makewecasa
Clownfish
Clownfish
878 Posts

Re:Comments for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Collector's Edition

[Post New]by makewecasa on Jan 12, 13 10:54 AM
I recommend the Collector's Edition on this one just to see the good heart that goes along with the eye candy!

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on Jan 12, 13 5:52 PM
Yes, it was a good game, but even in advanced mode, there were those annoying sparkles in the HO scenes. They are so nagging! Even after you've retrieved the article, they still sparkle! I wish the devs would pay attention to complaints and do something about them. MLC60

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 12, 13 9:11 PM
MLC60 wrote:Yes, it was a good game, but even in advanced mode, there were those annoying sparkles in the HO scenes. They are so nagging! Even after you've retrieved the article, they still sparkle! I wish the devs would pay attention to complaints and do something about them. MLC60

Agreed, MLC60!! Those were incredibly annoying! If I say no sparkles, I mean NO sparkles. Please and thank you.

Anukis36
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Anukis36 on Jan 14, 13 1:01 AM
I loved this series too, I replayed them more than once but this one wasn't the same. I guess I preferred the spookier vibe they had...and is this one shorter? Still pretty to study though.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Jan 19, 13 6:49 PM
This one was certainly a lot shorter than the others and a lot easier too. Unless the bonus game is something special I think the next one will be a SE. My favorite was The Black Cat (long and challenging) followed by The Premature Burial. These developERS seem to be taking giant leaps backwards but of course as long as we buy their games why should they improve? I still think their games are lovely and I enjoy them but they seem to be stuck in a rut................

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Jan 20, 13 2:49 PM
After completing the game plus the bonus chapter, I can truly recommend this game! What a satisfying experience, and the ending of the bonus chapter was just right. Great, great game. And one I will definitely replay. Can't wait for another Edgar Allan Poe story reworked for our gaming pleasure.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jan 21, 13 9:39 AM
this is a GREAT game, just like the ones before it. the music should of changed, but it is the same music from the last game. we give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars.------------------------------doug & lisa.........................

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Jan 22, 13 8:46 AM
I have now played the bonus game and this one is really short! In fact, the main game plus the bonus are nowhere near as long as The Black Cat main game. Think my next one will have to be SE unless the developERS improve things.......... Enjoyable but shortness plus no morphs, collectibles or achievements add up to SE for me. Just drooling over Dupin is not worth the extra money!

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Jan 23, 13 7:58 PM
Bigfishette wrote:Really like the series.
Still waiting for:
Tell Tale Heart
Masque of Red Death
Pit and Pendulum
Annabel Lee
These would make really cool creepy games which I really like too.

Agree! There are so many better stories out there ERS could have chosen. Tell Tale Heart is my all time favorite.

[Post New]by pgnfeline on Jan 25, 13 6:04 PM
Nice game, but very short for a CE.

Go to: