crazyfor20
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fairly Twisted Tales: The Price Of A Rose

[Post New]by crazyfor20 on Dec 16, 12 6:01 AM
I wasn't impressed with this game. It took a long time when you went to different areas. The game didn't seem to have a real direction. Won't buy this one.

Ivonova
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Ivonova on Dec 16, 12 9:09 AM
One word...boring.

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Dec 16, 12 12:43 PM
This is exactly why I prefer CEs over SE's With a CE it is all there but with An SE you need to turn around and buy the Guide which comes out to the same price as a CE. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Dec 17, 12 7:37 AM
Well I, for one, quite enjoyed this game, I am glad that I bought it and I thought it was good value for its money unlike the latest CE.

The graphics looked fine on my monitor and didn't appear stretched at all, the voices were good and I liked the storyline. I did have a slight problem with finding some of objects in the hidden object scenes, particularly the darker background ones and so used a hint for those ... I did think it was a bit too long a wait for it to refill though.

I particularly liked the fact that there was some unexpected variety in the hidden object scenes and thus not every one was just looking for list after list of items.

Cherb

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Dec 17, 12 12:32 PM
OMG...get me out of here. .I couldn't exit fast enought..sorry ,,no buy for me, to much dialog and to easy even in hard mode. had 42 minutes left in demo and had to bail...

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Dec 17, 12 5:23 PM
Played the game with no problems. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to future games from this developer.

[Post New]by OliveRidley on Dec 18, 12 4:30 AM
I tried the demo for about twenty minutes then I had to shut down, I just found it too irritating. The music, the sound effects, most of the voices and especially Belle. Found her to be especially irritating.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 21, 12 5:01 PM
Interesting take on the Beauty and the Beast story. I did enjoy this game although it was a bit long due mostly to the enormous amount of moving around. The map was totally lacking even though it was a jump map. You had to know where you wanted to go to use it otherwise you had to use the hint button and a lot of clicking to help figure out what you were doing and where you were suppose to go. This was annoying.

The skip and hint refreshed very quickly which was good because the mini games were greatly lacking in good instructions...sometimes I didn't have a clue what I was suppose to do also, some were just plain tedious. A fast skip was a god send at times.

Voice overs and music were fine...I didn't feel I had to turn them off to play the game. HOS were of two different kinds and could be difficult with items quite small and hidden. I play casual so there were sparkles...glad for those sometimes though. I give this game a 4 out of 5 mostly because of the lousy map.

kdepp
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by kdepp on Dec 26, 12 11:37 AM
Not a fan of this one too many glitches starting to get a little frustrated with purchasing games, having to reload etc.

lindylu22
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by lindylu22 on Dec 27, 12 1:18 PM
Very nice game and graphics, but so much running back and forth from place to place. I found myself just hoping this game would soon end.

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Dec 28, 12 6:32 PM
I haven't been this pleasantly surprised about a game for a while now, the scenes are lovely, even entering an island with a waterfall was a surprise, entering a mansion with interesting going ons, and I haven't got to the beast's castle yet!

I have not finished this game yet, I have brought it, and its a gem.

Happy gaming everyone

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Dec 30, 12 12:44 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this wonderful game that in my opinion, is worthy enough to be a CE. It opened perfectly in widescreen and the graphics were just lovely! I never listen to music, so cannot comment on that aspect. The story line was interesting and there was so much to do!! I really like replaying a HOS, and was happy this game gave that to me.

I'm a little undecided on the map... even though it was a jump map (NICE!), towards the end there were dozens of places to jump to, and it got to be a little foggy on where I was to go. I prefer a map that has that icon that tells me that I have something to do in an area. All in all, I preferred having this map as opposed to having no map at all!

I really feel that purchasing a strategy guide is not necessary as the walk through from this forum site worked perfectly. I only used it once when I was missing one key element at the end of the game (could have kicked myself for not figuring it out on my own!) Yes, you have to leave the game to open up the walk through, but I just hit my Windows button and it leaves the game but does not close it. I then open another window, go to the forum and open the strategy guide. When I found what I needed, I hit the game icon in my bottom left task bar. I switched right back to where I left it. It's really very simple!

This game was so much fun and was such a long play that I must definitely recommend it!! This is absolutely on my "re-play on a rainy day" list!!

guppy68
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by guppy68 on Dec 31, 12 12:05 AM
i loved this game it was a great lentgh. The graphics were beautiful, and a romantic game without the morbid and dark themes is a great change.
Maybe it is my old age, but I love a happy ending to a romance..

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Dec 31, 12 1:28 AM
Wow this game was a pretty good non-collector's edition game! So many locations, the map was very helpful with the fast-travel.

Very beautiful graphics, fun puzzles and HO scenes (though a bit too much HO scenes) and a great fairytale story (twist on Belle and the Beast)

And I really liked the voice overs, some great acting there; very theatrical voices and great accents !

I was very glad with the hint button showing you were to go, because at the end there were so many locations you can become lost so easily!

Nice game

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 11, 13 7:22 AM
this seemed to be like the games that came out about 8 years ago, and to be frank are now quite boring

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Jan 11, 13 11:56 AM
I have only played the demo for this game and I know immediately I will purchase the full game!

The graphics are great!
Playing the game is fun!
The storyline is great, and I am looking forward to more!

I can't complain about anything in this game, its a complete game!

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Jan 17, 13 9:13 PM
The story is a good one ( beauty and the beast ) but the game feels dated to me. Can't put my finger on it, but it feels like a game from about 3 or 4 years ago. A little stilted in the game play and graphics. But that said, I AM enjoying the game and want to find out how it all ends.
Used a game credit to purchase, which probably affects how I feel about a game.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jan 18, 13 2:03 PM
What a surprise for an SE, you really get your moneys worth, it is long and I really enjoyed playing this love story, of Beauty and the Beast .

For an SE this had a ton of game play, and I think BT games did a great job, it was a FUN and well exicuted game IMHO.
The map was a little tricky, for me anyway, but the hint system made up for that, no need for a walkthrough, or guide, when you have a good hint system such as this.
Thanks developers, coming from someone who usually doesn't use hints, I needed them in this game, to figure out were to go next, on a few occasions .

I just loved the story, It kept me engaged, and wanting to know, what was going to happen next, and to have something a little different, was a breath of fresh air.
I LOVE spooky and magical games, but a good love story, was a welcomed change.
And even though the graphics didn't blow me away, I felt they suited this game, along with the music, it was just all very well tied together, and wrapped up, to make a FUN day, of game playing, so no complaints here.
Oh and the ending, well I just LOVED IT, IMHO for the price, you get a lot of game, so happy I purchased this one, and will play it again in the future .

MABJBMB
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by MABJBMB on Jan 29, 13 10:59 PM
Sorry, this is quite late beyond first offering on BF as a review. Just one serious problem. Th HO scenes are terrible. Foggy and obscure. Not fun. The developers used no imagination in hiding objects other than mono-toning colors on HO scenes. Couldn't get past that to follow story, which is the most important reason for buying.

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Feb 1, 13 3:18 PM
I didn't enjoy this game very much, mainly down to the map and lack of information. It is not an enjoyable journey when you have a task but have to revisit every place on your map to see if what you need is there. The map jump feature was great but without knowing if there was something available or a fruitless journey made it tedious for me.

Go to: