fishter
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Stone Queen Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by fishter on Jan 4, 13 12:03 PM
After the first video scene which was skinny...I got the black bars on both side and bottom and there seemed to be some different picture in back of the scene picture.

Fearful of what lie ahead I won't be purchasing this game. And, it look like a good one.

Thanks for listening.

CinW
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Post any Grim Tales: The Stone Queen Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by CinW on Jan 4, 13 2:11 PM
rosir wrote: Wanted to thank this game creator for working on the tech problems that some of us with a particular video card experience. I believe it is unique to Mac users only. Although there are still some blank dialogue boxes and flickering animated scenes, the game is playable and perhaps more challenging which is fine with me. I have hated skipping Elephant games and have continued to try the free trial. Just wanted to post my appreciation for this latest.

Rosi

The problem is for MacBook users, and this game was no better for me at all. Still blank video at the beginning, can't see all the words, couldn't see when I typed my name at the beginning. I'm glad it seems to work better for you, but I don't think it's because Elephant actually made any changes.

CinW
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by CinW on Jan 4, 13 2:14 PM
Misstep wrote:Hi, I downloaded the game without any problems but when I open it up the opening video sequence is blank and words are missing. Graphics seem to be playing up. I'm on a mac and don't usually have problems with downloads.

Thanks

Are you playing on a MacBook? The last few releases from Elephant Games have all had this problem for those of us with the following graphics card -- Intel HD Graphics 3000/4000.

[Post New]by mkgriego on Jan 4, 13 2:49 PM
I am having all the same problems as the other Mac Users. I am using a 2wk old mac mini and I've updated all the drivers, deleted and reinstalled as well as started a new game and still the missing video, empty dialogue boxes and glitch graphics. It runs the Intel HD Graphics 4000 card as well.

Any fixes yet? I purchased the game before I played the demo because I usually enjoy the games from this developer....

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Jan 4, 13 2:53 PM
Saqqara21 wrote:Hi,

I have just downloaded the game and when I open it there seems to be something not quite right about the resolution.

I am unsure how to explain it and the Print Screen function on my keyboard does not seem to work, but let's say I have the menu up at the start of the game - this part of the page seems to be narrower than usual and there are other game graphics showing on either side. It's all sort of skinny, and if I click on Play, it still comes up in this same way.

Do I need to change the resolution settings for this game? I don't generally need to for other BF games.

Thanks,
Deb

I had the same problem with the Print Screen Function so I took a photo with my Digital camera. downloaded it on to my computer and after attaching the photo to an email sent it to Technical services email explaining what was wrong

ckristi88
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by ckristi88 on Jan 4, 13 3:27 PM
I've been told there is a "progression glitch" in the scene where you use the hose on the bird; if you don't turn both switches inside the fire truck the first time, it won't let you back in to turn the second. This means you can't finish the game!

Is this something that will be fixed...I'd hate to have to start the game all over again, just to finsh!

celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on Jan 4, 13 8:46 PM
to tktgoddess: I had the exact same problem. I picked up the black tape at the fire truck and it just disappeared. Now I cannot continue without the tape to fix the wires. This is extremely frustrating. Almost finished and it just went poof! No where to be found. It is not in the firetruck cab, it is not in the inventory, it is just gone. Hope they get the glitches out of this one. It seems to be a pretty interesting game, but with too many quirks. I have had to restart my comp three times now just to go right back into the game. But this last time, it did not make the tape magically reappear.

CinW
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by CinW on Jan 4, 13 11:42 PM
mkgriego wrote:I am having all the same problems as the other Mac Users. I am using a 2wk old mac mini and I've updated all the drivers, deleted and reinstalled as well as started a new game and still the missing video, empty dialogue boxes and glitch graphics. It runs the Intel HD Graphics 4000 card as well.

Any fixes yet? I purchased the game before I played the demo because I usually enjoy the games from this developer....

Interesting that it doesn't work with the Mini either. I was considering trying to play Elephant Games on our Mini, which is hooked up to the TV, but that seems like it won't be an answer. Bummer.

No fixes that I know of, and nothing that says they are even considering working on this issue. I was able to play one of their recent games because they released it to iPad, but nothing on my MacBook since about....August? A few of us have posted here, contacted tech support, and even tried contacting Elephant Games. Hasn't had much effect, as far as I can tell.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jan 5, 13 12:42 AM
Helmaron wrote:

I have just downloaded the game and when I open it there seems to be something not quite right about the resolution.

I am unsure how to explain it and the Print Screen function on my keyboard does not seem to work, but let's say I have the menu up at the start of the game - this part of the page seems to be narrower than usual and there are other game graphics showing on either side. It's all sort of skinny, and if I click on Play, it still comes up in this same way.

Do I need to change the resolution settings for this game? I don't generally need to for other BF games.

Thanks,
Deb

I had the same problem with the Print Screen Function so I took a photo with my Digital camera. downloaded it on to my computer and after attaching the photo to an email sent it to Technical services email explaining what was wrong

Unless there was something previously wrong with your print screen function buttons, it is probably the game itself that is preventing the "print screen" from working.
The programming in some of the new games prevents this feature from working in the game, though one Fishie found a way around this by making the screen shots in windowed mode.
BK

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 5, 13 3:20 AM
Hi Fishies,

rosir - I'm really pleased you manged to get this game working! For our other Mac Fishies, there is a thread here that discusses the known issue with some video cards on Macs. There is some great advice in the OP of that thread and will be posting any updates/advice we have for this issue there in case that helps at all.

fishter - Sorry about that! if you have checked the screen resolution and updated your drivers, working with Tech Support is the best thing to do as we can only over basic troubleshooting via the Forums.

For those Fishies seeing a progression block, again, working with Tech Support is the best advice I can offer - this will allow us to offer specific advice and also collect information that will hopefully lead to a resolution.

I hope this helps a bit and as always, thank you all for taking the time to post and work with our Tech Team.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 01/05/2013 at 3:21:34 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 5, 13 3:47 AM
I don't know whether this will be of any use to anyone else but I'll pass it on anyway.

I got a further response from CS and it appears that "the GM relies on Internet Explorer to function and display properly". Since I have used Firefox for years, my version of IE was very outdated.

I updated to IE9 and downloaded the entire game (couldn't resist the sale!). I had no problems this time; it wasn't super quick but it didn't slow to a crawl either. Whether or not this was due to the update of IE I can't be sure but if this info helps anyone else then it was worth posting

rosir
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by rosir on Jan 5, 13 10:48 AM
I should clarify my post by saying that I did have some of the issues that Mac users with the intel graphics card are having.No, I could not see my name after I typed it in. Yes, all of the video segments are jerky, blinky, and incomplete. I just skip those. The hints were often blank, so the game was more challenging. I play the games for the mini games and HO scenes and I found no problem playing any of those, so for me the incompatibility with my graphics card did not impair my enjoyment. For others, it might be intolerable. Yes, I do have a MacBook Pro with Intel HD Graphics 3000.

sville
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Technical glitch with bonus map

[Post New]by sville on Jan 5, 13 6:28 PM
cindybuns wrote:I've played the full game and there are some problems in the bonus game with the map. It worked out fine in the main game when you finished a task it disappeared from the list on the map, but on the bonus game it did not and in one instance instead of the task being listed in English, it was giberish.
quote]

I've noticed the same problem with the bonus game map. Too bad, i loved that the map helped me keep track of what I needed to accomplish. Too bad life doesn't have such a map!

trapped in loop right before the end

[Post New]by SilentWinter on Jan 6, 13 8:18 AM
I'm not sure if this a technical issue or not but my game seems to be stuck on a loop at the very end. It tells me I need to start the firetruck to trigger the valve mini-game, but when I turn the key to start the firetruck I receive a message that says the truck can't start without water flow, so turn the valve. So I'm mostly done and can't complete the game, can't unlock the bonus, and feel like I've wasted $10 and lots of my time. :/ As far as I can tell I've followed all of the steps needed. There's literally nothing left for me to do but stare at the screen.

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Game needs fixing by developer

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on Jan 7, 13 3:10 PM
cindybuns wrote:I've played the full game and there are some problems in the bonus game with the map. It worked out fine in the main game when you finished a task it disappeared from the list on the map, but on the bonus game it did not and in one instance instead of the task being listed in English, it was giberish.

It looks like they may have released it too early without fixing all of the issues in the bonus game or spent most of the time on the main game.

While this fine for a standard edition, since we are paying extra money to include the bonus, it should work correctly!

I had the same problems with the map as well, also had them in the main game too, finished the game in the end but very annoying to still have to do things on the map which have already been done!

katielu88
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by katielu88 on Jan 7, 13 5:46 PM
I don't if its a glitch or what but the first video scene feels like it was cut off like there should have been more

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jan 8, 13 3:24 AM
BearKat wrote:
Helmaron wrote:

Thanks,
Deb

Unless there was something previously wrong with your print screen function buttons, it is probably the game itself that is preventing the "print screen" from working.
The programming in some of the new games prevents this feature from working in the game, though one Fishie found a way around this by making the screen shots in windowed mode.
BK

Regarding the "print screen" function....I don't know if this helps, but I had problems myself with PSF (in another off-site game). I asked my daughter for help. This is what she found: My keyboard has an "FN" key to the right of the space bar. That has to be pressed in addition to the "print screen" button at the top of the keyboard. Worked like a charm after I learned that! (I suppose the "FN" key at the bottom may activate the function keys, ie the "print screen" key.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 8, 13 9:22 AM
Hey there Fishies,

Thanks so much for posting here about your questions and issues with the game. If you haven't already, I would definitely get in touch with Tech Support. They'll be able to work with you directly and help figure out what may be happening in the game.

SilentWinter: Welcome to the Pond! Sometimes this can happen if a part of the game earlier has yet to be completed. I would double check the in game Strategy Guide to make sure that all other tasks are done. If that doesn't help then please contact Customer Support and they'll help with some other options.

Hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

DiDi212
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by DiDi212 on Jan 8, 13 3:26 PM
I'm almost to the end, I've just installed the spark plug, but now nothing else around the firetruck activates. The firebird is still flapping, help, map, and strategy still work. It's like the scene has ended. I need to get back into the cab of the firetruck. I've never had so much trouble with a game. I can't launch the game from Game Manager, but it loads fine from the shortcut.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 9, 13 2:46 AM
Hi DiDi212,

Welcome to the Pond!

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

You could also try updating some of the components that help run your game in case the computer is having some trouble loading the next scenes fully. The advice in the following help article will help you to do that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If neither of these tips help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Go to: