emery419
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief

[Post New]by emery419 on Jan 23, 13 9:41 PM
I liked the game and will look forward to the next one. That being said, I hope the next one is longer. After the one-hour trial, I finished within about an hour and a half, with no skips. It's quite easy. I'm one that doesn't really like puzzles and mini-games, so having those easy was fine with me. I guess the short length was my main issue. I don't feel like I've gotten my money's worth until a game is at least 4, preferably 5 hours. Perhaps there were a few too many hidden object scenes, too.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Feb 4, 13 5:55 PM
I missed the ce version was a fun game just the right lenght for me. Had to skip some puzzles which I don't like to do, but other than that enjoyed it. hope they do more!

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Feb 6, 13 12:40 PM
I enjoyed this game, it certainly was worth a PCC. I like H0G, but this one had a little too many HOS for me. I would have appreciated a map too. The graphics were nice and clear and the music was OK. Enjoy the game everyone!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Mar 26, 13 7:22 AM
well the game might not be a CE game, it will be a SE game, we give it a 3 out of 5 stars.-----------doug & lisa.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 20, 13 4:02 AM
This game has some of the most beautifully detailed and clearly executed art I've seen in any game. That does not mean that the HOS scenes are easy. They most definitely are not, but even on my laptop screen, they're not impossible. Challenging would be an apt description. If you like searching for hidden objects as I do, waiting for your eyes to adjust and something to suddenly pop out, you will love these.

The hint system is directional (yea!), and the hint and skip buttons fill quickly enough that I don't get impatient waiting to skip the puzzles/ mini-games.

The voiceovers and cut scenes are well done -- good acting appropriate to the character -- and the cut scenes are short and work to advance the story.

I knew within just a few minutes of playing the demo that this game would be a buy for me, especially with the twofer sale.

Go to: