djoneal
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Reviews for Patchworkz™

[Post New]by djoneal on Dec 3, 12 12:15 PM
I gave it a try. the puzzles are beautiful, but not very complex. But what's up with yet another set of empty ratings on how well you do a leisure activity. I can see keeping track of which puzzles you complete, but why speed and perfection? Seems neurotic to me. Not a buy. Too boring.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Dec 3, 12 1:59 PM
What a beautiful game!! I love it, especially now Valdy explained how to Exit it (had to do that so I can buy it!!)

I love mosaic games and I love jigsaw games, and this is like a mix of both.

Nice one, devs and BFG!

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Dec 3, 12 4:34 PM
OK, well it took me three times before I figured out how to exit (and I'll be I forget a few more times ), but this is just too pretty and ...calming not to buy. Especially since I can get an extra punch card! Thanks for the hints on exiting, Valdy!

Off to buy...

timbermoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by timbermoon on Dec 3, 12 9:57 PM

I found this game charming. I enjoy puzzle games, and this one has a lot of character. The pieces are interestingly shaped, and the materials from which they are cut add appeal. Trying to get three stars on each puzzle is challenging, and gives the game a lot of replay value.

I am enjoying it immensely.

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Dec 4, 12 12:10 AM
Yes, charming for me as well!

I love the pretty art made of various materials, like glass, wood, metal, paper, stone. And I liked how each material set has its own music and sounds that really fits the material! Like the glass has a ''glassy'' sound, the wood, the stone etc. each has its own music tone. And it relaxes me.

I'm playing to get all stars, and some of them are challenging! Already had to replay a few of them, but it never gets boring. Also, there are ''secret'' sets, and I am curious what they will look like. The fever mode is a fun challenge, as well as getting the achievements (that you can find on the main menu--->High Scores.).

A beautiful and relaxing game

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Dec 4, 12 6:08 AM
I see most people couldn't figure out how to exit, BUT I couldn't find out how to get started. I saw all the patches to select from and all the options. When it said to click BELOW I guess they meant click above to select the patch. At least that was the only thing that worked. I could use the side buttons to go back and forth between options but could not find a way to BEGIN the game.
Anything that has such poor instructions isn't for me. Don't know if I would have liked the game or not. Thumbs DOWN!

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 4, 12 6:49 AM
I love it. It starts out very easy but becomes more difficult. The colors are lovely. This is a delightful switch from the normal fare. Nice game to play while watching TV.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 4, 12 1:27 PM
Just finished playing the demo, and WOW...much better than the first Patchworkz!
I also love the stained glass puzzles, in games, and jig saws, so this is one that I am really enjoying playing, so far with the demo.
I have not yet tried to exit, before the demo ran out, I had an error that said, the game had to close, with 8 minutes left on my trial, so it just closed.
I am praying that if I buy it, there will be no issues, because this is a very relaxing, de-stess type of game, which I need, inbetween the brain taxing games..lol.
THANKS developers, for thinking of those of us, who enjoy this type of puzzle game, I always wished that a developer would just make a game, that was all patchwork placing, and you all have done a GREAT job on this one .
The fishie was so pretty, only made it through the glass, so far during the trial, so looking forward to the wood, metal etc .
I do not like timed games, when I am trying to relax, so thanks also for the regular mode, and I hope once I get to fever mode, that I'll still enjoy playing that part of the game ...don't care for feeling nervous, which timed, racing against the clock, makes me feel.
For now, I am off to play, were I left off, in the demo, with fins crossed, that I will not regret this purchase ( turning into fever mode sooner than later )..lol.

I ...doing Patchworkz puzzles, so RELAXING and just what the doctor ordered .

[Post New]by HoosierMLE on Dec 4, 12 4:32 PM
I've played Wellgames Patchworkz! about 1 to 2 times a year for several years now and have always enjoyed it. It's on BFG but unfortunately not for purchase -- it's in the Online Games section. It's the same concept as this new version, but the original is 100% patchwork quilt images. It has well over 100 levels and gets REALLY hard beginning about level 60. The bad thing about the original is when I delete cookies, the progress is lost and have to start over . Grrrrr.

I bought this new version immediately when it came out -- without even trying first -- and am not disappointed. It's lovely to look at, gets more challenging after a few levels and the music is relaxing. Well done! BFG. Thanks for offering something other than murder&mayhem HOGs.

WestElkTinker
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by WestElkTinker on Dec 4, 12 9:30 PM
Wow! Patchworkz and World Mosaic 6 in the same day! Both a buy for me! . I, too, wish there were more games like this available. I like HOGs, but lately thay are too much the same, and not that interesting; ESPECIALLY when laziness or whatever puts the same objects in every scene. But I digress. I have never played a game like Patchworz before, and it is right up my alley. I had to force myself to stop, or I would have played the entire game at one sitting. The screens are so beautiful, in wood, glass, and stone (what I've played so far).
If anyone is reading or listening, I would like to put in a plea for more Patchworkz puzzles, more mosaic puzzles, and more train shunting puzzles. .

lookywho
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by lookywho on Dec 5, 12 7:04 AM
what a nice puzzle game I like this one very much always enjoyed playing these kind of games..I bought it its relaxing

[Post New]by oldecat on Dec 5, 12 10:58 PM
I'm loving this game. It is beautiful and fun to see the pictures come together. I think for a relaxing game such as this, it is not necessary to have a speed rating. I don't bother about speed anymore. I do like to get all the pieces in the right place, so I don't mind the perfect rating. However, I have lost my perfect several times because a piece sticks on the left side of the board (I have a Mac).

I also like the way a piece slips into place if you are close.

I have yet to find out how to get out of the game. Command Q has been my method.

[Post New]by grammabeauone on Dec 6, 12 2:41 PM
I'm with WestElk. Very excited to see Patchworkz and World Mosaics 6 in same day. I was wondering what I was going to do with those two credits I had. LOL I am a huge fan of HOGs, but I do like a change now and then, and these two games hit the right spot. I also have the first five WMs. Hope there will be more Patchworkz coming along soon.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Dec 6, 12 8:06 PM
The game was quite fun and certainly very suitable for a lazy afternoon or even young children of 5-6. Its not that easy as it looks as it can get quite complicated of where exactly the pieces could go. Hints are unlimited, but if u used this, then u wont the award, there are 3, completion of puzzles, fast and (I dont remember what), but the last award is given if u dont used hints (excellence award?)

Colors are so beautiful and varieties of pictures is a nice mix from fish to flowers to design etc.

LOVE it, but will only play full version if I can get free from library. Consider spending your free stamp if u are in love with jigsaw puzzles. Its worth this

xmaseve24
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Sorry I wasted a credit!

[Post New]by xmaseve24 on Dec 7, 12 12:22 PM
Some of the reviews warned that it's easy to begin with, but does get more difficult. Not! These are puzzles a five year old could ace. In fact, they very much reminded me of the wooden puzzles for toddlers. Granted, the graphics are beautiful, but please, placing five, ten or even twenty LARGE pieces in an already partially filled puzzle?

I like the concept, too bad they didn't take it to a higher level.

[Post New]by whirled_peas on Dec 7, 12 11:35 PM
What a beautiful game! I loved the online version and played it over and over until I knew every darn puzzle too well. I've checked over the years to see if they ever updated or changed the puzzles but that didn't happen. I was thrilled to see this one come out. I've finished the game (although not the last bonus - I'm not fast enough to open it yet - I really hate timed games!) but I wish there were more complicated patchworkz puzzles and just more, more, more! Still love it - will play it when I just need a calming puzzles to play without any of those darn HOS! Never listen to music but before I turned it off it did sound great and will probably use it if my TV isn't working! LOL Shadows on the pieces and sound effects for the material being used was absolutely fabulous.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Dec 10, 12 5:40 PM
I did purchase the game after playing the demo, despite how easy all levels were in the demo mode. I just figured, the levels have to get harder, right? Well, so far not, but still hopeful. Otherwise, fun game concept and pleasant artwork... a little like stain glass..

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Dec 13, 12 10:38 AM
I agree with most of the comments - relaxing, hard to exit etc!

I have a couple of grumbles though, that I don't see anyone mentioning:

The background colour (color?) is red, as has been said, but sometimes this is not best and it would be very useful to be able to change it for a particular frame.

There are usually more pieces to be put in than can be seen at one time in the sidebar. It would have been nice if the bar could be scrolled to allow the hidden pieces to be selected. Some of the visible pieces are "wasted" because they cannot be fitted to any particular place on the screen until other pieces have been done first.

ETA: For me (XP SP3 desktop) the Custom Cursor doesn't do anything special either. No-one else has commented so maybe it's just my machine.

Edited on 12/13/2012 at 12:29:05 PM PST

Mks1l
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Beautiful but flawed.

[Post New]by Mks1l on Dec 15, 12 5:23 PM
I enjoyed playing this game - and it is beautiful. Then, after I finished all the levels and went back for the bonus level, it wasn't there. Glitches like this make me down grade this.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Dec 25, 12 11:21 AM
I absolutely love this game. I want MORE puzzles. I've finished them all. I have speed and accuracy on most but some of the more difficult I don't have speed.

One suggestion to the devs.... make the Fever round optional and not necessary to get all the puzzles. Some of us enjoy puzzling at our own pace.

I hope we see a patchworkz2 very soon.

Edited on 12/25/2012 at 11:22:55 AM PST

Go to: