CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Re:Post any Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by CiChDa on Dec 7, 12 10:22 AM
Again, thanks all for your suggestions. I can now play it on a new profile, but as I said, I would prefer not to start over from the beginning. SO, I have contacted CS and will find out what my other options are. I think I was half way thru the game, so you can see why I don't want to start over.
Happy Holidays all.
Ci

To 2smallnet, the CS here at BF is awesome, so don't worry, they will be there for you, ok?

Edited for closing remark

Edited on 12/07/2012 at 10:24:19 AM PST

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

Re:Post any Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 7, 12 12:38 PM
Hey Fishies,

Swimming in with a little advice and encouragement!

2smallnet: I'm so sorry to hear about those issues! I certainly understand that freezing issues gets very frustrating, and while our resources here are limited please be sure to contact Tech Support. They'll work one on one with you to help with some alternative options.

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

CiChDa: Thanks so much for writing into Customer Support already! A lot of Fishies have been writing in so don't worry if they haven't gotten back to you as quickly as the normally do.

Best of luck!

bfgIzara

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Dec 8, 12 9:38 AM
Finally I was able to play the bonus chapter after the latest update on Dec.5, I first uninstalled and reinstalled the update version, I had to start the game all over, but it din't bother me at all, and the bonus chapter was worth the wait, I had no tech problems at all, so thankks to dvlps and BFg team for making this possible!
Stunning game, well worth as CE, 5+

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 8, 12 11:37 AM
So happy to hear that the update helped, laraly, that's such great news!

Thanks so much for the great comments about the game! If you'd like, you're welcome to post your feedback in the specific Reviews for Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition . That way other Fishies can more easily find your feedback!

Happy gaming!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Dec 9, 12 4:03 PM
2smallnet wrote:Continuing to have same constant technical problem with game freezing up when candle tries to melt gear at gate. Uninstalled, reinstalled many many many many times.

Now, it does takes 2 tries before game finally freezes up again. But it still does freeze up in the exact same place.

It's seems like a charming game if you could ever play it. I wish I had never purchased it. It's more trouble than it's worth. For $19.99, I just want to download and enjoy a game.

I don't want to spend my time posting questions and getting the same disappointing results every day, even with a newer downloaded version. I don't want to spend hours in forums or with technical support. I don't want to waste time running unnecessary diagnostics.

Please just fix it or refund all buyers' money. This was my first Big Fish purchase - and if this game's problems are not resolved quickly and completely, it will be my only and last Big Fish purchase.

My game's freezing at the same place. Any ideas how to fix it. Thanks so much for any help out there.

Trying to play this game is exhausting and depressing - NOT holiday fun at all.

Edited on 12/09/2012 at 4:06:16 PM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 10, 12 12:32 PM
I was almost at the end of the main game when I got the message that my files were corrupted and my saved game lost! I'm going to uninstall and reinstall, but believe me, I am not a happy fishie. I certainly don't want to start all over again at this point and have it happen all over again.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 10, 12 12:36 PM
jennsmom wrote:I certainly don't want to start all over again at this point and have it happen all over again.
The new version will fix the underlying problem but you will have to start again under a new profile, I'm afraid.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 10, 12 12:49 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:
jennsmom wrote:I certainly don't want to start all over again at this point and have it happen all over again.
The new version will fix the underlying problem but you will have to start again under a new profile, I'm afraid.

Thanks. I just sent in a Dr. Felix file and if the problem is, indeed fixed, I suppose I will try again, but not right away. I didn't see any indication of this particular problem when I purchased it, nor did I see any updates on my game manager.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 10, 12 2:18 PM
NEW PC version available for Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition! December 5, 2012

2nd thread down.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 10, 12 5:27 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:NEW PC version available for Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition! December 5, 2012

2nd thread down.

I see it now. Thanks. Apparently when I'm irritated, it affects my eyesight.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 11, 12 4:51 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just to reiterate, if you are having issues with your game, please do quick uninstall and reinstall of the game, to ensure you have our most recent version, which was released on December 10th.

This new build should help the game perform more smoothly and prevent those corruption messages some Fishies have been seeing.

Please do note however, that if you've already experienced the profile corruption before, you will need to start over with a new profile for the fix to take effect.

If you need more help though, our Tech Support Team is on hand to help!

I hope this information is helpful.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 12/11/2012 at 4:52:02 AM PST

[Post New]by Tis_Nereid on Dec 11, 12 12:00 PM
I have started the game over five times and it freezes in the same spot everytime. When the candle is to melt the gear frozen in the ice, the pop up window showing the action and the text at the top of the playing screen freezes the entire game. I have changed profiles, uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same each time. I have also tried again since the December 10th Fix, which apparently did not address this issue/bug.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Dec 11, 12 12:08 PM
Hi Tis_Nereid,

I'm sorry to hear that's continuing to happen. There may be a couple causes for that, so I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can look further into that. One thing that may also help is to ensure that all your programs and drivers are up to date using our help article here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Tis_Nereid on Dec 11, 12 12:54 PM
Hi bfgSeine,

Yes, I have checked my programs and drivers. I have also contacted Tech Support. I also never purchase a game without running the trial demo first just to make sure. The entire demo worked splendidly. In fact, the scene that is freezing is just shortly after where the trial ended. So as you can imagine, I am quite surprised that there is now an issue since both my operating system was sufficient to play the trail and the trial itself ran effortlessly. Hopefully tech is on the task and I will be able to play the game soon.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 11, 12 3:35 PM
Hi Tis_Nereid,

I just thought I'd swim in here and follow-up on how the trial worked OK for you, but then trouble started after you installed the full version -

With a lot of our games - especially Collector's Editions - the trial version will be a smaller file than the full game. In this case, the full game is over twice as large as the trial (335.32 MB to 880.91 MB ). While Tech Support will be able to say for sure what's causing the trouble, this difference in file size could be related to how things only started going wrong when you were in the midst of the full game.

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Tis_Nereid on Dec 12, 12 6:23 AM
Hi bfgMonongahela,

Thanks for swimming in with your additional thoughts and suggestions on the issue. I do appreciate your time and attention to my dilemma with the game issue.

As stated in the Q&A pages of bfg Help Section, "almost every game has a free trial you can play to help you decide if you want to buy the full version." If the smaller file size that is downloaded for the trail is to help a consumer make the decision as to whether the game will play on their system and to decide if they care to purchase the full game, then apparently it is not really an accurate means by which to make that purchase decision. With that being said, I play several large file bfg collector's editions with no issues. Raincliff has the exact same cpu & ram requirements as this game and is also a larger file of 1048 mb. It plays fine as well as Mayan Prophecies CE (2094 mb) and Nightmares From The Deep CE (1370 mb).

I will keep you posted as to Tech Support's findings. Happy Holidays ~

[Post New]by pwladich on Dec 12, 12 4:29 PM
Installed and re-installed Christmas Stories. Do not have any script showing whatsoever. Any ideas?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 13, 12 2:58 PM
pwladich wrote:Installed and re-installed Christmas Stories. Do not have any script showing whatsoever. Any ideas?

Hi pwladich and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the display of this game!

Another thing we suggest with this sort of issue is to check for updated to your video card, graphics drivers and the programs that handle the display aspects of the game. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If you try that and the game is still not working right, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your particular system and can work with you directly on some more specific troubleshooting from there. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by marta53 on Dec 14, 12 9:31 PM
I purchased the Mac version of this game. Many screens do not display, including the opening sequence and all hints in the easy mode. Items I've collected waiver and disappear. It's a clever game, but it doesn't work very well. I have not had the "saving" issue that others report, nor do I get an error message.

[Post New]by mhwine on Dec 15, 12 12:24 AM
I'm experiencing the same thing:

-- opening screen was black, except for the cursor
-- animations are flickering
-- text displays intermittently, usually have to click a couple of times to make something appear.

I'm running OSX 10.7.5, Macbook Air, 1.8 GHz, i7 processor with 4 GB ram, if that helps.

Go to: