bestmommat
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

resolution not supported...

[Post New]by bestmommat on Dec 22, 12 7:45 AM
well ...

Have uninstalled, re-downloaded and again resolution not supported.

When will this problem be addressed?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

Re:Post any The Torment of Whitewall Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 22, 12 3:36 PM
Thanks for trying out those troubleshooting steps, bestmommat!

If you've already been in contact with Tech Support, I would definitely write back to let them know that uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn't help with the resolution not supported message. That way they can provide further troubleshooting steps that may help.

If you haven't already contact them, you can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Best of luck!

bfgIzara

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

Re:Post any The Torment of Whitewall Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Dec 22, 12 4:55 PM
I finally got to the victim's house, the one that got away, & I got an error access violation msg. - windows then closed the game. I was really enjoying this game. It really looks good, but now this. Sounds like there's quite an array of problems. I sure hop they get this fixed. I most likely would have bought this one to get a free one. But certainly not, if I can't play it. Oh well, them's the breaks. Hopefully they'll get it resolved. I know I have current updates. Plus there was no problem prior to this section of the game, so it surely isn't me.

magfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by magfan on Dec 23, 12 6:54 AM
I had the same thing happen as LuckyKK -- an access violation error message when I reached the victim's house, after which the game closed. When I restarted the game, it put me back to where my character met the guy who hired him. I was able to play a little further this time, though I haven't gotten inside the victim's house or spoken with her. I wonder if the game was trying to autosave at the time it had the access violation. I think this time I looked in the truck before trying to access the house, so maybe the order you do things in makes a difference. I'm using XP SP3, playing the demo.

seajay123
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by seajay123 on Dec 24, 12 5:49 PM
I am also having freezing issues. So far it has happened three times. The last two were after I got into town through the tunnel and just got to the broken pipe. My computer is up to date because I had just had a session with customer service about double curser in BFUnlimited and I sent in a Dr.Felix. The only thing they found wrong and hoped it would fix it was the graphic card had an update I couldn't find so they sent me the link. All else was fine. The update on the card didn't work either. I always make sure drivers on everything else is up to date.

[Post New]by amierakae_54 on Dec 25, 12 3:32 PM
I am having a problem with the handle for the hurdy gurdy not attaching. Then the SG window froze and I had to use the ESC button to get out of that window.

Same deal here with everybody else: everything on my computer is fully updated, I get regular updates from Microsoft all the time so when will BFG admit that the faults lie with their games, not our computers.

Dr Felix is just stalling tactics and I'll be darned if I want anyone to see what I have on my computer (it doesn't work on my Win 7 anyway so what does that tell you).

I was quite enjoying this game until this and after reading some of the comments here, mostly negative, I will change my mind about buying it.

I agree, it certainly is not worth a CE category.

magfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by magfan on Dec 25, 12 5:50 PM
magfan wrote:I had the same thing happen as LuckyKK -- an access violation error message when I reached the victim's house, after which the game closed...

Well, I went ahead and bought the game anyway (because of the sale) and had no more access violation errors. I didn't change drivers, reinstall the game, or make any other changes on my computer. It just had that one unstable location.

However, the bonus game had no background sound. The main game had background sounds. I'm not sure if it's that way for everyone. If you turned off the music, you'd hear background sounds in the main game, but the bonus game was silent.

amierakae_54 wrote:I am having a problem with the handle for the hurdy gurdy not attaching.

Are you sure you've got the right handle? You get a second handle later on.

... it certainly is not worth a CE category.

I agree. But on a half price sale I thought it was OK.

Edited on 12/25/2012 at 5:56:52 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 28, 12 6:57 AM
Hi Fishies,

The following help articles will be useful for those of you experiencing freezes or an access violation error message:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Access Violation

If you would like us to have a look at this with you though, we would be happy to do so. You can contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and one of our reps would be happy to assist you!

Hope this is helpful,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 12/28/2012 at 6:57:26 AM PST

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Dec 29, 12 4:48 PM
I'm with the rest of them. My game froze twice in one profile then I changed and it did the same thing. I uninstalled and reinstalled , started another profile and it is still freezing. My computer is all up to date and no problem with any other game for quite a while.

Will there be a fix?????

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 4, 13 3:51 AM
Hi bbelle,

As it sounds like you have already tried the suggestions offered for these performance issues, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

They will be glad to assist you and provide some more specific advice.

We are very limited as to the support we can offer via the Forums hence, that team will be glad to help you out. Also, they can also provide some alternative solutions such as replacing the game if you understandably, would prefer to play another.

I hope this information is helpful!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by chloeviki on Jan 7, 13 9:09 AM
In the HO scene in the wooden boat, the owl was not visible. I could see it in the strategy guide, but, it was not in the boat.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 9, 13 4:19 AM
Hi chloeviki,

I am sorry to hear that - may I suggest trying the hint button in case that points it out for you?

Failing that, the best thing to do is to uninstalling and reinstalling the game as that normally helps.

If the error persists after doing so though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 01/09/2013 at 4:20:27 AM PST

[Post New]by Vicki92123 on Nov 27, 13 2:14 PM
Hi,
Has anyone else had issues putting the rider on the horse?
The scene where you get the knife as the reward.

I've been on it all day, and EVERYTIME I line the rider up on the horse, it shoots back to the teapot spout.
What can I do?
I can't move on til I've sorted this out.

[Post New]by Vicki92123 on Nov 28, 13 2:18 AM
Having see the general answer is to uninstall and reinstall, I've done this.

I know have a problem in the batch the hammer will not straitened the nail - which is annoying as it worked before!

I'm playing on iPad.

[Post New]by Fizzxteacher on Nov 29, 13 4:05 AM
Having issues with the final scene in chapter 3. I have the diary, and the weird key. The hints lead to the safe but the safe won't zoom in. I have already given the diary to the wife and received the library key but evidently the last HOS scene won't trigger to give me the wrench.

Argh, so frustrated.

tkkak
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by tkkak on Nov 30, 13 6:37 PM
I on the find hidden items where you use the hammer to get the nail. Doesn't work. Please fix

[Post New]by LeashUnleashed on Dec 1, 13 9:57 PM
Fizzxteacher wrote:Having issues with the final scene in chapter 3. I have the diary, and the weird key. The hints lead to the safe but the safe won't zoom in. I have already given the diary to the wife and received the library key but evidently the last HOS scene won't trigger to give me the wrench.

Argh, so frustrated.

This. Same problem. It's doing my head in. No way in hell am I restarting from the beginning! Any ideas on when it will be fixed? On the iPad version.

[Post New]by mothra7 on Dec 2, 13 1:32 PM
The two key parts in Chapter 3 will not attach. Also, the Strategy Guide reverts back each time it's accessed. I'm playing the iPad version on my iPad, so I'm surprised to have problems with a BFG.

I've already un-installed and then re-installed it. Can you add anything?

Emily

[Post New]by Glowhapoy on Dec 2, 13 10:19 PM
Having the same issue as Fizz and Leash, HOS for wrench won't trigger and safe wont zoom in where "hint" leads.

ke511
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by ke511 on Dec 6, 13 12:22 PM
Fizzxteacher wrote:Having issues with the final scene in chapter 3. I have the diary, and the weird key. The hints lead to the safe but the safe won't zoom in. I have already given the diary to the wife and received the library key but evidently the last HOS scene won't trigger to give me the wrench.

Argh, so frustrated.

Same here! And the hint button just keeps taunting me...

Go to: