Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fallen: The Flowers of Evil

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 3, 13 7:24 AM
Have now finished the game, and what a nice and interesting game this was.

The only thing I didn't care for, and that exhausts me to no end, was that quite often I stumbled over one HOS after another. I like HOS, but they have to be nicely spaced.

Other than that, liked the graphics, liked the gameplay, and enjoyed the game on the whole.

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Jan 3, 13 8:21 AM
Good midweek game brought straight away when free hour finished, as have a few codes to use up .

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Jan 3, 13 2:37 PM
I loved it. Was really a long game with lots to do and find. Had a jump map. No extras like morphing, etc. But enjoyed the story. Was definitely fun to play. I thought was challenging too.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 3, 13 5:27 PM
I enjoyed this game....interesting twist on the ole Vampire story to say the least. Crisp clear graphics. A lot of HOS which can be altered to another game if you wish. Mini games can be skipped quite rapidly if you care not to do them. Some are easy others just tedious.

Game moved along well and seemed to be be a good length. There is a map although awkward to get to since you have to open the journal first and then unflold it. It is a good jump map if you know where you want to go...it does not give you any clues to things that need to be done. I used the hint a lot to move around since where to go and what to do can be confusing at times. The hint refreshed quite quickly. There does seem to be some running around, but most the action is in the area you are currently opperating in.

Characters are still life cartoons, but voice overs aren't bad and there are several cut scenes that are short and informative. I usually turn off voice overs and skip cut scenes but this game handled them well. Music seemed to be OK since I didn't notice it.

I give this game a 4.5 out of 5. Good game.

[Post New]by KowboyKrazi on Jan 3, 13 5:44 PM
This was a surprisingly GOOD game. Really glad I played it, if you haven't, give it a go.

Edited on 01/03/2013 at 5:44:29 PM PST

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jan 3, 13 6:35 PM
I did not find the secret code you all wrote about, but who cares. It was worth every penny of BFG's $6.99. A great game for a rainy afternoon. Enjoyed every bit of it and would put it on one of BFG's best list! Thanks

mrssharon
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Pretty Bad

[Post New]by mrssharon on Jan 3, 13 9:30 PM
Aside from all the backtracking and been-there-done-that theme, the two biggest peeves of mine are: 1. having to visit a HOS more than once with all the same objects in place, and 2. finding objects that don't fit the era of the game setting. I recall seeing some very modern toenail clippers and pruning shears. Keep it consistent with the era, please!

The scenery was pleasing,nice color and the music wasn't objectionable. But because the storyline was SO not unique, I found the game very dull. Perhaps it livens up after the demo, but I'm not enticed to buy at any price.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Jan 4, 13 3:38 PM
Very nice game! Old story line, but many of them are nowadays. Cartoon like characters had nice crisp color, definitely old school though. Game opened automatically in widescreen, jump map was awesome, hint button recharged rapidly. This was a very long playing game (FOR ME), as I only played after work for 3 days.

I don't mind revisiting a HOS, but don't like when they restock the scene with the items I removed the last time I visited. I also don't like when they call things weird names... pliers are NOT tongs!! (there were several more instances that are just not coming to mind)

I really hate that when a level of play offers NO SPARKLES, it gives them to you anyway!!! Actually, in this game they weren't actual sparkles, but they served the same purpose. grr!!

All in all I really liked this game, and hope you will too!!

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jan 4, 13 4:59 PM
Good game, especially for an SE. Certainly glad I purchased it. There was a good voiceover, a great hint system and jolly good fun. Try it you;ll like it (Maybe)

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Jan 4, 13 10:12 PM
I quite enjoyed this game! The only complaint I have is (and there is usually at least one!!), when you use an object in your inventory, it takes SOOO LOOOONNNNGGG to do the action. I mean, it was like a half a minute to shovel three times in the dirt. Come on!! Other than that, I did like it - alot of HOS, which you could do the Pong thing instead. I personally preferred the Mah Jong game one of the devs offered in another game. Definetly a good length for an SE. I did have to use the Hint button quite a bit in certain places, as the map doesn't tell you where there is an action to take place, but it is always handy when you can use the map to jump. All in all, a good game.

feenix

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Jan 6, 13 11:08 AM
Would really have like to buy this game because I liked it, but since there's no walkthrough I'll have to pass. I got royally stuck early on. Apparently BFG doesn't pay any attention to the multiple posts about a walkthrough being needed.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Jan 7, 13 4:20 PM
kinget wrote:Would really have like to buy this game because I liked it, but since there's no walkthrough I'll have to pass. I got royally stuck early on. Apparently BFG doesn't pay any attention to the multiple posts about a walkthrough being needed.

A walkthrough was published on another site, just google it.

[Post New]by octoberapple on Jan 9, 13 6:12 AM
angelofmusic62 wrote: One of my pet peeves is the obnoxious noises some games include when you find an object. This one of quite annoying, and I had to turn the sound off. It wasn't a bad thing though, because I didn't care much for the music, and the voiceovers were not at all well done. I'm not sure what accent they were going for, but it sounded a mess, and totally overdone.

I have to agree with you on this point. Such a horrible noise, I was so disappointed. Guys, strongly advise trying first before making your decisions...

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jan 17, 13 5:09 AM
Just finished this game - played over multiple days. Looked forward to playing it a bit each day as time allowed.

Absolutely enjoyed it from start to finish. Hated to see it end. Refreshing since I don't feel that way about too many games these days. This is one I will definitely replay later on.

Looking forward to the next game from these devs.

Jorie

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Jan 24, 13 6:28 PM
I had a coupon to burn and this looked interesting, so I bought it without trying. I think this may have been a mistake on my part. So much running back and forth, it borders on the ridiculous. The story is a bit more dull than I had anticipated. The graphics are okay but nothing special. And currently I'm stuck; I went through the tech thread and I'm not the only one experiencing my problem. This is the second game I purchased recently from BFG (the other was Sable Maze: Sullivan River) that I've been unable to complete due to some sort of peculiar bug. I'm really, really disappointed; I've been a BFG customer for almost two years and until this month, I never had so much trouble with their games.

guppy68
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by guppy68 on Jan 27, 13 11:31 PM
I agree with Laura Kay, Much too much running back and forth and no new
scenes. Also finding things that you could not use until much later., and not finding things you need. Very boring story line and action or lack of

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Feb 4, 13 10:50 AM
A little miracle that I found this game !!!

- Voice overs

- Notebook

- Interactive map

- H0, you don't interact but you can swap them for puzzles

- Good mini games

- Good music that fits so well the story

- Good graphics

- Interesting story

Really glad I found this game, bought it straight away. People get bitten and strange plants are invading the town, you investigate. This SE is really worth a try and a buy, so seldom we get a good one. Really enjoying myself with it

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Feb 25, 13 5:27 PM
octoberapple wrote:
angelofmusic62 wrote: One of my pet peeves is the obnoxious noises some games include when you find an object. This one of quite annoying, and I had to turn the sound off. It wasn't a bad thing though, because I didn't care much for the music, and the voiceovers were not at all well done. I'm not sure what accent they were going for, but it sounded a mess, and totally overdone.

I have to agree with you on this point. Such a horrible noise, I was so disappointed. Guys, strongly advise trying first before making your decisions...

OMG - That noise they played when you found a HOS item was absolutely the worst! It drove me nuts - what were they thinking?!!

ETA: I finished the game and in spite of the hideous noise played when clicking on HOS items (and some very strange translations) this was a very good game overall and I would definitely recommend it.

Edited on 02/26/2013 at 2:47:19 PM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Mar 7, 13 7:09 AM
i did'nt notice any ":noises" but i did really enjoy this game!

[Post New]by MagiMagus on Mar 10, 13 3:50 PM
I loved this game. It was long, challenging,had good voice acting, and was well worth the money. Was wondering if any one knows what company made this game. I would love to play more by themm.

Go to: