77Emma77
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mystery Of The Ancients: Curse of the Black Water

[Post New]by 77Emma77 on Jan 9, 13 2:31 PM
obviously, i was right. i clicked on the amulet but the window where the USEFUL TOOL was supposed to appear, was empty. so no amulet in my itinerary and the chest is inactive now.

i am calling for refund, i had enough.

77Emma77
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by 77Emma77 on Jan 9, 13 2:41 PM
ok, i gave it a last chance: started to play, just in case, whether the half-amulet will appear in my itinerary... yes it did!
so i continue. for now. lets see if there will be more problems. but definitely, this game is technically the worst made. my pc is strong enough so it is not my hardware insufficiency that is causing this.

77Emma77
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by 77Emma77 on Jan 10, 13 6:18 AM
finished.
this games had its ups and downs.
ups were a nice thematic scenes, with good sound efects, nice music in some moments, well animated actions, almost realistic, i would say.
downs: TECHNICAL problems, erratic animations at some moments, with black stripe across, and the achaeologists were too poorly made on the computer, so strange in comparison to the rest of the game.
if the technical issues were not present, it would be a lovely, easy - relaxing game. i was very close to give up and ask for refund. i actually had the message written, and was ready to submit it, when i decided to try it once more, what if.

boomer331
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Reviews for Mystery Of The Ancients: Curse of the Black Water

[Post New]by boomer331 on Jan 17, 13 2:59 PM
bfgTokoro wrote:Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Mystery Of The Ancients: Curse of the Black Water ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Mystery Of The Ancients: Curse of the Black Water page <a href="http://bit.ly/Rndbdb">here</a>.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1872">Big Fish Game Reviews</a> for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/230745.page#4843822>here</a>.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

boomer331
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by boomer331 on Jan 17, 13 3:18 PM
I have been playing these types of games for 4 years now and was getting pretty bored of them but this game kept my interest right to the end. It was easy enough not to get frustrated but challenging enough to keep my interest. Not too much back and forth, the game moved forward well and gives you lots to do all the time. Just the right amount of HOS's and interesting puzzles that were fun and not too hard. Well worth the money if you like a long game, it took several hours to complete. Very enjoyable game, I hope to see more like this in the future.

Yanie1020
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Yanie1020 on Jan 27, 13 12:44 PM
Just a warning for those of you who like to play in "hardcore" mode, as I do. There were no exclamation points on the map in this mode. The hint button (crystal) also was no help. It took me places where there was nothing I could do. In other words, a wild goose chase. It's a fairly decent game with great special effects but you're definitely on your own in the hardcore mode. Had to use the walk-through a couple of times because of this. Just want to save you some frustration if you like a little help on the way.

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Jan 29, 13 8:52 PM
loved this game!!!! Wished I woulda-couda bought the CE-thnxs big fish-awesome game!!!

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Feb 12, 13 5:22 PM
WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!! I LOVED THIS GAME!! I have NOTHING but compliments for this one!!!

Wide screen opened perfectly, graphics were awesome, jump map was SO appreciated!!

Will definitely play again and HIGHLY recommend you try!!

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Feb 15, 13 11:49 PM
BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

Irresponsible Archaeological Dig Threatens World Again

Story: You travel to the remote island town of Black Water, to investigate the mysterious disappearance of two archaeologists. There you encounter a terrifying monster straight from the ancient myths of Poseidon. What cursed secrets have these archaeologists unearthed beneath the town?

Developer: Mariaglorum
Release Date: Dec 2012
Extras: Interactive Jump Map, Game Timer

This is a much more sophisticated sequel to Lockwood Manor – it feels more lively and active. The story started off familiar, then took a couple of interesting turns. It was paced very well and there was plenty of background on the myths if you wanted it.

The graphics are well done, particularly the cutscenes. The monsters really are monstrous. There is fun animation and colour in the interactive HOs, making them more appealing. The puzzles are more difficult than the first game, making it a bit more challenging for those who like that. Me, I skipped a lot. I’m hopeless at puzzles.

Hint and skip are very quick. Hint is useless outside of HOs, just the usual “There’s nothing to do here”. The interactive jump map was excellent, acting as a good substitute for the hint button. And the game timer is a great addition. This is a solid game.

Edited on 02/22/2013 at 3:45:47 AM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Feb 22, 13 6:35 AM
great game, well worth the money

Jerry99
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

Very good game, recommend it to anyone

[Post New]by Jerry99 on Mar 23, 13 10:20 AM
I enjoyed playing this game. It has excellent graphics, good story line, and a usable map that shows all locations and areas with activities available. I really enjoy that feature in a game rather than going back and forth between scenes. I think it has a good length and has been one of the best games I have bought and played at BF.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Apr 12, 13 11:30 PM
After reading all the wonderful reviews, I was sorely disappointed with the demo. The story was mediocre and nothing new... defeat the monster, rescue the girl. I routinely do not play the puzzles (thankfully the skip filled very quickly), but all the ones I came across were old hat. If you like puzzles, you will not have any problem, because you will have done them all before.

I also had the same complaint as others. Why, when I had a tool that would work, did I have to find something else instead?

Definitely not a buy for me, but based on other reviews, YMMV. Try before you buy.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Apr 24, 13 7:58 AM
Yay! A game where you can turn off the hints on the map!

I played hardcore and the game took me five-six hours. I had to keep notes. This does not bother me because I've been playing this type of game since it was text adventure and one had to do one's own maps as well. I had to break off every so often to recover from item overload.

Mythology is a ripe hunting-ground for plots and I liked this one. It did strike me that we have all these various Russian-based game developers and I've yet to see a rusalka...

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Dec 18, 13 5:53 AM
Suberb game! I felt like the hero saving the world. While there was alot of back and forth it made sense. The music and graphics were great and this game much better than the first. I loved it!

Happy gaming, everyone!

[Post New]by m_porter7 on Feb 3, 14 9:42 AM
My game has been Spoiled & can't get any further. Where do I get threads and know about spoilers about this game?

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Jul 25, 14 8:21 PM
I thought this was a very good game. The story was good, the graphics were really good, the mini-games ranged from easy to hard and all point in between, the HOS were well done and interactive, and the game took a good long time to play. The only thing I didn't like was the abrupt ending, but that happens a lot in these types of games. I give this game a 7 out of 10.

Go to: