jlbaughn1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Post any Reality Show: Fatal Shot Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by jlbaughn1 on Dec 20, 12 8:28 AM
I had absolutely no problem downloading this game. I have a new computer with tons of memory, updated drivers and a dedicated graphics card. It is absolutely not BFG or the game, it is your outdated computer. Have Dr. Felix do a diagnostic and they can tell you right up front what needs to be upgraded in your computer. I did this and found out my old computer just didn't have near the speed and capacity for these state of the art games.

Edited on 12/20/2012 at 8:28:51 AM PST

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

Re:Post any Reality Show: Fatal Shot Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 20, 12 9:58 AM
Hey there Fishies,

Sorry to hear about those issues in the game!

If you're experiencing crashes or the game is running slowly, I would definitely recommend checking here for some helpful tips and tricks.

If you'd prefer some additional help or if those steps don't help please contact Tech Support. They're wonderful, and will do everything they can to help with those issues!

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

Hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

Edited on 12/20/2012 at 9:59:10 AM PST

Annie1115
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Annie1115 on Dec 20, 12 11:54 AM
As soon as I click on the door to leave the office I'm booted out. No error message just given the old heave ho and then nothing....Any suggestions?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 20, 12 1:13 PM
Hi Annie1115,

That sounds like a kind of game crash.

With that sort of issue, the first thing we suggest is checking for updates to your video card and graphics drivers. You can read about how to do that in our help article here.

If you try that and the game is still booting you out, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be going on. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by juttawalker on Dec 20, 12 2:21 PM
Hi,i have no problems whit the download,but get after 10min. play a error and now the game is freezing by the shooting game
i like the game but it is not playing

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 20, 12 2:40 PM
Hi juttawalker,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with this game too!

Your issue sounds a lot like the one I was just talking about in my post above. When games freeze that way, checking for updates to the display aspects of your computer can help. We go over how to do that in the help article below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you try that and are still not able to get past the shooting game, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to really delve into the issue and will work with you to get things resolved. We go over how to contact them in our post here.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 20, 12 4:24 PM
Mr_Russ wrote:I'm in the UK. Early is better since we're ahead of the US.

Well out of curiosity I downloaded a smallish game (112mb) at 12.15am (this morning). My on-screen 'dashboard' shows me the exact speed I'm getting; it was even faster than usual and finished the d/l in just over a minute!

So maybe it is simply because the servers are very busy at around 9am UK time. In future I will leave trying demos until late at night!

fabes
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by fabes on Dec 20, 12 4:29 PM
Bought the game without trying it out big mistake. I am also having a freezing issue at shooting game. My computer is up to date I wish BFG would get all the glitches out of these games before we give them our money. Why the heck should we have to download and uninstall and re install to get games to work. Let me know when game gets fixed. Unhappy customer.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 20, 12 4:46 PM
jlbaughn1 wrote:I had absolutely no problem downloading this game. I have a new computer with tons of memory, updated drivers and a dedicated graphics card. It is absolutely not BFG or the game, it is your outdated computer. Have Dr. Felix do a diagnostic and they can tell you right up front what needs to be upgraded in your computer. I did this and found out my old computer just didn't have near the speed and capacity for these state of the art games.

Really? My 'outdated' computer is 3 years old, has over 300gb of free space available and is perfectly capable of downloading demos within about 5 minutes. I use mobile broadband; the dongle utilises HSPA+, one of the fastest downloads available for this type of device. I use Vista which runs flawlessly. I have a dedicated graphics card and the drivers are updated.

Aside from adding more memory if it was necessary (and I have been told it isn't), there is nothing that needs upgrading. And this issue has only recently started.

Since you know nothing about my computer, kindly do not presume that it is outdated or that you know what the issue is. My 'old computer' has someone looking after it that actually knows what they're talking about, thank you very much.

ETA: Since both Nomatt and Mr Russ also mentioned the slow downloads, it wasn't just me that had this issue. Or perhaps their computers are outdated too.

Edited on 12/20/2012 at 4:50:49 PM PST

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Dec 20, 12 6:06 PM
Well yet another ERS game that I CANNOT play because it shuts my computer down ten minutes into the game. Shuts my entire hard drive down!! This happened with the Haunted Legends undertaker game and I thought maybe it was just that particular game but it appears to be something with this company's programming. I have bought about 5 games since then, all which run fine. I downloaded the Reality show game to try tonight and...bam!...ten minutes into the game my enitre hard drive shuts down. I tried going the CS route after the undertaker game with no luck; we were never able to figure out what the problem was. So I guess I won't be buying any more ERS games, which is a shame. Because they are really good games. But apparently whatever programming they are using doesn't like my computer lol.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Dec 21, 12 2:16 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing performance issues - we really want to help you enjoy your game!

As you have already checked for updates, I would encourage you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team, attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report.

This will allow them to make specific suggestions and provide a much more personalized response than we can provide via the Forums.

I am sure they will get to the bottom of this for you!

bfgBaikal

Poutysmurf
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Poutysmurf on Dec 21, 12 7:30 AM
When I first played the game my computer would crash and I got the blue screen as well. I followed the instructions that Big Fish gives us to repair the problems. I was able to get further into the game but now it crashes constantly at the cannonball scene.

I hope this can be fixed because I really like this game so far.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 21, 12 2:38 PM
I really appreciate you trying out those instructions, Poutysmurf, and since the game continues to crash please be sure to contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. Not only will they provide some specific steps to help with the game, but they'll collect that information for the developer in case there's a need of a fix.

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

Hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

Cannonball scene

[Post New]by LadyDi202 on Dec 21, 12 4:06 PM
I had no problems downloading or playing the game until I got to the cannonball scene. As others have mentioned before me, the game freezes. I have to End Task and restart the game, only to have it do the same thing again numerous times.
I went through it this morning and thinking that maybe I had just hit a rough spot, I left the game alone. I came back to it again this evening and it's still doing the same thing.
There is definitely a problem with the cannonball scene.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 22, 12 12:27 PM
Welcome to the Pond, LadyDi202!

Since the cannonball scene continues to freeze, if you haven't already please go ahead and contact Tech Support. They'll work with you directly to help fix those issues, as well as collect that information to send over to the developer.

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

fabes
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by fabes on Dec 22, 12 7:20 PM
This is an ERS issue. I only seem to have problems with ERS games. I play far more technical games on my computer then this and have no issues what so ever. This is the second ERS game that i have freezing at the excact same place ie cannonball game. I am not doing anything, i already did everything from the last time it happened.Just let me know when problem is solved or refund me.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Dec 23, 12 9:56 AM
Well, although this game is fairly interesting, I first had to go to system cursor before I could do anything, because the custom cursor was so sluggish. Then, in contrast to my suddenly fast cursor, the game itself was very sluggish -- I sat and watched an envelope being opened with an exacto knife, and thought if only I could reach into my screen and use my nails, surely it would be faster. Soooooo slow. Every time anything resolves from one thing into another, objects, scenes, it doesn't matter -- it takes a long time. I exited at the point the detective met up with his/her motorcycle and the disgusting alley (why is every game set in seriously decrepit circumstances?). Downloaded in a reasonable time, no freezes, but ultimately far too glitchy to buy.

jkjmd03
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by jkjmd03 on Dec 26, 12 5:39 AM
Well, yet another BFG screwup! I am really getting tired of paying for a system that over half of the time does not work.

Why oh why can you guys not work out the problems with these games before unleashing them with all of their issues on your loyal fans?

I am beginning to reevaluate my loyalty to this site as there are many others that do not have these technical issues so often.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

A Tech Problem That Has Nothing to do w/DL

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Dec 26, 12 3:38 PM
I have downloaded the game perfectly and played without incident.

Until there was an incident.

With the elevator thing, I can push only the floor numbers, cannot push any of the names, and although I have a "Hand" symbol on the lever, I cannot pull it in any direction, up or down.

Can someone give me some insight into what is happening here?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Dec 27, 12 12:08 PM
Hey Fishies,

Thanks for posting about these issues! If you haven't already I would definitely recommend contacting Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. That way they'll be able to work with you directly on some options for the game, and also collect more information to send to the developer to help.

ChocPeng: Is it possible that another task has to be completed before pulling the lever? I would check the in-game strategy guide first just to double check and complete any other task.

Thanks and I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

Go to: