New Westward ???????

[Post New]by bbaltzer001 on Oct 26, 09 7:23 AM
Anyone know when we might possibly get a new westward game????

ahsten75
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

Re:Welcome to Westward forum

[Post New]by ahsten75 on Dec 7, 09 6:16 PM
I think I've finished all the tasks in Lightning Bluff (I went after Mr Wong) and moved on to Paradise Falls, but on the map it doesn't show up in red like Chippewa Camp and Hope Whatever. Is there still something I need to do?

[Post New]by diacase on Dec 13, 09 10:30 PM
How do I zoom in and out on this game please help going crayz

ahsten75
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by ahsten75 on Dec 14, 09 4:12 PM
On Westward 1, you can't zoom in and out. On the later ones you can by using your mouse scroll. You can use the map to see where you are or want to go and double-click on it to go there. I hope that helps you

[Post New]by Jeanne56 on Feb 6, 10 2:52 PM
nineill wrote:I decided to play westward and i have got as far as the 4 map pieces and found the treasure there r no more quests is that it game over?

Where is the map piece east of the twin falls?
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re:Rabbit hole

[Post New]by msksdbk on Jun 1, 10 2:12 PM
I have tried to blow up the rabbit hole with no luck can someone help me, I am trying to find the treasure maps.

[Post New]by msksdbk on Jun 2, 10 7:07 PM
there is a saloon there and you can buy gunfighters but if you take your sheriff and he dies you will have to start over. I left my sheriff out of the fights.

[Post New]by KitKat108 on Jul 12, 10 7:12 AM
HELP I AM STUCK IN WESTWARD 1 IN PARADISE FALLS. I CAN'T BUILD MY BLACKSMITH. I HAVE THE LUMBER MILL AND MINE THAT ARE REQUIRED. I HAVE THE REGUIRED AMOUNT OF GOLD AND WOOD BUT IT WILL NOT UNLOCK IT.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 9, 10 10:22 AM
KitKat108 wrote:HELP I AM STUCK IN WESTWARD 1 IN PARADISE FALLS. I CAN'T BUILD MY BLACKSMITH. I HAVE THE LUMBER MILL AND MINE THAT ARE REQUIRED. I HAVE THE REGUIRED AMOUNT OF GOLD AND WOOD BUT IT WILL NOT UNLOCK IT.
Shouting doesn't help. Posting a separate query might have--everybody can see the subject line appears and it's marked as new, rather than being buried at the end of an old sticky post.

What you describe should not happen. The only guess I've got is that you don't have a Lumber Mill and Mine, you only have a Lumber Camp and/or Mining Camp. If that's not the case, I'm out of ideas for the moment.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 9, 10 10:24 AM
Fionaj wrote:Since 2 & 3 came out however,
I have tried both trials and there is the same problem for me in both games...all of the trees, buildings, food, gold etc. are blacked out.
Is anyone else having this problem? I think it may just be my outdated video card, I have gone on line to try to upgrade it but they won't let me for some reason there is an error on the upgrade download (it is a VIA).
I don't want to bother tech support as I have bothered them enough in the past, lol.
Honestly, they won't mind. If you continually came up with the equivalent of "Ooohh, silly little me, I didn't make sure the cord was plugged in!", well THEN they might put you on a list. Otherwise, they're just doing their job, and getting paid for it.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 9, 10 10:25 AM
krinky wrote:I have a very bad picture with Westward 3. All the stuff jumps around and flickers like crazy. I had the same issue with 2 as well. Is there a problem that is easily fixed?
I don't know about easily, but: Contact Customer Support--green envelope, right-hand column. And if the first try doesn't work, let them keep pounding at it. Usually they'll succeed; if not, you'll get a credit. Can't lose--may not gain, but can't lose.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 9, 10 10:27 AM
boogienites wrote:This is my 1st attempt at Westward. I was only able to get as far as trying to do the mine thing. I've tried everything. Where the heck is the mine??
There isn't a mine, there's a huge rock with gold veins in it. Just have your character wander around into the blacked out areas until he finds it, then choose the Mine (not the Mining Camp) from the Build menu and plunk it down over the mound.

Second Thought: Or maybe at that point all you have available is a Mining Camp. In which case, plunk IT down nearby.

Edited on 12/09/2010 at 10:44:33 AM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 9, 10 10:28 AM
gramj wrote:I can not find the bandits to rescue Maureen. I have the sheriff and the money but no bandits. Help
In another thread of this forum, somebody says that they're off to the west of the map. Send a posse over there.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re:Rabbit hole

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 9, 10 10:30 AM
msksdbk wrote:I have tried to blow up the rabbit hole with no luck can someone help me, I am trying to find the treasure maps.
You don't blow it up (assuming you're actually playing Westward I, which is what this forum is for). You buy a rabbit and send him there.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 9, 10 10:32 AM
Jeanne56 wrote:
nineill wrote:I decided to play westward and i have got as far as the 4 map pieces and found the treasure there r no more quests is that it game over?

Where is the map piece east of the twin falls?
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are probably in the wrong forum, Jeanne, and you definitely are, nineill. This one is for Westward I. (No number visible, since they didn't know then that there would be a whole series.) By now there should be answers in the right forums. Use the "Find your game forum" link and go there, okay? Thanks!

Edited on 12/09/2010 at 10:32:58 AM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

New Westward ???????

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 9, 10 10:33 AM
bbaltzer001 wrote:Anyone know when we might possibly get a new westward game????
The most recent word is Epiphany (Jan. 6) of 2011, allegedly seen on the developer's website. But I wouldn't bet significant money.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 9, 10 10:36 AM
cynkris wrote:How long does it take for the train station in Paradise Falls to be rebuilt? I have been waiting (with a guy working on it mind you) for 3 days now and it is still only half done! I've done all of the other missions, built up money and wood! HELP...I am beginning to think about blowing it up! LOL
This shouldn't happen. And you won't be able to blow it up, I don't think. I'm guessing that when you started there wasn't enough money and/or wood available, and somehow the game hasn't recognized the new sources.

When you hit a glitch like this, your best move is to go out of the game and come back. Since you mention 3 days, I assume you've done that already.

Next best is to load your most recent Save and try again.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 9, 10 10:41 AM
ciara66 wrote:How do I save the bank from bandits with only one sheriff and one deputy? They are killed off by the time the 3rd round of bandits comes in. I'm stuck! I try building my town but it's demolished before I can save it.
I think the following matches this query:
msksdbk wrote:there is a saloon there and you can buy gunfighters but if you take your sheriff and he dies you will have to start over. I left my sheriff out of the fights.
I've never kept my Sheriffs entirely out of fights, but I do make sure that they're not in the front, where they're the first targeted by the bandits.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 9, 10 10:42 AM
harleygirl7963 wrote:I just recently bought Westward and am building a town, I put up a saloon so now I have bandits and it tells me I need to hire gunslingers, how do I do that?
Click on the Saloon, then click on the holstered-gun icon. You'll need 75 Gold or the icon will be grayed out.

[Post New]by jellybeanyz on Apr 20, 11 9:42 AM
hey all, i bought and downloaded 'westward 2 : heros of the frontier' ive played the trial game and that was fine, but after purchasing it, it wont open, it keep saying 'hardware failure to switch to specified mode' so i click ok 3 times and it comes up with another message saying 'error resurrecting the texture cache, problem cause: a bitmap was deleted during the corse of gameplay, missing filename: font_0. what do i do? im new to this site and so far had nothing but problems and dont see why i should havepay for a game i cant even play, so please plesase please help x

Go to: