Re:Post any Cursed Fates: The Headless Horseman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by starplayer22 on Jan 6, 13 3:15 PM
I'm having the same problem in chapter 4 with the mirror shard!!! so annoying! How can I finish the game if I can't retrieve the shard? HELP

Re:Post any Cursed Fates: The Headless Horseman Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jan 6, 13 3:20 PM
Hi,
Yes it's the second time. I've already used the strap. I need the shard to get any further, and I really don't want to start again.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jan 6, 13 3:21 PM
Hi,
Yes it's the second time. I've already used the strap. I need the shard to get any further, and I really don't want to start again.

[Post New]by eptucson on Jan 6, 13 3:33 PM
mcurty wrote:
elvenstardragon wrote:I have got to chapter 4 and just done a HOS in the second room upstairs. It should have given me a mirror shard but it won't. I can see the shard but when I click on it nothing happens. I tried using the hint button to see if that would point it out and fix it but it doesn't work. when I come out of the room the sparkles are still there telling me there is a HOS still there but when I go back in it still won't work. I need the shard to finish the game. HELP!!!<Snipped>

Are you doing the 2nd HOS in this guest room? The first time you do the HOS in the guest room a strap is the item received. The mirror shard is not asked for or received until you do the 2nd HOS in this room. I hope it's something as simple as this...would hate for you not to be able to finish the game. I had no technical troubles with completing it.

[Post New]by eptucson on Jan 6, 13 3:35 PM
Same here. I want it fixed. I spend alot of money on these games. I want to be able to play them when I buy them.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 6, 13 4:55 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see you're running into the issue with the mirror shard! We are still collecting info to track down why this is happening and how it might be fixed.

If you haven't already done so, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team and send them a Dr. Felix Report for the game. This will give us a lot of information that will help us pinpoint the problem.

We go over how to contact Tech Support with that info in the post we've created here.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

imagramma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by imagramma on Jan 6, 13 5:35 PM
Hi, bfgmonogahela.
I hope this is where I can answer your reply to my problem with installation. I found the game line that says "Install games from this order" , clicked it then immediately saw the arrow and bar ""Install now". I clicked it and went to the
Game Manager and it was activated.
Thank you for answering me so soon.
imagramma

ROSES777
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by ROSES777 on Jan 6, 13 5:53 PM
Chapter4 same problem with getting 2nd mirror shard. i went back in after exiting out of game twice and reinstalled stillsame problem. i completly deleted the game on the computer and still same problem . Thisis diffently a glitch. i'm really p.o about it.

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Jan 6, 13 8:15 PM
starplayer22 wrote:I'm having the same problem in chapter 4 with the mirror shard!!! so annoying! How can I finish the game if I can't retrieve the shard? HELP

I'm having the same issue. Hint button shows nothing, and it won't even tell me that I need the mirror shard at all.

[Post New]by Dreanne on Jan 6, 13 8:48 PM
KCErin wrote:
elvenstardragon wrote:I have got to chapter 4 and just done a HOS in the second room upstairs. It should have given me a mirror shard but it won't. I can see the shard but when I click on it nothing happens. I tried using the hint button to see if that would point it out and fix it but it doesn't work. when I come out of the room the sparkles are still there telling me there is a HOS still there but when I go back in it still won't work. I need the shard to finish the game. HELP!!!

Is this yet another game I'm going to be unable to finish. I refuse to restart the game like I've been told to with other games, It's soul destroying! The rest of the game has been OK except for some long black screen pauses between chapters.

I'm having the same problem. I checked the SG during the HOS. When I came back all the items I had already selected were back in place. I know I need the glass shard, but it won't let me take it.

I did exit and return and then uninstalled/re-installed - no change. We cannot finish the game without the item. Things were going so well up to that point.

I'm having the same issue under same circumstances as all previous posters. Nothing helps, not even uninstalling/ installing. It seems this will require a patch, as I agree with one of the previous posters that to play again the whole game, when you are already at the end, is extremely frustrating. And there is no guarantee that the problem will not happen on second play.

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Jan 6, 13 9:26 PM
i,m alone,alone just i and my invisable cursior.o me

[Post New]by mgsantin on Jan 6, 13 9:56 PM
Any updates with the mirror shard??? I'm stuck too...

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Jan 7, 13 1:31 AM
kittyruss wrote:In the place with the scare crow i can not pick up items to place. My curser changes to an arrow and kicks me out ,wont let me pick up anuthing .So wanted to buy this game hope there is a fix fast.
Hi kittyruss, i had the same problem untill i realised you dont have to put the items into the scene, you have to pick them up out of the scene, it confused me for a while hope this helps your progress

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 7, 13 3:55 AM
Heya Fishies,

As bfgMonongahela we are currently still gathering information regarding the mirror shard to bring you a fix for this as soon as possible.

Thank you so much to all of you that have contacted our Tech Support Team already. This really is a big help for us as your messages and Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report allow us to gather the necessary information.

For everyone that hasn't done so yet, please send a message and a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report to our Tech Support Team so we can get you a fix as soon as possible!

tophen - As the cursor is a visual aspect of a game, it could be that updating your drivers helps to solve this issue. You can find some useful steps on how to do that by clicking here .

Should the cursor still be missing, our Tech Support will gladly have a look at that for you to get everything running properly.

I hope this helps and thank you .

bfgBiwa

Edited on 01/07/2013 at 3:55:33 AM PST

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Jan 7, 13 4:39 AM
Anyone else having a problem opening the safe in chapter 2.it says 497 and open,but does not.it seems this wonderful game is about to go by thr wayside.....what else can i try...

[Post New]by JoeBee1 on Jan 7, 13 11:22 AM
Tophen, I too have no cursor. My touch screen only allows me to exit. I always play with a cursor. Nice looking game,good reviews, I've missed the sale. Thank you very much. Have a nice day.

Peta52
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Peta52 on Jan 7, 13 11:31 AM
Same problem as the others with Chapter 4. Can't get the mirror shard. Please tell me when this is going to be fixed. I do not want to uninstall/reinstall, start over and still have the same problem.

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Jan 7, 13 2:30 PM
I did not even get to play DEMO it was on activating for a long time then popped up demo expired!! what happened? would love to play the demo!!

[Post New]by susance on Jan 7, 13 3:42 PM
No cursor...Deleted and reinstalled. Still not cursor!!

[Post New]by Dreanne on Jan 7, 13 10:20 PM
greeneyes488 wrote:Anyone else having a problem opening the safe in chapter 2.it says 497 and open,but does not.it seems this wonderful game is about to go by thr wayside.....what else can i try...

After you put in the code 497, you have to click on the safe handle, and it opens...

Go to: