Chapter 11: Grimes Quarry

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

Re:Chapter 11: Grimes Quarry

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 3:40 PM
dogmama wrote:Just curious, was anyone other than me thrown off by the red herring ?

You are not alone my friend

Happy Thanksgiving!

MargieB

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Nov 20, 12 3:42 PM
violet_sf wrote:Thanks for the safe code Margie B...(this game is fun but difficult)

You're welcome violet

This puzzle made me sweat a bit, so I'm glad I could help out someone else from losing all their hair like I did

Happy Thanksgiving!

MargieB

grannyann_
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by grannyann_ on Nov 20, 12 3:55 PM
How do you get the lever to lower the safe? Have been all over hunting one. Am ready to pull my hair out. Don't want to give up.

Edited on 11/20/2012 at 4:03:16 PM PST

akfrosty
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by akfrosty on Nov 20, 12 5:35 PM
In the quarry office, one of the filing cabinets has a puzzle on it and when you solve that the drawer opens and the lever is in it.

grannyann_
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by grannyann_ on Nov 20, 12 5:42 PM
akfrosty wrote:In the quarry office, one of the filing cabinets has a puzzle on it and when you solve that the drawer opens and the lever is in it.[/quote Thank you, so very much.

shanette1706
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by shanette1706 on Nov 20, 12 6:10 PM
MargieB wrote:
dogmama wrote:Just curious, was anyone other than me thrown off by the red herring ?

You are not alone my friend

Happy Thanksgiving!

MargieB

Yep, that makes 3 of us

samspunker
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by samspunker on Nov 21, 12 12:10 AM
After you find all the morphing objects (maybe before, just didn't notice) on the notebook page under the mask there is some writing over the leaf at the bottom of the screen. I can make out require someone.

Has anyone got a clue to this? Or have you seen anymore hidden writing that would go with this? Or is it just something that got left in?

shanette1706
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by shanette1706 on Nov 21, 12 12:50 AM
samspunker: I cannot remember the exact phrase now, but it was definitely along this line:

Whited out: This requires some investigation...

And when you link that to the little 'present' the mask spat out...

samspunker
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by samspunker on Nov 21, 12 1:12 AM
shanette1706 wrote:samspunker: I cannot remember the exact phrase now, but it was definitely along this line:

Whited out: This requires some investigation...

And when you link that to the little 'present' the mask spat out...

Thanks shanette! This makes the whole thing make sense. Thanks!

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 21, 12 1:15 AM
Hi Margie,
Thank you for the solution to the safe Grimes Quarry! Much appreciated. Shall try and find the morphing objects too later )

PirateGirl212
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by PirateGirl212 on Nov 21, 12 12:53 PM

What red herring? Are you taking about the Madame Fate ticket coming out of the mask's mouth?

Edited on 11/21/2012 at 1:21:43 PM PST

[Post New]by jasper3964 on Nov 21, 12 4:26 PM
I never found an office or a crane or a safe. I have the spot where the truck is and the entrance thru the vent but that's it. What am I missing?

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 21, 12 4:34 PM
jasper3964 wrote:I never found an office or a crane or a safe. I have the spot where the truck is and the entrance thru the vent but that's it. What am I missing?

You need to pick up the key that's on the warden's desk in the prison to activate the location on the map.

HoudiniCats
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Chapter 11: Grimes Quarry

[Post New]by HoudiniCats on Nov 22, 12 10:28 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:So close to the end, it has all been leading to this! Post any questions, queries or theories on Chapter 11 below.

Somehow I finished but never went inside the office at the quarry...the strategyguide keeps showing entering the gates (which I did) because I took a break didn't remember to go back to the quarry and "finished" the game. How do I get into the office? Nothing in my inventory now but the night vision goggles.

Thanks and Happy Turkey Day!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 22, 12 10:48 AM
Look carefully in the cab of the crane. There's a tool in there to help you get in the cabin.

HoudiniCats
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by HoudiniCats on Nov 22, 12 11:24 AM
Rumbitothecore wrote:Look carefully in the cab of the crane. There's a tool in there to help you get in the cabin.

Thank you so much!

[Post New]by Glennroh on Nov 22, 12 2:12 PM
Please help. I opened the safe but only half of the door opened and it won't let me see whats inside. I have exited the game but that doesn't help.

merry49
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by merry49 on Nov 22, 12 4:04 PM
I somehow also finished the game without opening the safe at the quarry -- was there anything in there that I should have gotten? Did my game experience suffer because I missed this piece?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 22, 12 4:06 PM
merry49 wrote:I somehow also finished the game without opening the safe at the quarry -- was there anything in there that I should have gotten? Did my game experience suffer because I missed this piece?
Yes! You missed the 50 morphing objects scattered throughout the game - these are triggered once you've opened the safe and looked at what's inside.

[Post New]by corkyshadow on Nov 22, 12 4:06 PM
My game doesn't seem to have any bonus section or morphing objects.

Go to: