bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Post any Detective Quest: The Crystal Slipper Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 15, 12 4:59 AM
Hi flingo,

I am sorry to read that your game has crashed.

Sometimes just one missing update can create a crash. To make sure your configuration allows the game to run smoothly I suggest that you check our help page:
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you want us to help you out after this, please contact our lovely Tech Support Team for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be please to help you and make sure to investigate exactly what's happening.

Hope this helps!

bfgTokoro

Re:Post any Detective Quest: The Crystal Slipper Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by NancySusan on Dec 17, 12 9:21 AM
I had some typical (for me) Elephant Games problems with this game, but writ large: I downloaded it the day before it was released, and I had a black screen when the game opened, then it finally, after a long time, went to the opening screen. On beginning play, after some slow cursor moves and into a new part of the scene, which took a long time to load), the screen went white, then showed a tiny bit of the graphics when I clicked on a couple areas. When I entered the building, again white screen, where I could see a small part of the scene in one corner. This time I exited and deleted the game. Yesterday, I re-downloaded and no black or white screens, luckily, but sloooooowwww cursor and slow loading of new scenes, to the point, I gave up and, after exiting the game, deleted it. In the past, I've had issues with this developer with text boxes not having text, but this game just had "bad move to buy" written all over it. Too bad, because I liked it.

M1rAk0n
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by M1rAk0n on Dec 17, 12 7:23 PM
Not sure if this bug has been reported, but I went to pick up the dragon whisker and was unable to exit out of the zoomed in box ><

Edit: Just wanted to note I found a work-around for this bug. If you exit to the menu and go back it should place you just in the treasurey(no seperate windows open like where the whisker was) and you can exit and continue on! yay!

Edited on 12/18/2012 at 12:23:35 AM PST

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 18, 12 2:50 AM
Hi NancySusan,

I'm really sorry to read that.

As you tried different things already, I think the best thing to do is to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team, so we can get to helping you right away.

Best of luck!

bfgTokoro

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Dec 20, 12 5:22 PM
I am having truble trying to take a pictue of the phoneix & can not. I do not have it in my album any ideas?

ginny46
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ginny46 on Dec 21, 12 5:47 AM
i'm playing Windows xp, I purchased and am getting white background. Only points of interest are showing. Already updated video card, etc. per tech help on a different game. Would love to play but this seems to be for me an Elephant game issue, as I have had the same problem with past games Seems my video card is too old. Anyone having the same problem?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 21, 12 7:42 AM
Hi Fishies,

VTCT - I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game, in case that helps, as doing this will ensure the game files are loaded correctly.

Failing that, you could always try checking the built in strategy guide for this game to double check there are no outstanding tasks as sometimes, the ability to collect items is hinged on previous tasks.

ginny46 - so that we can offer some specific support for you, it would be really great if you could run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to take a look at this for you and provide some dedicated support!

Hoping this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 12/21/2012 at 7:43:11 AM PST

Sirocco
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Sirocco on Dec 26, 12 8:37 PM
I have same identical problem. Originally I could barely get to where it said play then it would shut down and windows said it was a problem. It happened the very first time I tried to get into the game then magically it started working. I am deep in to the game now and it played fjbe earlier today and now windows is saying it has clsed down because of problem which it fails to diagnose and I can't play. It has done it several times. It has done the black screen, frozen cursor thing but loads to the point where it asks me if I want to resume playing or start again.then when I click to resume it goes black...any thoughts or suggestions since it takes forever to load??? Many thanks

Sirocco
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Sirocco on Dec 26, 12 11:53 PM
Hi There,
I never usually have any problems with Elephant games but this game seems weirdly sensitive. It let me play again then pushed me out of the bonus content then let me back in. I find it unusual that the custom cursor shows up before the game has opened and I wonder if this part of the issue? I waited a long time touching nothing when I tried to get back in again, the black screen and cursor showed up.. I waited while and it eventually cleared to reveal the game..is this partly that it is a super slow loader? but it definitely has an issue with letting one into the game..not sure if that will help anyone..I hope so. I never did re-install the game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 28, 12 7:03 AM
Hi Fishies,

Have you tried the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how the game performs for you and some games can be quite sensitive, needing the most recent version of the software that run the game.

If the issues persist after checking out that article, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by blondie4116 on Jan 1, 13 2:08 PM
Adding this one to the long list of Elephant Games I can't play on my computer. :-(

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 4, 13 3:59 AM
Hi blondie4116,

Wow - I'm so sorry that you have trouble with all Elephant games.

With issues with a bulk of games like this, it is always best to contact our Tech Support Team, so they can investigate what is going on.

If you haven't already it would be a good idea to contact them so they can offer specific support.

If you feel like it is necessary, please don't hesitate to ask for the issue to be escalated and if you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

I really hope this information is helpful and wishing you the best of luck!

bfgBaikal

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Jan 8, 13 1:12 AM
Hi
I have a Mac Air and there is an issue with the video card which the tech team has confirmed. I'm hoping to get some update on the forum on whether the issue with these games have been resolved. Any heads up most appreciated. thanks

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 9, 13 4:36 AM
Hi bonggamer,

Thanks for bearing with us!

Just to let you know, there is a thread here where we have posted some information on this issue and we will be sure to update in that thread should we have more advice.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jan 9, 13 12:58 PM
My game is playing alright (?), but I have mostly white screen in most of the scenes. Luckily, the major objects with which I need to interact are visible and I can move forward in the game. Every now and then I see an entire screen and the artwork is gorgeous so I'm not missing it entirely. Does anyone else have this problem and does it resolve further into the game? I'm just at the forester's cabin. Thanks.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jan 9, 13 1:37 PM
Hi dollyflower,

I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing issues with the display in the game. Usually, issues like that are caused by programs like Adobe Flash, Shockwave, or DirectX being out of date. Out of date drivers can also cause display issues like that, so I'd recommend ensuring that those are all updated to their latest versions. You can find information on doing that here on this help article:

If those tips aren't helping, please let our Tech Support Team know what's going on so they can look into that further for you.

Hopefully that helps!

bfgSeine

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jan 18, 13 7:35 AM
I can not play this game at all..sadly to say there is nothing wrong with my computer..
I have uninstalled a few times i don't have any other problems with my other games

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 18, 13 9:55 AM
Oh no lovely62 I'm so sorry to hear the game isn't working!

Really great that you've already uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

Since that didn't help and your other games are working OK, running the game as an administrator could help. This just makes sure the game has the correct permission from the system to run.

If that doesn't help, then please be sure to get in touch with Tech Support. They'll work with you directly on some other options for the game.

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by McFeeNetherdale on Jan 20, 13 11:37 AM
I am having difficulty in giving the goblin the necklace it just wont work

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jan 22, 13 9:35 AM
How do I "run the game as an administrator"? Thanks again.

Go to: