ELIZABEAD
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Re:Welcome to Westward II: Heroes of the Frontier forum

[Post New]by ELIZABEAD on Dec 10, 09 10:06 PM
I have no more gold and can't find anywhere to get any. I don't have dynamite, so I can't help the guy build a train station. I have helped everyone I could. Is there a trick to getting more gold?

[Post New]by SGR1075 on Dec 31, 09 12:52 PM
Have you tried building a trading post? You can exchange resources for gold>

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

WHY DONT U HAVE A WALKTHRU FOR THIS GAME?

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jun 24, 10 9:31 PM
I have asked in other places on this web site and of course am impatient to see an answer but I dont think U will give me one. Why havent you published a walkthrough? I could go to "other sites" and get one but as old as this game is why haven't you published a walkthru yet??? Needless to say I need one!! LOL

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jun 25, 10 4:12 PM
This is crazy... I know the game is "old" by computer game releases but still, why don't you re-post stuff to help folks with the game? We have to go to "other" SITES to get help.. This does not seem like a user friendly site for YOUR published older games.. Why is that? Also people are coming to this web site (westward 3 & 4) for hints for other westward games??? WHY when U aren't giving them any help with the first 2?? i AM really disappointed in BFG for this! Make my day, give us the walkthroughs that we so desperately want!!

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Jun 25, 10 7:24 PM
You might get better results submitting your queries to C/S. We forum members can't do anything about BFG management policies.

Now I personally own the game and would be happy to answer any in-game questions if you would care to post them. Should I not be able to answer your questions off the top of my head, I know exactly where to go and find the answers.

And p.s. BFG just sells the game for the creator....who has all the answers on his site.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Apr 20, 11 10:58 AM
Hi Fishies!

I just wanted to post a quick update that we previously had two Westward II: Heroes of the Frontier Forums. I've now merged the two Forums together and all threads can be found here.

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

[Post New]by jellybeanyz on Apr 20, 11 11:49 AM
hey all, i bought and downloaded 'westward 2 : heros of the frontier' ive played the trial game and that was fine, but after purchasing it, it wont open, it keep saying 'hardware failure to switch to specified mode' so i click ok 3 times and it comes up with another message saying 'error resurrecting the texture cache, problem cause: a bitmap was deleted during the corse of gameplay, missing filename: font_0. what do i do? im new to this site and so far had nothing but problems and dont see why i should havepay for a game i cant even play, so please plesase please help x

[Post New]by misseratic on Apr 23, 11 4:31 AM
Hi jellybeanyz -

I think this is a screen resolution issue. I've been playing the game for a while now but I started getting the same error message yesterday after upgrading to Internet Explorer 9 - might be a coincidence ?. I've fixed it by changing my screen resolution: for Windows Vista = right click on your desktop, choose Graphic Properties, then Display Setings. Under screen resolution I've changed it from '1600 x 900' to '1280 x 1024'. The game's now running again and I'm off to Gunslingers Gulch right now.

I'll have to change the screen resolution back again when I stop playing, which is a bit of a nuisance, but this game is worth the inconvenience. Don't give up on it ! If this doesn't work for you, do drop the technical support guys a line. They are quick to reply and really friendly.

wsa111
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by wsa111 on Aug 9, 11 2:37 PM
I'm stuck on the mad russian quest.
It never transfered the 10 deputies from the main town.

When sent to infiltrate the mad russians camp i only had two deputies?? Help Bill

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Welcome to Westward II: Heroes of the Frontier forum

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Sep 9, 11 8:44 PM
I'd strongly suggest getting out and getting back in again to the Mad Russian Quest.

If that doesn't work, suggest you try the Advanced Forum Search and see what else is written here about that Quest.

Or you can go to the developer's site and check out the archived posts for this game. No charge!

Edited on 09/09/2011 at 8:45:40 PM PST

[Post New]by Martina07 on Jun 20, 13 11:56 PM
Hy, please help me.
Dead Mine:
The question is: Search through the caverns to see why your Mine is running low on Gold
A Dynamite Deal: Completed
Golden Secret: Completed
But what should I do now?
Please help me. Thanks

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

WHY DONT U HAVE A WALKTHRU FOR THIS GAME?

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jul 29, 13 7:41 PM
Leanda1 wrote:I have asked in other places on this web site and of course am impatient to see an answer but I dont think U will give me one. Why havent you published a walkthrough? I could go to "other sites" and get one but as old as this game is why haven't you published a walkthru yet??? Needless to say I need one!! LOL
Could it conceivably be because there are perfectly adequate ones at other sites, and so the lack of a BFG-brand one is not impacting sales?

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Jul 31, 13 8:24 PM
Martina07 wrote:Hy, please help me.
Dead Mine:
The question is: Search through the caverns to see why your Mine is running low on Gold
A Dynamite Deal: Completed
Golden Secret: Completed
But what should I do now?
Please help me. Thanks
I don't recognize these quest titles. And if they're in any Westward game, I doubt it's WWII!

I strongly suggest you repost as a separate thread in the appropriate forum--it's dead easy, you just click Create New Discussion there. Please state who your Hero is, so everybody will know for sure you're in the right place. (E.g., if your Hero's not Marion Morrison, Terrance Stevens, or Maureen Fitzsimmons, you don't want THIS forum.)

Edited on 08/01/2013 at 8:17:54 PM PST

[Post New]by Chancedotcom on Aug 10, 13 12:02 AM
How do you buy guns?

I'm almost finished with the game. I have almost all the buildings and upgrades. All the buildings are manned. I even bought one gunslinger to see if that would trigger the guns appearing in the General Store.

The only quest left in the town is Bad Seed, and I'd really like to go in there with upgraded guns -- just p[ayed it too many times and gotten too close only to get the message that I've failed.

Thank you for the help.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Welcome to Westward II: Heroes of the Frontier forum

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 16, 13 7:34 AM
You're confusing WWII w/ WWIIII. There are no gun upgrades in the Heroes of the Frontier.

And for anybody else w/ questions: Please START A NEW DISCUSSION. These "sticky" threads at the top are NOT the best place to ask because they are never marked unread. I (or somebody else willing to help) have to remember to check the date of last posting to find out that there's been a new message since the last time we dropped by.

Go to: