bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 2, 13 6:01 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm really sorry to see that so many of you are having problems with the game.

If you find your game freezing it could be that some of the drivers on your computer could do with a little update. You can find all the steps on how to get your system up-to-date here. This could also help if some of the elements in the game just don't want to work right!

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by lundgraph on Jan 3, 13 2:59 PM
Same issue here. At the prison, the game won't let me PLACE the drawing with the Fan, where the little blinky light on the wall is, where the hint indicates to do so. STUCK

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 4, 13 3:26 AM
I'm so sorry you are having this trouble lundgraph.

It might be a good idea to consult the Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Walkthrough to make sure that no other tasks need to be completed first, as sometimes, tasks need to be tackled in a certain order.

Failing that, you could also try uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps, as this will ensure the game files are loaded and running correctly.

That being said, if the problems persist and you would like some dedicated support on this, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and they will be happy to help!

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by cloud_99_ on Jan 8, 13 11:42 PM
Having issues with no cursor in the Dr's office pinboard. Have played game through twice as well as uninstalled/reinstalled game. Help please - getting frustrating

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 9, 13 3:24 AM
Hi cloud_99_,

Welcome to the Pond!

I am sorry you have run into this difficulty and will be glad to provide some help!

I would suggest having a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game, including the cursor:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

This can help the game to run more smoothly and hopefully will make the cursor more responsive.

If those steps don't help or you would like use to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

I hope this helps,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 01/09/2013 at 3:24:50 AM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 11, 13 4:07 PM
cloud_99_ wrote:Having issues with no cursor in the Dr's office pinboard. Have played game through twice as well as uninstalled/reinstalled game. Help please - getting frustrating

For those who have lost the cursor at the cork board, this post was in the tech issues thread in the CE forum...

Ghostkitty wrote:Hey Fishes ,
For everyone who's having a problem with their cursor and the corkboard...I found a post that suggested
click on the board with your knife

...then click on the envelope...the knife will drop from your cursor and you'll be able to continue...This worked for me

Might as well give it a shot.....
Let us know if it works for you!!

[Post New]by cloud_99_ on Jan 11, 13 9:53 PM
thank you will give it a go... hope it fixes it

[Post New]by tha_schmidt on Jan 14, 13 9:27 PM
I am in the same situation that genfool32 is in. I have gained access to the envelope on the bulletin board, but at that point the game is stuck. The walkthrough indicates I should be recieving a call on the radio but it never comes through. Has anyone heard what we need to do next or if there is a patch or something.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 15, 13 1:03 PM
Hi tha_schmidt and welcome to the Forums,

I think Cassandra would have been calling you to ask you to come back to her Motel room to receive some more drawings. So I'd try going back there to talk to her and see if that gets the game back on track.

If she doesn't give you new drawings when you go back and see her, or if the game isn't moving on at all, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be going on. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by gootwo on Feb 2, 13 6:15 PM
Clicking on the bulletin board in the Coroner's office with the knife in hand fixed the cursor issue for me, but then I was entirely unable to progress from there - nothing from Cassandra in the motel, no HOS in the Coroner's surgery; nada. I uninstalled and reinstalled, updated my drivers; nothing. I have raised a support ticket, and will post if there is any resolution or if a patch for this well-documented issue has been made available.

Edited on 02/02/2013 at 6:17:59 PM PST

KDlala
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by KDlala on Feb 24, 13 6:27 AM
gootwo wrote:Clicking on the bulletin board in the Coroner's office with the knife in hand fixed the cursor issue for me, but then I was entirely unable to progress from there - nothing from Cassandra in the motel, no HOS in the Coroner's surgery; nada. I uninstalled and reinstalled, updated my drivers; nothing. I have raised a support ticket, and will post if there is any resolution or if a patch for this well-documented issue has been made available.

Just to add another two cents, I've had this exact same problem in the train tunnel. Clicking an object on it brings up the cursor but the game does not credit you as having read it, so I can't continue, which is terribly frustrating considering I'm close to the end of the game. I haven't had this problem with anything else in the game except this, uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work, and neither does changing the cursor.

[Post New]by lost_me on Apr 2, 13 1:52 PM
KDlala wrote:
gootwo wrote:Clicking on the bulletin board in the Coroner's office with the knife in hand fixed the cursor issue for me, but then I was entirely unable to progress from there - nothing from Cassandra in the motel, no HOS in the Coroner's surgery; nada. I uninstalled and reinstalled, updated my drivers; nothing. I have raised a support ticket, and will post if there is any resolution or if a patch for this well-documented issue has been made available.

Just to add another two cents, I've had this exact same problem in the train tunnel. Clicking an object on it brings up the cursor but the game does not credit you as having read it, so I can't continue, which is terribly frustrating considering I'm close to the end of the game. I haven't had this problem with anything else in the game except this, uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work, and neither does changing the cursor.

I know I'm a late poster, but was a solution to this ever found?
I'm stuck in the train tunnel. If I click on the wall without an item my cursor disappears and the game freezes. If I click with an object the game does not credit me the progess and I get stuck.
Any suggestions?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 2, 13 2:27 PM
Hi lost_me and KDlala,

Welcome to the Pond, and I'm sorry to hear that. If you've tried those recommendations already, I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team.

They can take a closer look at the problem and hopefully get you back to gaming soon!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by kerryleelee on Apr 2, 13 7:59 PM
Im nearing the end of the game....I get to the train tunnel ... a screen opens up on the wall...and my curser dissapears...all the sounds keep playing...but I cant go further!! very frustrating...!! any help??

Edited on 04/02/2013 at 9:02:47 PM PST

[Post New]by kerryleelee on Apr 3, 13 12:42 PM
ok...as per above question on curser freezing near the end of the game in the tunnel...got my husband onto it.. ...and the simple solution is update the adobe flash player to latest version...and yay now the game is working!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 3, 13 1:53 PM
Hey kerryleelee,

I'm glad to hear you worked that out! Hopefully you enjoyed the rest of the game. If you notice any other problems, please let our Tech Support Team know and they'll be happy to help.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by ladyphelps on Aug 21, 13 12:45 PM
im having the same problem in the coroners office. i used the object in hand trick but now im stuck on the pic of the sheriffs truck and it wont let me examine any of the bulletin board and the game does not recognize that i have seen the information even though it is in my book. I am super frustrated by this

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 24, 13 9:34 PM
ladyphelps wrote:im having the same problem in the coroners office. i used the object in hand trick but now im stuck on the pic of the sheriffs truck and it wont let me examine any of the bulletin board and the game does not recognize that i have seen the information even though it is in my book. I am super frustrated by this

Hi ladyphelps! Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry you're having this trouble and I understand your frustration! Your best bet is probably to go ahead and get in touch with tech support, hopefully they can get this sorted out for you! bfgSeine has a blue link for tech support in the yellow post right above yours. Good luck!

[Post New]by jayneplatt10 on Sep 1, 13 5:21 PM
WilJul wrote:
ladyphelps wrote:im having the same problem in the coroners office. i used the object in hand trick but now im stuck on the pic of the sheriffs truck and it wont let me examine any of the bulletin board and the game does not recognize that i have seen the information even though it is in my book. I am super frustrated by this

Hi ladyphelps! Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry you're having this trouble and I understand your frustration! Your best bet is probably to go ahead and get in touch with tech support, hopefully they can get this sorted out for you! bfgSeine has a blue link for tech support in the yellow post right above yours. Good luck!

Hi did you ever solve this problem as I'm stuck in the same place now. I've updated my system and used the knife to get the bobby pin, but now I can't go any further.

[Post New]by Aquarius84 on Oct 11, 13 8:28 PM
kerryleelee wrote:ok...as per above question on curser freezing near the end of the game in the tunnel...got my husband onto it.. ...and the simple solution is update the adobe flash player to latest version...and yay now the game is working!

Thank you!! This finally worked for me!! I was able to finish the game

Go to: