does anybody know where I can get this song?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 25, 12 2:44 AM
DaniaSan wrote:I am obsessed with the song playing at the Warden's house. It is so calm and soothing. Does anybody know where I can get this song?
It's "how much is that doggy in the window" isn't it? There must be tons of versions of that song out there!

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on Nov 28, 12 6:47 PM
kateinaz wrote:
gingergal wrote:Thanks bri rose that was very helpful but I knew the objective of the puzzle as I've seen it before*that it was a connecting by the number of spaces* it was technically how to do it. I was thinking you had to click on the wires around the board and drag them to the box, and before I uninstalled it I did try eventually *clicking on one box and then corresponding right box but maybe I wasn't doing something as that wasn't working or maybe it was how I was doing it* but just reinstalled it, tried that again as well as everything else and that did work.

As I am playing hard there is no info button on puzzles (don't know if there is on casual)- the SG I quickly put it down as that was no help as it;s just a spoiler on what the finish looks like, it didn't give any tips on technically how to do the puzzle which is what I was looking for as there is no writing, but it would probably have given the spoiler on the objective of it anyway if it did. (what is up with no writing on the SG? )

Same thing happened to me. The puzzle worked fine at first, but I didn't get the right solution and put all the wires back to the start position. After that, I couldn't do anything at all with the puzzle. I'm going to either skip or start over with a new profile and see if that works.

eta: the skip button worked

I never was able to do this puzzle - clicked, dragged - tried everything - but I saw an update today so I did uninstall and reinstall the game. As much as I don't want to start over, I didn't want to run into problems later either. So, reinstalled and starting over. I never want to hit the Skip puzzle button. I like thinking about them if I can't get them right away...but this seemed to be a problem with clicking/dragging first time around. Hopefully, it will work the second time around.

[Post New]by bertann1 on Nov 30, 12 10:00 AM
I sent a PM instead so sorry.
I have done the puzzle at the electrical box at the Warren's house three times and still nothing happens. The puzzle is complete because there are no more wires aroung the puzzle. Now what?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 30, 12 12:00 PM
bertann1 wrote:I sent a PM instead so sorry.
I have done the puzzle at the electrical box at the Warren's house three times and still nothing happens. The puzzle is complete because there are no more wires aroung the puzzle. Now what?
The wires around the puzzle have nothing to do with the puzzle - they're just graphical elements. You need to make sure that all numbered blocks are connected to another numbered block. So maybe you're still missing some.

[Post New]by bertann1 on Nov 30, 12 4:07 PM
Why do the wires around the puzzle disapper then. I thought when they disappered you were done with that color. Guess not. Thanks for infor.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Dec 1, 12 9:27 AM
the night googgles are in room one.

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on Dec 2, 12 1:06 PM
Even after re-installing I'm still stuck at this puzzle. Can't click and drag the wires. Nothing. Sigh.

Uninstalled it. Not playing it again.

Edited on 12/02/2012 at 2:39:23 PM PST

[Post New]by lora_one on Dec 13, 12 12:36 PM
gingergal wrote:
MargieB wrote:

SPOILER ALERT

• Zoom into the panel and place the WIRES on it to activate a mini-game.

Drag the wires to the boxes of the same color
and click them in place; they must be connected to the amount of spaces (boxes) shown on the box

MargieB

I can't drag on the wires, is there an order to do it in? I've put the wires on the puzzle, they are now scattered around the puzzle, I've tried clicking and dragging them on the tips, the main stem, in order, the ones on top. I've tried clicking on corresponding colour in puzzle first then the corresponding coloured wire but none move. Am I missing something?

I'm uninstalling and reinstalling as I type so hope that fixes it and don't want to post yet in tech thread in case there is a technique I'm missing?

I can't drag the wires either. They won't budge. I've tried all the things the person whom I'm quoting did. Just doesn't move. ~~~ the so-called guide is absolutely no help at all!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 13, 12 4:19 PM
You don't drag the wires around the outside. They're just there for decorative purposes. You need to click on one of the numbered boxes and then drag to a box with the same number that's exactly that number of squares away. So, in other words, you need to draw a line between two boxes marked, say, 5, crossing exactly 5 boxes along the way.

[Post New]by trainer464 on Mar 5, 14 12:38 PM
I have had success doing all the games and have proceeded to the Warden's House. However, in a HO screen (drawer in kitchen) I cannot find the third penny. I have checked in every room that has the list of items to be found and can't find it. I will try reloading the game, but it is just plain missing!
Any clues?
Thanks,
Gary

[Post New]by shadowetalia on Mar 20, 14 4:09 PM
The third penny is on the same screen as the first two pennies were. One is at the very top of the screen in the tenderizer hammer head. The second is in the joint of the potato ricer directly below that. The third is in the drawer itself on the green flat bottle on the right side of the chef knife's handle. Hope this helps.

Go to: