Game of the year?

STL531
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

Re:Game of the year?

[Post New]by STL531 on Dec 30, 12 9:52 AM
Even if first seven day sales are an appropriate way to pick the top games of the year (which I think they are not... especially if there is a category for a "sleeper hit"), the part that irks me is the caveat that states, "How games are classified is determined by the site editor. Many games cross several genres and award categories." So ultimately it was the site's decision to put their own game in the category of "Game of the Year" rather than, say, more appropriately in the category of "Most Anticipated Game." Like many other posters, when I saw MCF: Shadow Lake listed as game of the year, it made the whole list meaningless for me. The game was a major let down for those of us who have been playing the games in the series from the beginning, and I think even without those lofty expectations it would have only seemed a mediocre game. Stars/customer voting would be a much more legitimate system. That said, Big Fish does already have a way to see the top-rated games based on customer feedback/stars whenever you want, and I do frequently make purchases after browsing that list.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Dec 30, 12 9:55 AM
Excellent Question,cdnmsmom!

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Dec 31, 12 11:14 AM
Maybe they left out three words or four, on this, like, "One of the Worst Games of the Year"?? What has happened to BF this past year or so??

Edited on 12/31/2012 at 11:15:45 AM PST

coffelady
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by coffelady on Dec 31, 12 5:21 PM
I have to agree, worst game i ever played, wish i could get my money back!!!!! they better go back to drawing boards on there games, they are getting worse.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 1, 13 12:32 AM
Seriously, Big Fish, how very disappointing. You truly have been my most trusted game site, but this whole rating system puts that to the test. For shame!!!! *finger waggle*

CeeJayEss
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by CeeJayEss on Jan 2, 13 2:17 PM
Blimey... so many naysayers on this site.. To be honest I loved this game. I have bought and played almost every HOG ever released and I have played some real stinkers over the years so I am a little perplexed when I read some reviews quoting this as the worst game ever. MCF have come a long way since Huntsville and they are to be commended for continually trying to innovate and improve and I would suggest a few of the posters need to go and revisit some of the older HOG's to see just how far this genre has come over the years and to note how MCF has been a front-runner in bringing about the improvements that this genre has seen.

Is it game of the year? That's a difficult one to answer, one man's meat is another man's poison as they say.. so there will always be disputes as to which is the best of anything. I enjoyed playing it and at the end of the day that is all I require of a game.

Don't get me wrong, this game does have a few issues that annoys such as having to continually go and pick up that damned ladder and cart it all over the place... but on the whole it was a fun game to play.. not the best perhaps but certainly not the worst game of its type by any means..

shadowsong
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by shadowsong on Jan 4, 13 9:44 PM
CJ, I agree with you. I have played some real stinkers and this game is not that. Big Fish, please find a customer rated system (I wish you had something like Netflix to rate and recommend games) for your next game awards page.

Over all, not the best game, but definitely not the worst game by a long shot. I was entertained, and like you, CJ, that is what I'm looking for in a game.

jurac
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by jurac on Jan 12, 13 1:25 PM
I have to say this, this game sucks and is not that long for the money, I went back and purchased MCF Madame Fate which I had previously. I think it is one of the best. I enjoyed Dire Grove but 13th Skull and this one makes me not want to purchase MCF again.

This being Game of the year makes me not want to purchase any more games this year.

Go to: