luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by luvmigame on Dec 3, 12 1:12 AM
Thanks for trying bfgizara, but pushing the "auto" button was the first thing I did. Still can't play because the right side of the playfield is off the screen.

TDogSky
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by TDogSky on Dec 3, 12 1:06 PM
I posted this once before and now I can't find my post anywhere so I'l do it again.
My problem is that parts of the screen are "whited" out. In the Options page, there are just white bars and in the hidden object sceens, the list of things to find is all white bars. I can't tell what I'm supposed to be looking for. I have all the MCF games and don't want to miss one but I'm not going to buy this one if I can't play it. I have uninstalled and redownloaded, changed my screen resolution and the "auto" button on my monitor. Nothing has worked.

[Post New]by reeferfitter on Dec 3, 12 3:34 PM
I am having the same issues with the coroner's office cork board. Does anyone know the fix?

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 4, 12 7:44 AM
Hi Fishies,

We are really sorry to see that these issues are continuing.

If uninstalling and reinstalling the game to get install the new version did not help, and as the help we can provide here on the Forum is basic; for in-depth support you'll have to contact our dedicated Tech Support.

Even though many of you are experiencing a similar issue, the best way for us to identify the issue and provide a resolution, is to collect as much information as possible, and this information may vary on different systems and set ups.

We would really appreciate it if you could take the time to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team.

Thank you so much for working with us.

bfgTokoro

[Post New]by radish1234 on Dec 4, 12 8:25 AM
Ok Is anyone having the same technical issues as me.. I cannot get out of the strategy guide.. without pressing escape and leaving the guide. At the quarry which i think i have done to early i cannot access the map or get back to another area...

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 4, 12 8:48 AM
radish1234 wrote:Ok Is anyone having the same technical issues as me.. I cannot get out of the strategy guide.. without pressing escape and leaving the guide. At the quarry which i think i have done to early i cannot access the map or get back to another area...

While SG is open, click "back", then click "back" again. Took me a bit to figure out too. It's not a logical or familiar mechanic.

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by cjpandie on Dec 4, 12 7:30 PM
I have downloaded the game twice and both times, the game is only in the top half of my screen. I only see the bottom of the pages in the top half of my screen. I clicked agree on the DirectX thing that came up at the beginning. Is there anyway that I might be able to play this game? It looks very interesting.

[Post New]by nascarfan2000 on Dec 5, 12 4:14 AM
I redownloaded this game twice, and when it starts to validate, it tells me that bigfish is not responding. I sent a message to cust. supp. and if anyone out there can tell me how to fix this, please do. I paid 20 bucks for this game.

rcuber
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rcuber on Dec 5, 12 5:06 AM
I think there is a technical problem in the panchiko game.
I have to put out the computer 3 times before been able to follow the game.

Post any Mystery Case Files: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by welshtaffi on Dec 5, 12 2:01 PM
I downloaded the game fully, but when it came to validating the whole process froze and if I restart, then the download starts again. This happened a few times.
Since I successfully downloaded and activated other games before that, there can be no problem with the firewall.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Dec 5, 12 2:18 PM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you experiencing problems with the game not activating and freezing in the Game Manager when validating, I recommend first trying to uninstall and then reinstall the game itself. You can find more information on doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

cjpandie, those types of errors can have a couple causes. One thing that may help is to adjust your screen resolution to see if one can be found that works with the game. You can find more information on doing that here:

Screen Resolution

If these tips aren't helping, please let our Tech Support Team know and they'll be happy to assist you further.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Dec 5, 12 8:09 PM
Mac version
Freezes, locks up, shuts down after 5-15 min. of play. Error shows memory maxed out. This game somehow uses up all my memory in 5-15 min of play so it has an unexpected shutdown.

I reopened the game and it saves most of what I've done.

Running activity monitor, I found that it uses most of my 4 GB of memory in that 5-15 min. and 100% of CPU at times. Why?

Makes it very difficult to play and enjoy.

MacBook Pro, 2.7 GHz i7 CPU, 4GB mem, Intel 3000HD graphics, OS Lion 10.7.5

I do not have any other programs running, quit internet connection and everything else I could safely quit. It made no difference.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 6, 12 3:42 AM
Hi mcurty,

How disappointing - we definitely want to help you play this game!

For a specific issue such as this, I would encourage you to contact our Tech Support Team for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. They will be glad to assist you and provide some more specific advice.

If you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

co_ff_ee
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by co_ff_ee on Dec 6, 12 5:11 AM
I am unable to uninstall SL with games manager. I click on trash can by game and it continues to run uninstall . and yes I have let it run for about an hour before stopping it.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 7, 12 5:24 AM
Hi co_ff_ee,

I am sorry that the trash can is not removing this game from your Game Manager.

The good news is there is another way you can remove games!

The advice in the help article here will guide you through doing that.

Just to let you know, if you have any trouble or you feel like your Game Manager is not responding as it should, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Tech Support Team. Those folks will be glad to help you!

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 12/07/2012 at 10:19:39 AM PST

[Post New]by jose38 on Dec 8, 12 3:56 PM
I was far into the game when I discovered I could use the ladder to climb up to the grate in the prison admin office and open the grate into the cell. When I attempt to use the night goggles, they will not work, so I am blocked. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but I have the same problem.

sgtsedlak
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by sgtsedlak on Dec 9, 12 9:04 AM

I've been checking back, and see that there's *still* no fix for the disappearing-cursor/corkboard issue(!!) I can understand a delay when you have to go to an outside game company for a patch/fix, but this is YOUR product!!

The Quality Assurance department has fallen down on the collective job when game after game is released for purchase with crash/freeze/unplayable issues, and WEEKS go by with nothing more than "See the Help page" in response to customers' justifiable outrage that they're purchasing games they can't play!

Plain & simple: will there be a fix for this glitch, or are we getting refunds?

[Post New]by luvbug24601 on Dec 9, 12 11:11 AM
I am with sgtsedlak I would like a fix to the cork board issue. I have been emailing customer support. Did the Dr. Felix, tried all the help suggested on the pages. Customer support has even stated they know about this glitch. I would like to see a fix to this glitch since we have had two updates, and several people screaming about this problem across several of the forum boards (where this message will be placed).
At this point not fixing this problem for the people who have spent their money or credits has gone beyond horrible customer service. Offering a coupon for a different game is a nice gesture, but by the time you get to the glitch as a player you have invested a lot of time in the game. You want to FINISH the game, know how it ends, and get the satisfaction of solving it. It is a widely known problem on your game. Please fix it. I would hope that you would have it fixed before you release it the regular version. For those of us who bought the collectors version it would be a slap in the face if you released the regular version without a solution to this glitch.

vhope00
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by vhope00 on Dec 9, 12 2:41 PM
Have you guys figured out a patch for the missing screwdriver? I have closed the program, left the particular scenes, jumped around with a chicken on my back and nothing has worked. It appears that uninstalling and reinstalling does NOTHING except making you have to start the game all over again. What other suggestions do you have?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 9, 12 3:45 PM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in to let you know that we are still collecting information about the issue with the cursor disappearing at the cork board. If you haven't already done so, please run a Dr. Felix Report and send it in to our Tech Support Team. Having a lot of these reports will show us if there are any trends among operating systems and help us pinpoint the cause of the issue.

We've also seen that some players have been able to get around this issue by changing to the system cursor. If you try that and are still having trouble at that point, please include that info in your message to Tech Support. You can read more about how to get in touch with them in the post we've created here.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: