Re:Post any Fallen: The Flowers of Evil technical issues here only

[Post New]by alansmom07 on Jan 8, 13 6:06 PM
I am stuck in the hotel, and when I click the hint button it points to the stairs and it wont let me go there. I already have the pendant. What do I need to do?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 9, 13 2:55 AM
Hi alansmom07,

If that is the pendent that was on the desk in the hallway, you need to return to the main house and hang that around the Elizabeth's neck.

Just to let you know, you cannot climb the stairs in the hotel due to the fallen chandelier so I believe the hint is highlighting the medallion that is hanging from the chandelier, that you will need to cut off at a later date.

Youl will be able to access the upstairs though through the upstairs window as you progress through the game.

I really hope this helps but if you feel like you may be experiecing a tech issue, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and they will be glad to assist you!

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by alansmom07 on Jan 9, 13 6:52 AM
I have already put the pendant on Elizabeth. I am way past that. In my inventory now, I have, matches, the caged squirrel, room 13 key, the lamp handle, and two squares. But if I go back to the hotel where it leads me, I push the hint button and it highlights the stairs but I can't do anything.

lohio
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lohio on Jan 10, 13 2:32 PM
Move over groupies, I too have 1 rivet left and no way to get it out.
No help in sight I see.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 12, 13 5:33 AM
Hi alansmom07,

It sounds like you have the 'square chips' that are kind of bronze in colour?

If those are the ones you have, you do need to go upstairs in the hotel but the way to do that is through the upstairs window - you cannot go up the stairs.

To access that window, you need the grappling hook, made from the rope on the notice board at the dock and the hook from the chest you had to oil to open.

Those tiles are part of a mini games that will help you access room 13, upstairs.

lohio - you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

If not, creating a new player profile is another option, but please keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If neither of these tips help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 01/12/2013 at 5:33:46 AM PST

[Post New]by lidabu on Jan 12, 13 12:15 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I was able to get all of the rivets off, but haven't been able to do anything since. I am wondering if this isn't a buggy game, but so far it seems that only two of us are having problems at this point. But hints aren't helping, and I have spent over two hours trying everything...and nothing is moving on. If I can't get past this, and can't get help, I will be requesting a refund...but don't y'all know yet that I would just rather be able to finish the game?

PS Not my computer, lol!

[Post New]by Splinda0711 on Jan 13, 13 3:57 AM
Penguin29 wrote:Playing on PC. In the Lord's manor and am in the dining room. I had a drill which I was using to get the rivets off the knight's shield. I got three off and then the drill disappered. It's not in my inventory either. Now, I'm stuck. I still have 1 more rivet to get off. The hint buttong states nothing to do in every room.

Same thing happened to me!

[Post New]by darrenpaulson on Jan 13, 13 8:10 AM
lohio wrote:Move over groupies, I too have 1 rivet left and no way to get it out.
No help in sight I see.

As you've probably figured out by now, this is a bug in the game ... I got to this point as well, and my tool disappeared as soon as three rivets were removed. I eliminated the game and downloaded it once again, played as a different player, and the second time through, the game would not allow me to pick up the glass lamp cover from the stair case in the hotel.

Too bad - I was really enjoying the game, too. How do I go about getting my money back?

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 14, 13 1:39 AM
This is the second game I've (tried) to play recently, where almost at the end of the game, I'm unable to continue because I didn't perform actions in a specific way. In this game, I'm referring to the drill, which I used to remove the rivets in the shield but now no longer have and can't open the lock on the iron maiden.

I've enjoyed the game so far, but not enough to start all over again with a new profile. I'll try to uninstall and reinstall, but frankly, I don't expect that will help. It didn't help with the bug in The Curse of the Werewolves.

I did purchase this game on sale, but even sale price is too much to pay for 3/4 of a game.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 15, 13 3:04 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm really sorry that you are still experiencing problems with the drill .

Please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report as we are still working on getting this solved.

In the meantime, if you find yourself stuck at this point, you could try to start the game again with a new player profile. When you get the drill, make sure to use it on the rusty lock before taking care of the rivets. This way you should have no problems to proceed with the game.

Thank you for your patience and for being a great help by contacting us!

bfgBiwa

Ada_B
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Ada_B on Jan 23, 13 4:11 PM
I am not impressed that once again, a game has not been properly tested in development so it has a major bug i.e the drill disappears when you have only drilled three rivets in the shield.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not solve the problem. The problem is in the programming of the game. I play BFG games in order to relax and de-stress. I do not want to contact tech support every other week because once again, a game is not up to scratch. It's your problem, not mine!

Please, sort it out! Don't you ever beta test games to check they are OK before release? I'm sure there are plenty of casual gamers on here, with more time than me, who would be willing guinea pigs.

And please, when a bug is highlighted by customers, the same bug by endless customers, don't tell them all to re-install the game and then contact tech support - you should have enough information once a dozen people have contacted you about the same bug, in the same game. If you were selling any other product you'd know that maybe 10% of complaints are ever reported to a company.

You can do better than this BFG.

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Jan 24, 13 6:16 PM
I am stuck at the same point that alansmom07 was describing - the hint is rather insistently pointing at the stairwell in the hotel, but I've already used the "nippers" (what a weird name for that tool) to remove the medallion from the broken chandelier. I can't find the remaining part of the lantern to assemble it - I added oil and the wick, and I have the handle, but I can't find the glass to protect the flame. So I have no way to light the upstairs hallway, which means I can't do anything when I climb through the window. Help?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 25, 13 4:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

laurakay76 - you get the glass for the lantern from the glass chandelier, so that is why the hint is highlighting that item.

If you zoom into it, I believe the glass in hanging off one of the golden outshoots?

Ada_B - thanks for bringing that up - I definitely see where you are coming from.

While we can offer some support via the Forums, it is only ever very basic troubleshooting and is designed to eliminate the most common causes of the reported issues. We do have to have a look at your set up to be more in depth and provide responsible suggestions.

Hence, the best way for us to get a sense of the issue and provide some specific support is to have you contact our Tech Support Team.

If you are having trouble with a few games, I would definitely encourage you to contact them and if you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

Finally, I will be sure to pass your feedback along for consideration.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Jan 27, 13 9:00 PM
But it isn't letting me click on the chandelier. If I click on the area where it's highlighting, nothing happens. It doesn't give me the option to take the glass.

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Jan 28, 13 9:47 AM
First problem I had is the drill...I love this game PLEASE..A quick fix! Thanx

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 29, 13 7:10 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by katefinney27 on Mar 16, 13 7:37 AM
Hi there. Playing on my iMac. Cannot even BEGIN the game. It "quits" before
it even starts!

I get a huge error message/explanation, much too long to post here.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled. Shut down, rebooted.

Nothing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kate

logbump
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by logbump on Mar 16, 13 9:53 AM
I can't open the game on my mac either.

riverdiver
Shark
Shark
11,426 Posts

[Post New]by riverdiver on Mar 16, 13 12:00 PM
The game tries to open, then quits. The former games of this dev, Secrets of the Sea: The Flying Dutchman and Ghost Towns: The Cats of Ulthar, played well on my iMac, OS 10.6.8, with an ATI Radeon X1600 graphics card.
This particular card is known to cause the described issue. This has been confirmed by Customer Service.

There is a thread in the Mac Gamers Forum:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/232841.page

katefinney27 and logbump, please check which graphics card you have on your Mac.
In the thread mentioned you find instructions how to do this, in case you don't know.

[Post New]by katefinney27 on Mar 16, 13 12:32 PM
Thanks so much, riverdiver. That link explained everything quite nicely, even
though I am a verified technophobe.

I do, in fact, have the evil card, unfortunately, and although I am still unable to
play the game (and several others), at least now I know why.

Go to: