Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Dec 30, 12 1:18 PM
I was in the middle of playing the demo and couldn't get out of the game...clicked on menu several times and it wouldn't respond. Ended up having to do a ctrl.alt.delete to get out of the game. I was very much enjoying it up to that point and planned on buying it at the first of the month. Will try to uninstall and reinstall to see if that works I guess.

Re:Post any Nightmare Realm: In the End... Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by NancySusan on Dec 30, 12 2:08 PM
Wow, the nightmare with this game was, unfortunately, the gameplay, which is sad, since I own the original game and wanted to get the second one as well. I downloaded the demo and, while it took a bit longer than it might to download (I have an old Gateway with SP), it wasn't seriously unreasonable. When I entered the house for the first time and then decided to back up to check out the garden one more time, I got an error reading and was kicked out of the game. I deleted it and re-downloaded; it took much less time to load, and the game seemed fine, although slow in the living room scene, but when I went back into the hall to access the diary to get the clip I had overlooked the first time, the game froze and I couldn't get out of it -- cntl-alt-del didn't work and I finally had to turn off my computer and reboot. Later I returned to the game, and found that all on its own, it had re-set to black bars. I used aspect ratio to resize, which worked, but at exactly the same place as before, when I clicked on the table, a large black box came up with some kind of weird cross-hatch effect, then not only did the game freeze, it literally caused my computer to close down and reboot, without my doing anything. I also noticed that the games manager never caught up with my gameplay and continued showing that I had only played the 5 minutes from the first time, instead of the 10 or 15 additional minutes. I had some troubles with freezing in the first game, but I was able to get through it fine, but this one is a real problem. Definitely no buy for me and I wonder what's going on.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 30, 12 4:08 PM
sitecer wrote:Here we go again. Almost finished the main game and run into a glitch. I am in the Archives and the Archivest was supposed to give me a little mailman, it didn't. Now I am once again stuck with something that should happen and doesn't. I really DO NOT want to restart this game is there any chance that there will be a patch???

Hi sitecer,

With the kind of specific issue you describe, we will need to collect information about what's going on to help us figure out what's happening and how best to get it addressed. If you haven't already done so, please run a Dr. Felix Report for the game and send it in the our Tech Support Team using the Contact Us page.

Thank you!!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Dec 30, 12 4:11 PM
Hi Luckystar18 and NancySusan,

With the kind of crashing or freezing issues you both describe, our first suggestion is updating the video card and graphics drivers on your computer. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They have the tools to see how the game is running on your particular computer and can also see if this is a bigger issue with the game itself.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Dec 30, 12 5:01 PM
Luckystar18 wrote:I was in the middle of playing the demo and couldn't get out of the game...clicked on menu several times and it wouldn't respond. Ended up having to do a ctrl.alt.delete to get out of the game.

Same for me, plus the game ran extremely slowly. A no-buy for me.

Edited on 12/30/2012 at 5:02:04 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Dec 31, 12 2:16 AM
Heya RenaissanceMom,

I'm sorry to see that you are experiencing these issues as well as the game being slow.

If you have tried all the suggestions here already I would recommend that you get in touch with our dedicated Tech Support Team. They'll be happy to have a look at everything for you.

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.
If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 31, 12 9:05 AM
For those of you having problems with the game not opening, this has happened to me several times, with different games, and it happens if your screen resolution is not set correctly, it will not open the game.
If you really want to try the game, before opening the game manager, set your screen resolution to 1024X768, than open game from the game manager.
Once the game opens, click on the options button, and click on aspect ratio, to put a check in its box, it should than open and fill your screen, and than you can play the game.

I have had so many games, that would not open, until I changed my screen size, so I hope this helps somebody, that really wants to try this AWESOME game, it is worth the effort IMHO.
Before I checked the aspect ratio button, in the options menue, and changed my screen resolution, I had my entire task bar on the bottom of the screen showing, in the game field, after doing those 2 steps, my game is now in full widescreen, and looks beautiful....YIPEE!!

Brenda519
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Brenda519 on Dec 31, 12 11:37 AM
I'm having two of the same problems - menu button won't work and no mailman or key.

pegrass1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by pegrass1 on Dec 31, 12 12:25 PM
I bought this game after playing the demo yesterday. It ran a little slow but otherwise I had no problems. I played about half the game. Today when I tried opening it. It would not open. I tried everything. So I uninstalled and reinstalled. Now I get error 809 when I try to open it. Nothing else is running., I have uninstalled ,restarted computer then reinstalled. Now it won't open on game manager. My other games open fine. Just this one will do NOTHING!!!

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Dec 31, 12 1:28 PM
Having all the same problems as mentioned in this thread. No opening, Black, Jittery,etc. Any chance of an update?

naomi4195
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by naomi4195 on Dec 31, 12 5:19 PM
Also have the problem with the archivist not giving the postman or the strange key. I am officially stuck!! Please help!!

[Post New]by jeannieroach on Jan 1, 13 8:01 AM
I still cannot play this game, I have loaded and unloaded it 5 times now and I see no end to this problem, none of the errors match what is showing on my screne.

pegrass1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by pegrass1 on Jan 1, 13 9:59 AM
Finally got the game open, Goes through the intro. Then when I click play, I get total black screen. I have to hit ctrl-alt/delete to get out. I have tried everything to play this game. Now I am getting teed-off. I want a refund!!

mollyroselee
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by mollyroselee on Jan 1, 13 12:08 PM
have downloaded this twice. will not open

fishter
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by fishter on Jan 1, 13 12:24 PM
I tried to play this game....beside it taking over an hour to down load....The game itself is running at a snails pace. I can not play a game like this. I would like my money back.
Thanks for your time.
Nancy

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Jan 1, 13 1:51 PM
For those, who have problems with the game not opening or lagging, l got a good tip from CS that worked for me in two other games.
You could still try to run the game in administrator mode.
Left click on your game icon at the desktop and then click run as administrator.
Both of my games were running without any issue.
Maybe it helps.

pegrass1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by pegrass1 on Jan 1, 13 4:46 PM
Tried that, tried all suggestions. Nothing works

Mibbles
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Mibbles on Jan 1, 13 6:49 PM
I have loved this game. It's different from many that I have played. BUT after I purchased the game, my HINT button quit working! Yes I do use the hint button when I get stuck. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but the HINT button still does not work. The cursor doesn't even turn into a 'pointer finger' when over it.

How do I fix this?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 2, 13 3:16 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm really sorry to see that so many of you are having problems with the game .

In cases where the game doesn't want to open or you see a black screen, it could be that some of the drivers on your computer could do with a small update. You can easily do this by following the steps here.

If you are having problems to progress in the game, a quick uninstall and reinstall of the game could help to solve this as it will ensure that all files are in their right place.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 01/02/2013 at 3:16:44 AM PST

[Post New]by Gracie540 on Jan 4, 13 1:32 PM
I have a pc and I have tried 4 times now to play this game.I have tried everything recommended it the help section.All 4 times the screen is just black.The sound is there and the curser but no game.Can you tell me what else I can try to do with this? I sure would appreciate any help you could provide.Thank you.

Go to: