Re:Reviews for Twilight School

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Dec 11, 12 1:51 PM
IT doesn't have the latest bells and whistles, and horror of horrors, it isn't wide screen, but it is fun and that is all I require. Worth a coupon in my humble opinion. As always use the free trial to see for yourself. hat's what it's for. The mouse pad will be donated to Goodwill Industries.

Nortank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

A sad little game

[Post New]by Nortank on Dec 11, 12 2:07 PM
The dialogue is inane, the purple flashes for everything you find in the HOS are totally annoying, the navigation by filled or not-filled circles on the bottom right also annoying - not to mention that little compass that seems to do nothing but twiddle about. In general - annoying to the eye (graphics included) and annoying to the intelect.

A definite no-buy. Was even relieved when the game ended with (this is the end of the demo) after "only" 45 minutes.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Dec 11, 12 4:21 PM
I love this game! Ok so it's no Shadow Lake but it's also just an SE. It's a straight forward ihog type game with a fun mystery. RPG fans will probably appreciate the anime style cartoon graphics... I like them. It's not hard although to be fair I played casual so maybe that's why. The music is basic but not annoying enough to turn off. The H0 scenes have a click penalty even in casual which I hate but it's not hard to avoid. Cute mini-game/ihog elements such as searching for missing frogs. It's just FUN. No complicated thinking involved just relax and enjoy. You have to coordinate between multiple screens but you can instant click there with a sort of circle grid which is nice. The click sounds and animations were also nice. I liked the flashes for finding items. No awful sound if you click the wrong spot. No widescreen and no voice over. I didn't want to stop playing... it's a buy here!

So funny... I read the other reviews and apparently I have no taste in games and am not an intellectual because I like the game.

Just a nice basic enjoyable game. 4 Stars.

Edited on 12/12/2012 at 10:01:54 PM PST

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Dec 11, 12 10:20 PM
Wow big deal, get a free mousepad for a stupid game like this!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Dec 12, 12 5:30 AM

Edited on 12/13/2012 at 5:53:48 AM PST

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Dec 13, 12 1:23 AM
I dont quite like this, almost 100% HOG, with static characters (although graphics is ok), most HOS was easy, mini puzzles with the frog was fun but the thingy whereby u need to turn some lines into something whatsoever is so frustrating that u feel u must as well skip through.

Storyline is so so. It was not so easy at first to manipulate as I actually didnt know where to "go" until I click hint and realised the places are in a small sort of disc displayed below RHS.

Still if u are staying at home during holidays season, its ok to waste your free stamp if you love HOG

[Post New]by jaymus777 on Dec 13, 12 4:15 AM

Edited on 12/13/2012 at 6:00:49 AM PST

[Post New]by jessemitsu on Dec 14, 12 4:19 PM
I HATED this game and wish I hadn;t wasted even a gcc on it.

Too mant hos were full of objects with dumb names (whisk was a feather duster), others were invisible to see but random clicking seemed to find them so I got through it.

One puzzle wanted me to guide a sparkle through a maze but on the first click the sparkle disappeared and did not come back. Like many of the puzzles there was no reset so I had to skip.

I have a LOT of games from Big Fish but this is the only one that makes me angry I wasted my money.

[Post New]by AdriRose on Dec 15, 12 11:18 PM
Well it was all fun but then after awhile... I cant do much c: I am stuck in a certain area.. plus the hints aren't working anymore T_T

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Dec 19, 12 2:35 PM
I'm playing (I used a free game code to play. I would not buy this game - only maybe as a $2.99 sale). The dialogue is terrible... sometimes the conversation makes no sense. And the items to find in the hidden obect scenes very often are not what is to be found... A basket is not a bucket.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Dec 22, 12 12:31 PM
I agree with this game looking dated and sort of bland. I think this is a no-buy for me.

game_happy
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by game_happy on Dec 28, 12 4:02 PM
Played this game through to the end and enjoyed it. Heard one vo, a scream. The characters were beautifully drawn, no animation in the beginning but the characters did move from I'd say about the middle of the game to the end in some scenes. HOS had 9 objects only to find. Puzzles/mini-games were good. Some I skipped. I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline and was surprised to find some characters that the game description did not mention. A very pleasant surprise, by the way. Music was soft, not intrusive. Five circles transports you to various locations. Can't understand some of the bad reviews but to each his/her own. :-D Glad I decided to purchase this game after all. Give it a try and happy gaming.

Go to: