dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Missing: Island of Lost Ships

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 29, 12 2:18 PM
Well, I guess I'm one of the few with my review. The game has very nice graphics and game play, easy games and the HOGs are a bit junky. Music okay.

The game moved a bit too slow for me and seemed fairly simple. More for the beginner. It was cute, but not challenging enough for me to purchase. Being female though, I may change my mind when I have nothing better to do with my day.

As always, try it for yourself. We all have different tastes in games and you may find it quite enjoyable. Thanks for the reviews.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Dec 29, 12 3:21 PM
Actually, I am not sure exactly what I do think about this game. At first, ok, good, this is going to be fun.....and then, the puzzles. I didn't get the flag thing at all, or the octupus one. So. I don't know.

I have two punches to go to fill my card so I may have to use this one. A lot of you fishies have indicated you like the game and like cbtx said, I can use it to finish a punch card. Last month, I lost my card when I didn't finish the last punch so I will difinitely be more careful this time.

Valdy's reviews are always valuable, also, so I will probably take the plunge. Thanks, Guys, as always!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Edited on 12/29/2012 at 3:22:44 PM PST

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Dec 29, 12 6:02 PM
Apparently, you either hate this game or you love it. I for one love it. I hope to see Herbert again in the future, he is so funny. This game is better than some I have paid CE prices for. TY for a great game BF, and kudos to the devs also.

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Dec 29, 12 6:49 PM
I love this game ! Had to buy it (or use coupon) on it... was waiting for a good one to come out . The hint button refills quickly and points you in the right direction if you get stuck somewhere... some are saying the graphics are grainy , not on my computer , they are clear and crisp. I'm a puzzle person more than hos, so I really liked the puzzles they were not too easy and not too difficult to figure out I am off to finish the game ! Happy New Year Fishies Happy gaming to all !

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Dec 29, 12 10:08 PM
HMMM, from reading these reviews it sounds like some of us are playing a different game.

I am one who's loving it!

My graphics are not grainy, they fill my 23" Widescreen beautifully and I am having no trouble reading the blue text.
As someone said different screens, glasses, etc. maybe make a difference!

Lots to see and lots of things to do topped off by a map that "jumps"!

I love the humor and fun in this game, and also hope to see Herbert again!

And, I really really like the music.

Definite purchase for me at Midnight on the 31st BFG time!
Or sooner if the CE falls short for some reason tomorrow!

As always, do try it yourself and make up your own mind!

Happy Gaming All!
BK

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Dec 30, 12 12:06 AM
After such mixed reviews, I was pleasantly surprised by this game!

The graphics are very clear. HOS have a bit of interaction on a few items. There are 3 difficulty levels. I chose the middle option where active areas not indicated. In that middle mode, the Skip and Hint buttons still filled quickly enough to suit me. Also, the Hint button points you in the right direction outside of HOS.

The bad guys are delightfully creepy. As to the helpful guy on the dock, we'll have to see about that. I once saw a movie about a ferryman who also seemed very helpful, but then.....

Anyway, it's a buy for me.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Dec 30, 12 12:31 AM
This is a "happy" game with great characters and a good Sci Fy feel to it. Give it a try! those hour trials are so worth the effort. It took about 10 minutes for the decision on this one, and I have several unused game credits burning a hole in my pockets. Time to spend one!

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Dec 30, 12 12:34 AM
LuvDemGames wrote:Apparently, you either hate this game or you love it. I for one love it. I hope to see Herbert again in the future, he is so funny. This game is better than some I have paid CE prices for. TY for a great game BF, and kudos to the devs also.
You are so right! The reviews are all over the charts on this one, and I am one of the people who find the game so much fun, fun, fun, Interesting how our tastes can all be so different, huh.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Dec 30, 12 3:50 AM
2nd series of "The Missing" and its just as GOOD, maybe better, in terms of 3d renderings of characters to make it live like, good scenery and easy to mid-difficult mini puzzles, I skip the one of the flag, just cant figure out what the game wanted. I thought 2+4=6 thus placed the flag at 6 position according to the flag diagram found in one of the rooms.

Easy to follow on game, a bit of walking back and forth, still lots to play with and fun and easy game. Hints are decent but I played the casual mode.

BUY

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 30, 12 7:32 AM
Well, I couldn't even make it through the demo; got terribly bored and the game was very slow. Nice graphics, however there were too many cut scenes for me and the voice overs annoying. Not really sure where everything was suppose to be going. HOS took too much time to play and the one mini game I encountered was tedious. Not for me, I need a game to move along a bit faster with a bit more action.

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Dec 30, 12 10:03 AM
Suprise! I usually agree with CBTX but not this time. I really enjoyed this game. The graphics were very clear on my screen, even the HOS. I enjoyed the characters, the story and game play. Puzzles are good, some are different, others are familiar but still nice. Hint works well even outside of HOS. There is also a good bit of humor here.
Little bit of a different story, so try it for yourself. Took me about 31/2 hours, which I think of as decent length.

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Dec 30, 12 8:24 PM
I was surprised how well I loved the game. Some of the music was so pretty and restfull I just wanted to stop and listen to it but on a demo you can't. I will be getting the game.

No problem at all finding the objects in HOS, never had to use a hint to find them and no problem with objects being grainy.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Dec 30, 12 8:32 PM
I'm so tired of HOG's that even though the graphics are outstanding, I'm not sure I want to buy it. Now if it were an FHOG or one of those of types I might buy it, but just now sure. And was on the phone and forgot I left the screen open so didn't get to play for very long.

AirCoco
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by AirCoco on Dec 30, 12 8:41 PM
Not a review per se so excuse my comment here: I am SO SHOCKED to see a patch of actual bright sunlight in a game (the 2nd screen shot shown under the game). My brain wondered if they forgot to fill something in until I saw it was SUN. So many many many gloomy dark, rainy dreary games I am quite tired of them. Maybe in 2013 the devs will bring us some bright, creative ones....no car crashes in the rain at the gate looking for a dead relative's ghost so you can open trunks. It is a huge world out there, and its strange when merely the sight of SUN lends such a new feature to a screen shot!

happy new year to every body!!!!!

mrssharon
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Not Up to Snuff

[Post New]by mrssharon on Dec 31, 12 2:26 PM
I don't feel this is a very interesting game. No excitement, no sense of urgency to save your "friend" who just happens to want an ancient artifact that probably doesn't rightfully belong to him. The puzzles were quite easy and the HOS were just okay. I did feel the graphics were nice and the music was suitable, but those two things don't make up for the lack of pizzazz. This was a slow moving game and not for me.

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Jan 1, 13 12:38 AM
Interesting game and characters, however the integration of the characters
into the scenes isn't smooth, they tend to jump like bad editing.
Storyline is interesting enough, as are the tasks we are asked to perform.
I'm pretty far into the game now however, and have found a Glitch which I reported.
Hope they can help me resolve it as I'm looking forward to finishing it,
and do enjoy the Challenge.
the kat
=^,,^=

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jan 2, 13 2:54 PM
I wasn't sure what to expect after all the mixed reviews, really from love to almost hate it! I didn't love or hate it. I did enjoy the story, although rescuing a loved one, relative, friend, pastor, butcher, etc. is getting a bid old (!!) Ofcourse WAY TOO MANY HOS, especially about 3/4 of the way through. Its like the devs can't think of anymore action, so throw in a HOS to take up time. Very, very tedious. I didn't have a hard time with the mini-games except for the flag game, as lym_1609 said. Just couldn't figure out what they wanted there. Also, I really did dislike intensely (!) ALL the voice overs. Yuchh! Every single one made me cringe, especially the bar maid - yes you Ducky!! (try and imagine a Cockney accent!) and the side-kick, what's his name. Other than that, I thought it a very pleasant way to spend a few hours.

feenix

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jan 3, 13 12:32 PM
I finished the game and although it was a bit short (about 4.5 hours) I enjoyed it quite a bit. The graphics were beautiful and imaginative - almost MYST-like in a few scenes), clear and detailed - and the map was interactive for a change, and very easy to use. Like so many other fishies, I liked Herbert and would like to meet him again.

The voice acting was above average and sounded like real people in real situations, except for the villain who was sinfully overacted and silly. The music was lovely although it repeated without mercy.

I enjoyed most of the puzzles as they were a challenge but not unsolveable in most cases. Some didn't have a reset button which was a pain but I persisted.

The HO scenes were bright and fair for the most part with some interactive objects.

My usual beef was the abrupt non-ending. There doesn't seem to be a CE of this game so no further chapter to explain what may have happened next. Sequel anyone?

dachsH
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by dachsH on Jan 3, 13 10:58 PM
Guys, this is a fantastic game ) Everything is so perfectly done: graphics, music, voice-overs and HOS. The story grabs you from the start and the humor won’t leave you indifferent.
I suggest you go for it, it is worth every minute.

123train
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by 123train on Jan 4, 13 1:28 AM
I absolutely LOVE this game - 10 out of 10

Go to: