gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Post any Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove technical issues here only

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 21, 12 6:18 PM
kdubs is right (thanks for that! ) you have to first click on the computer area on the desk then there is a closer view and click on the printer/fax to get something. After you do that then the paper/object puzzle and objects you could highlight and move around.

I did think it was weird that it didn't work before hand as it shouldn't have allowed you to zoom in with the help button at top right as obviously you think the puzzle is ready to play.

You may have to click on some other things as well, I had but it was the desk scene that worked for me as I hadn't clicked on that before.

Edited on 11/21/2012 at 6:20:21 PM PST

Re:Post any Murder, She Wrote 2: Return to Cabot Cove technical issues here only

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 21, 12 10:23 PM
I am also having the problem after replacing the broken glass in the bedroom window of the second case...Moose Lodge. Had to bring up task mgr to close it out. rebooted my comp and tried again...took me back to the same scene, again replaced the broken window and froze again. Think it is a bug in the game...am trying to wait for the skip button to show but being frozen, nothing is moving...very frustrating, especially because I know my computer isn't the problem.

eta: Went back in again, placed a few pieces and then hit Skip...Jessica responded but the game is still frozen, and had to use task mgr again to shut it down. Won't let me skip this book and go on to the next, either. If not fixed soon, I will be requesting a refund. Shame, as I do enjoy these little mysteries.

Edited on 11/21/2012 at 10:48:36 PM PST

[Post New]by zorr90 on Nov 22, 12 1:37 AM
I had no issue with that puzzle, actually.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 22, 12 4:13 AM
Heya WolfenRaindancer,

I'm so sorry to hear that your game keeps freezing .

When a game freezes it could be that the software on your computer could do with a bit of updating. You can easily do that by following the steps you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 11/22/2012 at 4:14:09 AM PST

spiritgamer
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Glass shards problem solved! Check here.

[Post New]by spiritgamer on Nov 22, 12 8:50 AM
Changing my aspect ratio in the Options menu solved the issue. When I completed the puzzle I changed the aspect ratio back.

Hope this helps you Fishies!

[Post New]by ladymax1944 on Nov 22, 12 11:37 AM
I had some problems with game freezing in the window scene like some one else did and I had it do it on some other ones too but quit the game and went back and it worked
finished all three cases and also wished there were more like in the first murder, she wrote
had to skip some of the puzzles so I will play again to see if I can figure them out
hope there will be more to come in the future
I am a Murder, She Wrote fan

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Nov 22, 12 1:39 PM
I am having the same problem with the bedroom window. I reassembled the window and Jessica tells me that the culprit must be limping on his right foot as he cut his left foot on the glass. When I try to pick up the object on the windowsill I am told I must move the glass before I can pick it up. The glass is already moved yet I get the repeating message. I cannot do anything and I have to use the Task Manager to get out of the program. Restarting doesn't help, and judging from the number of people with this same problem, a glitch is indicated. Please fix or give me a coupon.

slotfish
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by slotfish on Nov 22, 12 3:14 PM
everything in my inventory disapeared came back now its gone . so much for $5 maybe nextime

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Nov 22, 12 5:01 PM
Well go figure...I was in the process of the Dr. Felix thing, and decided to open the game so I could take a screen shot and redid the window once again, however, this time INSTEAD of trying to pick up whatever the object is, I hit 'continue' on the text screen, and "voila"...the item went into inventory on its own, and I can now continue the game.

Still think it is a bug and needs to be fixed, since your screen will freeze if you do the natural thing by trying to pick it up.

[Post New]by joannemaryjo on Nov 22, 12 5:17 PM
I too am having trouble with the window in the Lane bedroom...completed the window and the screen freezes...the only way to get out of the game was to totally shut down my computer! Tried uninstalling and re-installing and it did not help...would like to be able to finish the game....I have a brand new computer with windows 8 so I know it's not the computer... would like to try the reinstalling process again but afraid the same thing will happen...I am sure there is a bug in the game that needs to be fixed and once again I am sorry I purchase the game without checking the blog first!!!

[Post New]by pbooker_sms on Nov 22, 12 6:45 PM
bea1106 wrote:
dosnomads wrote:I'm also having the same problem with the Lane house bedroom window. Have to shut down completely to exit the game. Will this bug be fixed?

me too. can't get further....

Right there with you!!! And, I was loving the game

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Nov 23, 12 3:57 AM
Same with me trying to execute that window puzzle. Took a tip here and after having to CAT out of it to task manager, went back to game, Options, deselected Aspect Ratio like someone suggested. Odd, because on starting first time that wouldn't click on, and have no idea what it does or if related to this window glitch. I hqave widesreen laptop but game won't fill screen or stretch on full screen, black bars etc.

Anyway, I had been getting same text re putting window back together before picking up the inkwell. Well, I had done it twice. First time the HELP button was highlighting in orange, not functional, SKIP not functioning, hand arrow down went right offscreen, not letting me leavel. On replay after putting window together the inkwell just flew off and down to my inventory which was hidden before, after I had used it.

Too many of us had the same glitch here, has to be a programming error. Bizarro! And Some puzzles like the computer password have no reset buttons. I clicked a 7 and 77 typed in, started over and got 2 BBs, didn't want to skip, went back and it accepted my third try. Seems some of the tasks like papers not moving will work if you leave and do something else and return, things out of sequence maybe. Maybe the reason there is no walkthrough yet is the programmer is still stuck somewhere too

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Nov 23, 12 6:48 PM
Well, my trial just ended and now I have to decide if I want to purchase or not. I remember the trouble I had with the first Murder, She Wrote when I got to the third case and got totally stuck, glitch in the game and I never did get to finish it. Luckily for me I had purchased it at a store and just returned it for a refund! Now I do not know if I want to take a chance on this one or not, I did the moving objects around thing in the first game but I understand there is a later problem involving a window? Sale goes till Sunday so I guess I have a couple of days to think about it....is the window thing a glitch or just some really tricky programming?

Edited on 11/23/2012 at 6:49:37 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 24, 12 3:33 AM
I have just started the game again - didn't want to buy it at first, but will get it now after all - and when I came to the mini game again where you have to move the papers and other objects on the floor, I noticed that one of them is a note (blue), which you can't pick up and move, but when you click on it, it will zoom in so you can read the message written on it, and then you can continue to move the rest of the objects until you come what you will see underneath.

Also, some objects don't need to be moved all that far away. They only need to be moved far enough for us to see what is underneath without it being covered up even partly.

Hope everyone gets through this mini game without problems.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Nov 24, 12 11:54 AM
Hey there Fishies,

Sorry to hear about those issues in the game! Thanks to those who have already contacted Tech Support.

For those that haven't I'd definitely encourage you to do so and to include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report. They'll be able to dive in and help figure out some possible solutions for those issues. To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the right.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

bfgIzara

Edited on 11/24/2012 at 11:55:35 AM PST

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Nov 24, 12 2:03 PM
Add me to the looooong list of people with problems doing the window glass in Moose Lodge. Put all the glass bits back into the window and then tried to pick up that thing in the right corner. Jessica told me it would be a good idea to get the glass out of the way (I did that Jess), then nothing....nada....zilch....could not move. C-A-T to get the heck out of there. I am about to go back in and, hopefully, be able to carry on, otherwise the solution to this case will be forever a mystery to me...oh, and the third case will have to remain undetected as well. This reminds me so much of case three in the original Murder, She Wrote game......................SIGH!
Update: went back in and had to re-do the window glass, when it was done the black thing went into my inventory all by itself! This is a very...interesting...game. Wonder what will happen next?

Edited on 11/24/2012 at 2:18:07 PM PST

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Nov 24, 12 8:01 PM
The bloody window did me in also. Finished putting the glass in and it froze up completely. Had to shut computer off and when I rebooted, I had to force the closure of the game. Then all the words on my screen became REAL big and I had to log off and start up again. Please fix this.....I want to know who dun it.

[Post New]by Ducky_Ohara on Nov 24, 12 10:54 PM
Cuddlefish wrote:Am having the same problem moving objects. I get the hand but nothing gets highlighted and NONE of the objects will move. Have gone in and out a few times and still not able to move anything.....Help?

This is clearly a technical glitch in the game -- I had the same frustration and had to click and move over and over again, trying getting the top object as far away from center as possible. But sometimes the object wouldn't move or would move back to its original position. I've played lots of games on my computer and have done similar tasks with success. .

Another problem -- the hint keeps telling me to go to Natalie's studio, then when I get there the hint tells me to leave. Stuck here now. Wasn't this game tested in beta? There are some terrific things about MSW 2 -- the fall scenery is beautiful, and the characters are interesting -- but these tech problems should not be.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Nov 25, 12 3:01 AM
Heya Fishies,

That window sure seems to be tricky and likes to freeze you .

We definitely want to get that solved for you and the fastest way to find out what's wrong is to get your Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report sent to us!

So if you haven't done so yet it definitely would be great if you could get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can have a look at everything.

Ducky_Ohara - Welcome to the Pond! Sorry to hear that on top of it your hint won't work properly either. If you haven't tried it yet, uninstalling and reinstall the game often helps in these situations!

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 11/25/2012 at 3:01:55 AM PST

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Nov 25, 12 8:51 AM
I only play 15 minutes of the demo, but I immediately thought that something wasn't working quite right, until I got to the museum minigame, where only the top objects would move, I could'mt move the other papers underneath, stuck, so I have skipped, and exit the game, beside the fact I wasn't have any fun playing, with those mediocre graphics and same all same! Too bad next time, maybe!

Go to: