tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version Available - November 21, 2012

[Post New]by tophen on Nov 24, 12 4:18 PM
i still have no way to play,no cursior,unable to ck hard ware cursior,.have been working with support teem,no luck.have messed a few things up on computer and mouse,spent hours working on it.the other is botanica into the unknown.hate to waste money on games i can,nt play.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Nov 26, 12 12:10 PM
if i install it today---11-26-12, will i get the updated version?

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Nov 26, 12 12:42 PM
lisablue4369 wrote:if i install it today---11-26-12, will i get the updated version?

Yup. You will also always get the latest version when you install from your purchase history.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Nov 26, 12 1:04 PM
thank you...............doug

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Nov 28, 12 3:17 PM
Hi again Fishies!

We've received a new version of this C.E. that addresses these issues:

• Fixed bug which prevented the post-credits cut scene from appearing.

• The screwdriver will no longer be erroneously removed from the player’s inventory in the prison.

As before, you can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes. Your game should pick up where you left it once reinstalled!

If you have any other problems, please contact our Tech Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Thanks again for your patience as we worked out these issues!

bfgMonongahela

Re:UPDATE! New PC version Available - November 28, 2012

[Post New]by luvbug24601 on Nov 28, 12 8:56 PM
I have reinstalled the updated game both times, and posted twice on the tech board about the no cursor when you look at the cork board in the coroner's office. I still have this issue even with the new update. I have seen many people in the forums complain about this issue. I have even googled about the game and seen in other sites people having the same issue. I was told to contact customer support for this issue. Does it not make more sense to fix this bug since I am not the only one with this problem ? I don't want a free game, I want to finish the one I started and became invested in. I would like a solution to this problem. Since I know I am not the only one having it. It would be nice to have it addressed and not "rubber stamped" answered. I have become very disappointed in Big Fish lately.

FlatSlewFoot
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,559 Posts

[Post New]by FlatSlewFoot on Nov 28, 12 9:40 PM
I had the cork board problem which i fixed by re selecting th high definition box in options from the main menu. (I had cleared the box hoping to improve performance) So I was feeling pretty good until I got to the train tunnel and had the same stupid thing happen to me when I zoomed in on the map on the wall. This time I can't find a setting in options that helps.

Will this new version fix that problem? Or should I wait for another new version down the line?

[Post New]by kamleshsheth on Nov 29, 12 1:09 AM
yes! i still have the same problem of cursor disappearing at viewing the map in train tunnel. this is after reinstalling the new version of 28th!!!

please help

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Nov 29, 12 3:27 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm really sorry to heat that you're still having issues running the game properly after the update.

If you have checked your screen resolution and updated your drivers already, and as the help we can provide here on the Forum is basic, for in-depth support you'll have to contact our dedicated I would suggest reaching out to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help and provide dedicated support for you particular issue.

Thank you for working with us.

bfgTokoro

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 29, 12 4:25 AM
Alas... BigFish Studios didn't look into the problem with the box-sized screen. Against all hopes I reinstalled this new version and I still can't get full screen. *sigh*

As I mentioned before, is it possible that this game and "The 13th Skull" both have a slightly different programming than the other MCF games, due to the fact that both of them have live actors in them, and that is the reason they don't show in full screen for some of us?
Because those 2 games are the only ones I own from BF Studios that don't open in full screen. Except, with "The 13th Skull" I do get full screen when I manually lower the resolution, but it doesn't work with this game - nor does anything else work. Even CS gave up on me. *more sighs*

[Post New]by themouse020 on Nov 29, 12 6:17 AM
I would like to know if the developers plan to address the screen resolution issue with this game. It has nothing to do with drivers, directx version, or any other setting we can accomplish on a Windows 7 widescreen pc. I am aware that, since the game uses Autodesk software, the issue may need to be addressed in conjunction with that company and will take more time. It is worth noting that Escape from Ravenhearst also used Autodesk, and runs fine, at least on my machine. So what happened this year? I have already contacted tech support and gotten nothing but the usual "it's your fault, not ours" from them. Can the moderator check with developers and tell us if they are at least looking at the remaining issue(s), or should we give up on this game? Thanks!

FlatSlewFoot
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,559 Posts

[Post New]by FlatSlewFoot on Nov 29, 12 7:47 AM
kamleshsheth wrote:yes! i still have the same problem of cursor disappearing at viewing the map in train tunnel. this is after reinstalling the new version of 28th!!!

please help

Me too. I guess it's time for the email to CS.

[Post New]by shaz50 on Nov 29, 12 8:57 AM
I have done everything the tech guys have suggest updated my directX etc re istalled the game 5 times so far, used another profile and get to the cork board and yep no cursor so still not able to continue playing

I have all the mcf games and have not had any problems playing and the fact that many people are having the same issues of cursor disappearing and the makers of the programme are not even trying to resolve the problem is very disappointing.

All the tech guys have no suggested is that i get a coupon to try another collection game seems like a huge cop out to me.

Sort the issues out would make a lot more people happy.

I for one am very disappointed in both the game and lack of real support

Edited on 11/29/2012 at 8:58:41 AM PST

robinbucy
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by robinbucy on Nov 29, 12 9:08 AM
kamleshsheth wrote:yes! i still have the same problem of cursor disappearing at viewing the map in train tunnel. this is after reinstalling the new version of 28th!!!

please help

I have the same problem, even after downloading the latest version and communicating with the techs. I have all if the MCF games and don't want a coupon. I WANT MY GAME!!!

FlatSlewFoot
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,559 Posts

[Post New]by FlatSlewFoot on Nov 29, 12 9:47 AM
I'm with you robiinbucy. I've found that by setting the resolution to 1440X900 I fet full screen and am able to run the game in window mode. In the train tunnel the cursor vanishes when the skeleton dance happens but reappears when that frame closes automatically. But when you click on the spot on the wall where the map is the frame comes up, the cursor disappears and this time the frame does not go away automatically and the cursor never comes back. If you move the mouse out of the game window the system cursor becomes visible. Move it back into the game window and it vanishes again. Position it by guess work and click...nothing....however moving in the area of the inventory will sometimes reveal the labels of items but not the items themselves.

Since tech support was unable to help other users i'm reluctant to go through the rigamarole. Does anybody have any ideas?

To those of you stuck at the corkboard: I was too until i selected the high definition optiion in the options area in the main menu. I had disabled it hoping to imporve performance. When I turned it back on the cursor appeared in the corkboard frame and i was able to move on....until the same dang thing happened in the train tunnel but this time i can't find settings that work

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 29, 12 5:33 PM
FlatStewFoot wrote:I've found that by setting the resolution to 1440X900
That's 16:10. Can you set your resolution to 1600x900 (16:9) and try again?

Edited on 11/29/2012 at 5:33:37 PM PST

[Post New]by jefdizon on Nov 30, 12 1:04 AM
what about the missing cursor in the coroner's office? i have to Alt+F4 to even escape the game because it freezes when i click the board! this is too bad i can't even continue playing. i'm a big MCF fan but this is really disappointing. i played all other MCFs and nothing like this has ever happened to me. please fix.

FlatSlewFoot
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,559 Posts

[Post New]by FlatSlewFoot on Nov 30, 12 9:34 AM
jefdizon wrote:what about the missing cursor in the coroner's office? i have to Alt+F4 to even escape the game because it freezes when i click the board! this is too bad i can't even continue playing. i'm a big MCF fan but this is really disappointing. i played all other MCFs and nothing like this has ever happened to me. please fix.

I got past that problem by making sure the high definition option was selected in the options box accessible from the main menu. If it's tuned off and won't allow you to turn it on you're probably stuck...like I am in that dang train tunnel

Mr. Russ 1440X900 is as high as my monitor goes.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 30, 12 4:46 PM
FlatStewFoot wrote:Mr. Russ 1440X900 is as high as my monitor goes.
My work laptop is the same. Do you have 1360x768 as an option? That's the closest to 16:9.
[It's not exactly 16:9 - that's 1360x765 - so you may see black bars].

Edited on 11/30/2012 at 4:47:50 PM PST

[Post New]by panthrah on Dec 2, 12 3:06 PM
seen a post or three about the screwdriver bug being fixed.. well I un/re installed and its not there.. Im still stuck *taps fingers* now what? *puts on Aliens*

Go to: