Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

Re:Reviews for Detective Quest: The Crystal Slipper

[Post New]by Seester2 on Feb 24, 13 6:41 PM
This has to be one of the most visually stunning games I have played in some time...absolutely gorgeous graphics! I loved that it was not a dark game...a bit of a twist on a classic fairy tale. My favorite part was the hidden object scenes where you had to place the items in the scene instead of just finding random objects. Very nice switch! Good long game play, too. Interactive map so I could jump from one place to another and it also highlighted the areas where you had a task as well as let you know what the task was. The puzzles were relatively easy and you could choose between 3 levels. You also had a bonus where they give you a camera and you could take pictures of the mystical creatures along the way! I would love to play more like this one! A 9 out of 10 for me!

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Mar 8, 13 9:03 AM
did not care for this game, it was not up todate. -doug & lisa

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on Mar 8, 13 1:03 PM
Seester2 wrote:This has to be one of the most visually stunning games I have played in some time...absolutely gorgeous graphics! I loved that it was not a dark game...a bit of a twist on a classic fairy tale. My favorite part was the hidden object scenes where you had to place the items in the scene instead of just finding random objects. Very nice switch! Good long game play, too. Interactive map so I could jump from one place to another and it also highlighted the areas where you had a task as well as let you know what the task was. The puzzles were relatively easy and you could choose between 3 levels. You also had a bonus where they give you a camera and you could take pictures of the mystical creatures along the way! I would love to play more like this one! A 9 out of 10 for me!

Seester - I'm with you! I love the graphics and anything that is fairy-tale themed. I like that the hidden object scenes have a bit of a switch than the norm - that isn't a FROG - which aren't a fav of mine.

It's visually stunning, colorful, bright and I like the blend of fairytales in this. Haven't finished playing it yet, but I was enamored right from the start. I like these games that give me a break from the dark side (which I happen to love too.)

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Mar 11, 13 2:07 PM
I very much enjoyed this game, altho AHOPs are not my favorites. My favs are the LFA (Large File Adventure) games. However, this game is not the usual run-of-the-mill AHOP.

It has enough of a challenge, but if you want help it has an excellent hint system and a super fun map. The graphics and scenes are gorgeous with lovely bright colors. You can hop around with the map, but there were times I just wandered from place to place so I could enjoy the scenery. There is a story which many games lately don't have. It's kinda Cinderella-ish, but not soupy. The H0s were fun, cute, creative and made me laugh. And the puzzles were different and doable.

The Devs (Elephant Games) deserve kudos for the huge amount of work, effort and creativity and the extra niceties they put in this game. One of the best games in a long time and I recommend.

stephensol1
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by stephensol1 on Mar 16, 13 8:09 AM
I'm concerned by the lack of diversity of the main characters in these games. Black women can be princesses too.

[Post New]by mirella7 on Apr 9, 13 10:17 AM
I can only say I really enjoyed this game! It was wondeful in every aspect!

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Apr 12, 13 9:41 PM
I just completed this game, and I enjoyed playing every minute of it. The story was great, very fantasy which I love. Has beautiful graphics. There is a lot to do in this game, so I really like it was untimed, I didn't have to feel rushed and under pressure. I like to sit back and play at ease. In the game you had to revisit the sites often, some people may not like all the back and forth. It didn't bother me. The games had a lot of variety which I enjoy, including mahjong. Some of the puzzles were harder than others. You can skip them. Over all, I thought this game was fun and enjoyable to play.

[Post New]by dinkydo53545 on Mar 13, 14 3:35 AM
I loved this game. It just went on forever. Was so much fun and so many beautiful scenes. Wonder how I get to the soundtrack, tried going into Assets and music but there wasnt any. Anyway this was one of my favorite games. The developer did a great job. The end credits were so beautiful that I found myself wanted to stand and clap. Loved it

[Post New]by jessespooky on Jul 22, 14 7:48 PM
Just now played demo. Agree with reviews by others such Vlady, who does give very good reviews. Pretty nice graphics not overly complicated. Did not get a chance to use the map as I didn't get all that far. Interestingly simple puzzles/finding objects as far as I got. Have to remember to quite demos to save time if I get distracted or have to do something, I lost a few minutes here. I like the camera thing. Will consider for a later purchase.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Nov 13, 14 8:28 PM
I hated that there is no way to lock the inventory open. All that jumping up and down drives me nuts!

The prince's voice is so immature that he doesn't sound like a prince at all -- more like an overly excitable high school kid.

The footman's voice is too haughty and affected, but at least it's deep enough that at least you know he's fully grown and a man of some authority, whereas the prince... well, it was the first time he ever danced with a girl, I guess.

It was all just too, too silly. I was unable to finish the demo.

Edited on 11/13/2014 at 8:35:39 PM PST

Go to: