otogo
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Reviews for Weird Park: Scary Tales

[Post New]by otogo on Dec 12, 12 2:45 PM
Must be our Christmas present from Big Fish...so far one of the best buys of the year for five dollars.....(30% off today)...thank you.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 12, 12 3:02 PM
Okay, I have the first WP game and thoroughly enjoyed it, fruit cake clown and all. I almost bought this one without demoing first, but glad I didn't. It just doesn't play that well (surprising for this dev). Very nice graphics and music. HOGs okay, although a whole lot of them and very simple games. Hint system nice, except I didn't care for the bear blowing up the balloon. You can't tell from watching, how much longer you have before it's completely blown up.

I never use the game cursor because they are always too big and clunky looking. I much prefer the standard arrow, so always click that off. However, the standard cursor doesn't work well in this one at all. It wouldn't pick up items and was extremely frustrating. Seemed to work better when I went back to the custom cursor (still don't like them).

I really wanted to get this game, especially with the special today, but I may think on it a bit first. This is the second game in a week that has given me problems and I rarely have difficulty with any of the games. This one goes in my puddle for now.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this works great for you. Thanks for the reviews.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Dec 12, 12 3:08 PM
I played the demo, I could download in less than 5 minutes, and I could open the inventory but not so easily. I have a brand new computer with Window 7, and screen resolution of 1920x1080.
The game is having so many HOS in my opinion, and only few puzzles. I don't know is the full game is as this, I didn't read yet in the forum a review of the complete game.
HOS are a little dark, but excellent graphics. Also the Hint system is very good, to refer you where to go. It takes over a minute to refill.
Since just I bought the first one, I don't know either is this game is a sequel to the other.
I'm going to wait until late evening to decide if I'm buying or not.
I'm having confidence in BF to fix the problem, and also to offer a discount on the game after they resolve the inventory glitch or bug.
I strongly agree with Valdy, and another members of the forum, don't mess up your computers, this is the game's problem, and the Devs. and BF need to fix it.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all the fishies in the pond, and to BFG's team ,
M.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Dec 12, 12 6:27 PM
Review after playing about half of demo -
Uh oh! Technical problems!

The game does seem interesting and I certainly want to find out what happens. I didn't use the speakers so cannot comment on music, sounds, voices, etc. The graphics are fairly clear most of the time although a bit "grainy" in some scenes. Puzzles not difficult except that the cursor doesn't want to find the correct spot to click - ie the star puzzle. Even when trying to click the menu button to exit, I got a popup window to "close" but eventually found the correct pixel to click to go back to the menu so I could exit without CAD or shutting off the computer to end the game. Hint button is helpful. Quite a few H0 scenes in relation to puzzles, but that is OK for me - except for having to find the exact tiny little spot to click to get an object such as the scissors for the interactive bit in one scene...which I finally did after clicking so much I got the penalty twice.

The inventory bar just would not stay in place - no lock that I could see to keep it visible. It kept popping up and down and making it hard to grab an item to use. Hard to find the correct spot at the bottom of the screen to go back to the previous scene too. I would click a particular spot in a scene and get sent somewhere entirely different.

As I would really love to be able to play this game, I might go ahead and buy it today with the special as I am very hopeful BFG and the developer will "fix" all the issues I and other people are having with the game. I just had my computer totally update all software and drivers so I know this is not the problem.

Weird....

midori2
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by midori2 on Dec 12, 12 8:39 PM
Lucky me - absolutely no technical problems whatsoever. Game downloaded quickly and has played perfectly. Lovely game, have had lots of fun playing it today. I had to force myself to quit so I'd have some left to play tomorrow. Thanks BF, please keep games like this coming!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 12, 12 9:38 PM
Hello all,
Whilst I also experienced the sluggish Inventory appearance and use, I found backing out of the scene and being more patient when I approached it again to be successful. It seems that your item will only be ready for use after it has been "recognised" by the game play and I had to be patient on these occasions.

That aside, I found this a most enjoyable game ... and rather long. At least as long as a couple of the CE games offered recently.

It gets better as the story rolls on (don't want to post too many spoilers, but lots of fairytale characters to meet).

And I encountered more HOS than puzzles (my preference) - thankyou devs.

I highly recommend that those of you who like these types of games - and enjoyed the first one "Broken Tune" at least complete the full Sample Version, keeping in mind that it will stop at a certain point that might not necessarily be the expected hour depending on your chosen level of play.

The complete game file is much larger, so once you purchase it, you will have to DL it again.

Enjoy,

Cheers.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Dec 13, 12 6:39 AM
Noticing the vast number of technical complaints about this game, I checked the download time (about 25 mins. total, between click to download and final activation) and was very careful whenever I went close to inventory, and yes, it's pretty problematic. However, in general I had little trouble playing this game (on my old XP). My real problem was that I began to get bored with it. I found the sometimes cute aging of everything made absolutely no sense with the protagonist's car, and the HOS's were, as others have pointed out, very junkpile, and there were perhaps more than I'd like to see, although they were fairly easy. I think I did one mini-game throughout. When I went into yet another HOS near the end of the demo, I just gave up and exited. The story is fairly interesting, but I don't think this game's for me -- I like a bit more variety, and sadly, it didn't hold my interest long enough to see where it was going, although I can see that it would be a lot of fun for some people, so happy gaming, but I'm not a big lover of countless HOS's.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Dec 13, 12 8:35 AM
we liked the first weird park game, and this second game is even better, it has all sorts of fairytales in the storyline. we recommend this to all HOS lovers.----------------------------doug & lisa

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Dec 13, 12 9:40 AM
I must be different then the majority of you as I did not find this game appealing. After 7 minutes, I had found 3 HO's and no puzzle. To me. it means the dev did not have enough imagination to make an interesting game.

It is a no buy for me

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Dec 13, 12 10:12 AM
Foxy57 wrote:I must be different then the majority of you as I did not find this game appealing. After 7 minutes, I had found 3 HO's and no puzzle. To me. it means the dev did not have enough imagination to make an interesting game.

It is a no buy for me

I agree with you and Nancysusan. I really enjoyed the first game, but found the tasks to be same old and lost interest very quickly too.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Dec 13, 12 12:13 PM
Great game developers!!! Enjoyed the game and all the characters in it. Keep up the good work.

JellyRage
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by JellyRage on Dec 13, 12 3:38 PM

Edited on 12/14/2012 at 2:09:51 AM PST

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Dec 13, 12 4:31 PM
Wonderful game! Even better than the first. I've been playing for awhile but am not finished. The graphics are wonderful (not at all grainy for me) and I've experienced no technical issues. I still can't believe this is not a CE. For those who say you are underwhelmed with the demo, it gets better and better as you go on. Great job, devs! Please continue this series with the great game design you've been doing!!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 16, 12 12:23 PM
After setting my screen resolution correctly, and un-checking widescreen, I was able to play and finish this game, the only annoying issue I had was with the inventory bar, it took a couple of trys, before I was able to get an inventory item out, to use, so that did irratate me during game play.
But besides that, the rest of the game was totally AWESOME, talk about getting a bang for your buck, this game had more content, than most CE'S, its a steal for an SE !
And it is a very L-O-N-G game, without skimping on quality, it just blew me away, how these new area's just kept opening up, there are lots of fairy tales, to play through, with gorgous content in each, there is a TON of eye candy .
I also LOVED the H0 scenes, THANKS developers ..for me personally, I will never get tired of those .
I enjoyed some of the puzzles, I skipped the tedious ones, that I just don't find fun, but that didn't take away anything, from this great game, the game is so huge, that I barley noticed those few annoying puzzles .
I loved the first BT and loved this one also, so way to go developers .

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Dec 16, 12 5:34 PM
When this game 1st came out, I played about 1/2 the demo and was less than thrilled, so I quit and went on to other games. This morning I decided to play the rest of the demo and I am glad I did! I don't know why this developer decided to start off slow in the beginning of the game, but it gets better and better! I had a slight problem with the inventory bar, but nothing that was a deal breaker considering the high quality of this game. Also, the H0 scenes seemed to be more spread out the farther I got into the game. I am nearing the end, sadly, and have been playing about 7-8 hours total. Definitely worth the $, in my opinion.

SLIGHT SPOILERS:

I loved the SO cute teddy bear with the balloon for the hint!

I also loved the Christmas scenes! I could just use those as my screen saver for the rest of December!

jazzl2010
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by jazzl2010 on Dec 18, 12 11:40 AM
No disappointment....as good as the first...great game ....thank you

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 18, 12 5:20 PM
Well, finally finished that game...it was a long one. Sort of lost track of the story especially after entering the "fairytale" land. A lot to do here, but it could get a bit tiresome. I had to take a few breaks.

The mini games were easy to a certain extent, however the instructions were vauge at times and didn't stay on the screen for long. You had to read quick or check the ? in the upper left corner. SKIP did refresh kind of quickly and the games could be tedious so I did skip a few. HOS were easy and quick so the game didn't get hung up there.

There was NO MAP and the game did seem to go all over the place so you had to rely on a very cute, and quickly refreshing HINT. I enjoyed watching that poor little bear blow up that baloon! I give this game a 3.75 out of 5 and do recommend it as you do get your monies worth, but be prepared for a long, but sometimes tedious game. The inventory bar drove me crazy popping up and down randomly. Sometimes it wouldn't come up, other times in bounced up and down. Could find no way to settle it down...Voice overs were Ok and the graphics and animations were amazing!

Also, the curser sometimes goes crazy when you get it near the MENU in the upper left hand corner, but it does calm itself down. LOL

Edited on 12/18/2012 at 5:22:20 PM PST

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Dec 26, 12 2:43 AM
bellissimo,non ha deluso le aspettative.come il primo,è stato molto divertente..molto belli i minipuzzle e la grafica accattivante come l'altro.sono stata molto contenta dell'acquisto e spero in un seguito....alla prossima...

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Dec 26, 12 2:38 PM
LOved the game! I enjoy all **** games! Excellent graphics with no issues with the game while playing....highly recommend this one

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 29, 12 11:03 AM
Only just finished the game. It started out OK, but was pretty boring for a long while until I got to the fairy tale places. From then on it was great !!

I liked the idea of including fairy tales into the game. Made it so much more interesting, and I was able to move to different parts and wasn't stuck in just one area. Very well done.

Go to: