debbie1001
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Re:Post any Fairly Twisted Tales: The Price Of A Rose technical issues here only

[Post New]by debbie1001 on Dec 15, 12 9:00 PM

I placed the photo in the frame on the table then the close up scene seemed to split across the screen as if it were two graphics layered one on the other. I can see the note I am suppose to take but when I click on it the close up scene closes so I can't finish the game. Bummer!!!! Another game with a glitch. Hope they get an update for this game soon.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any Fairly Twisted Tales: The Price Of A Rose technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 16, 12 3:22 AM
Heya Fishies,

It's definitely frustrating when you experience all these problems with a game you are trying to play .

If you game is very slow when changing scenes it could be that some of your drivers and software on your computer could do with some updates. You can easily get everything up to date with the steps you can find here.

Should your items disappear or you notice display issues, apart from updating your drivers as mentioned above, you could also try to uninstall and reinstall your game to make sure that all files are in place.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by klwilley15 on Dec 16, 12 10:20 AM
I have downloaded this game twice. It won't even load after downloaded. I've checked everything, compatibility, etc. and everything is fine. What is the problem?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 16, 12 12:01 PM
Hi klwilley15,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble loading this game!

With this kind of issue, it can help to update your video card, graphics drivers, and the programs that handle those aspects of the game. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If you try that and you're still not able to load the game, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be going on. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by chessiedora on Dec 16, 12 4:01 PM
The game downloaded quickly enough. However, when I clicked on play Game Manager closed then came back telling me how much time I had left to play. Have reinstalled and things are no better. I have now lost 2 minutes of play time which have not been used. I really want to play this game but will uninstall again and give up on it.

[Post New]by klwilley15 on Dec 16, 12 4:32 PM
That's what happened to me. Only it showed that I still had 60 mins to play. Just wouldn't load.

[Post New]by RockinOne on Dec 16, 12 5:46 PM
I am having trouble on the trial with inventory items. The first profile, I got the clam shell, but when I went to use it, I couldn't get the inventory to open, as if the shell disappeared. The second profile, the shell worked, but the goggles had disappeared when I went to use them.

[Post New]by dilliedallie01 on Dec 16, 12 6:48 PM
I'm needing to pick up the starfish , I know where it is, but when I go to pick it up..I can't ..I've tried 3 times, no can do..please advise..~!~

[Post New]by as5786 on Dec 16, 12 7:04 PM
In the music room, I can't pick up the starfish. I've picked up everything else, so I know I'm not doing anything wrong.

Please help!

[Post New]by sandradolores on Dec 16, 12 7:29 PM
I have a PC HP. The game has been moving along smoothly. However, I am stuck. I don't know if I just need a hint or should reinstall . I'm in the Music Room and am doing the HO. I need to take the Starfish but nothing happens when I click on the item. The message received when I click on the hint button is " take the starfish". I've tried clicking on other items to see if this is an interactive one; however, nothing happens. I've clicked so much my brain is "twisted". The Walkthrough does not show the starfish as being one of the items to find. Please advise.

Thank you,

Sandra

Lestat195
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Lestat195 on Dec 16, 12 9:24 PM
I had the same problem as Pastakitty with the trial. Hit "play" on Game Manager, the screen goes black and back to Game Manager. I am running XP on a Dell Optima with 4 gigs of memory and have the most recent releases of Direct X and Flash; all drivers are up-to-date.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 17, 12 4:02 AM
Heya Fishies,

It's really too bad that so many of you are getting stuck or can't open the game.

If you your game crashes right after you click the play button, it could be that some of the software and drivers of your computer could do with a small update. Sometimes it happens that a game can't be displayed if the drivers are not up to date. You can find some easy steps on how to update your system here.

Should you find yourself stuck because an element of the game isn't working, uninstalling and reinstalling the game could help you to solve the problem as it will make sure that all game files are in their right place.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 12/17/2012 at 4:03:52 AM PST

nlb47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by nlb47 on Dec 17, 12 5:24 PM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I am in the Curio shop. Can't pick up the coin in a HOS. I did try to close the game and came back, but still can't take it.

Someone a idea?

I am having the same issue. I closed the game, I rebooted, and still nothing happens. The hint points to the coin every time, but there is no way to pick it up

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Dec 18, 12 2:16 AM
Hi nlb47,

Thanks for letting us know about that.

It may be worthwhile to check if any graphic update is missing. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issue persists, please contact our Tech Support Team for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be please to help you and make sure to investigate exactly what's happening.

Good luck!

bfgTokoro

[Post New]by primrose999 on Dec 18, 12 11:23 AM
Froze halfway through.. I reinstalled game now the hint button will not work !!!

Hint Not Working/Missing Full Moon

[Post New]by Bizolith on Dec 18, 12 11:43 AM
Partway through the game, just as I was looking for the full moon token, the Hint button stopped working. I clicked and clicked...nothing. Also, when I returned to the library per the walkthrough, the full moon is no longer there. It's nowhere to be found.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 18, 12 1:43 PM
Hey Fishies!

Just swimming in with a little advice!

To help get that hint button working again, you could try making sure that the video card driver is up to date, as that can sometimes help with issues like this.

Please also be sure to reach out to Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

Hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

nlb47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by nlb47 on Dec 18, 12 5:59 PM
bfgTokoro wrote:Hi nlb47,

Thanks for letting us know about that.

It may be worthwhile to check if any graphic update is missing. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>

If the issue persists, please contact our <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support Team</a> for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be please to help you and make sure to investigate exactly what's happening.

Good luck!

bfgTokoro

I tried it all - nothing changed...

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 19, 12 2:19 AM
Heya nlb47,

As you have already tried all the steps that bfgTokoro provided you with, I would definitely recommend that you send a message to our dedicated Tech Support Team by clicking on the green envelope on the right.

They'll be more than happy to help you out with this and if you also provide them with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report, they can look into this even better and give you individual steps on how to solve the problem.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 12/19/2012 at 2:19:45 AM PST

[Post New]by plankwalker on Dec 20, 12 6:22 AM
I also can not get past the star fish in the music room. No matter how much I click on it nothing happens. I can't get out of the HOG so I'm stuck there.

Go to: