Towers of Oz

Re:Towers of Oz

[Post New]by AndrewD27 on Dec 13, 12 4:43 PM
Triple ballistas + Catapults + Freeze + LOT of magic...an two lines of mana pools of course. Trees are strong but very slooow. You need to freeze them and kill by spells (you need many different spells + catapults).

Level 29 maybe the hardest usual level in the game. Level 30 is not so hard by usual waves but there will be final boss Tactics for 30 level is very similar but there'll be less trees and more dwarves...and boss of dwarves

MsCIn513
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by MsCIn513 on Dec 13, 12 8:44 PM
So I made it to level 29 without help getting 3 stars now............. I am completely stuck. I dont believe this level is passable, I cant even get 1 star Played this level over 100 times and cant get the right combination. By the time I use armagaddon on the first wave of trees I cant save up enough to use it for the second wave. Something is wrong here its ridiculously hard

Livibop
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Livibop on Dec 14, 12 3:42 AM
I have finally finished!!!

I have 3 stars on all levels other than level 29 - I cannot get better than 1 star there!!!
The final level was actually really easy after barely surviving level 29...

I used 2 columns of Mana fountains, green arrow towers, star towers, triple crossbows, fences, bombs, lightning, explosions, and lots of freezing.

Good luck!

MsCIn513
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by MsCIn513 on Dec 16, 12 5:03 PM
I got 3 stars on level 29 finally but I cant complete level 30. The final boss is just destroying everything and the waves of dwarves are coming so fast I cant rebuild it back. I wish there was another mana fountain giving mana faster and things reload faster geesh

[Post New]by AndrewD27 on Dec 17, 12 7:26 AM
Try to defend your mana pools by palings.

[Post New]by Trish08 on Dec 28, 12 12:33 AM
3 stars on all levels! Took awhile but found the game challenging, I loved this game!

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Jan 6, 13 12:27 AM
Stuck at 27...how did you guys do it!!!?
Have 3 stars on all other levels but this one I'm missing some some kind of tactic.
Anyone still out there with some help?

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Towers of Oz

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Feb 23, 13 9:47 AM
@FeyKina: All I can suggest is that you go back and read the previous posts in this thread about general strategy and other late levels. They very probably apply to 27.

Me, I'm about to delete the game. Plants vs. Zombies was a good level of difficulty and retries. From the comments here, this one sounds like significantly too much for me. Particularly since I barely made it thru the first 3 levels!

I also dislike the dialog.

The bit about Dorothy's descendant's special powers looks like mere hand-waving! Dorothy HAD no special powers, just a good heart and an awful lot of luck (or covert divine intervention, if you prefer).

Besides, she, Auntie Em, and Uncle Henry moved to the Emerald City where she stayed a little girl. So how did she get a great-grandson?

And I find the cat an annoying piece of reverse psychology by the designers to keep Timothy, and thus the player, committed. Sorry, didn't work!

Edited on 09/05/2013 at 10:56:02 PM PST

[Post New]by dv8gamer on Jul 29, 14 7:52 PM
Here's my strategy for easily finishing the last few levels with three stars:

My cards are
mana fountain
poppy field, wall, high wall
emerald outpost, multi-crossbow, catapult
blizzard (use this in every level you can), lightning, fireball

The key is to destroy entire groups of enemies. Bushers aren't effective in the later levels; poppy fields can slow down multiple enemies at once. Enemies will cluster behind walls then I take them out with lightning and fireball until I have catapults ready. The more powerful magic attacks are a waste of mana. I have both the wall and high wall so I can build walls faster; in an emergency, I'll build extra mana fountains and emerald outposts as obstacles. (I use bushers and both walls to stop the Pumpkinhead in the earlier level.)

I'll number the columns with the leftmost column as column 1. Start by building mana fountains in column 5. You should have 4 mana fountains in that column just as the first enemy shows up. Build an emerald outpost in column 4 in his path. Build a 5th mana fountain and 5 more in column 2 as fast as possible. As more enemies show up, build emerald outposts in column 4 in the appropriate paths. Fill up that column. However, you should be able to place at least one multi-crossbow in column 3 before you have all 5 emerald outposts. You should have crossbows in the middle three rows.

Whenever you have the mana for it, build a normal wall in columns 7 and 8. Otherwise, save up mana to build two catapults in column 3 in the upper and lower rows. In an emergency or when you have mana to spare, build high walls in column 4.

When large groups of enemies approach, use the catapults to take them out. Use lightning and fireball only if necessary. Save blizzard for the big groups and the boss. When a boss shows up, freeze everyone. Launch a catapult at the boss. Launch the other catapult at the biggest group of enemies, but try to hit the boss again. Throw lightning and fireball at the boss. He should retreat without even attacking.

That leaves the dwarves. When you have mana to spare, place poppy fields in column 1. That makes the dwarves sleep and get picked off by the emerald outpost. If necessary, you can use catapults and magic attacks to kill them. When column 1 is full of poppy fields, place poppy fields in column 9 whenever you can. Keep replacing those poppy fields and any fallen walls.

Edited on 07/29/2014 at 7:57:19 PM PST

Go to: