saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

Re:Reviews for Time Mysteries: The Final Enigma Collector's Edition

[Post New]by saphhire on Jan 13, 13 4:49 PM
I'm very happy I purchased this game.................EVERYTHING ABOUT IT IS GREAT.........................EXCEPT ONE THING........................ITEMS IN THE HO'S ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM...................EXP AN AWL IS NOT A PICK , POT IS NOT A PAINT CAN ETC.........................

This devel has done this before, naming things wrong, glad for the silo hints in the right hand corner.

I'VE BEEN PLAYING FOR 5HRS NOW AND I'M ONLY IN MERLINS MUS

THANK YOU FOR THE JUMPING ABIL OTHERWISE WOULD BE HERE FOR A YR LOL

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jan 13, 13 4:53 PM

Edited on 01/14/2013 at 3:14:02 AM PST

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 13, 13 7:15 PM
I have to say that this game doesn't cut for me, the graphics are very nice, the game plays good, but during the demo it didn't make me feel like wanting to buy it right now, right now.

But, those that enjoyed the demo I am sure will have a good time with the full version.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Jan 13, 13 7:43 PM
Tried the demo and will wait for the SE. Still playing the Gold Bug and enjoying it so much, I guess this one suffers by comparison.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jan 14, 13 2:25 PM
I haven't decided if I will buy the CE -- I only checked the SG to see why I was confused as to how to play the game -- I don't have the previous games and the back and forth aspect (which I liked) was new to me. The acting was sometimes quite good, sometimes really awful -- I only heard one fake English accent, but suddenly that accent (our heroine) changed in the second chapter, which is really strange. I did think the HOS's were quite junkpile, mixed in with sort of appropriate items per era -- but light bulbs didn't exist in the late 18th century (hello) and tobacco comes from the New World, not Britain in any era, just to name two objects which were entirely out of place. It's kind of a cute game, mocked up to be one of great urgency (the end of all). I think the cartoon aspect of the game, plus the lack of morphing objects or other objects to locate along the way keep me thinking SE rather than CE.

pattyjo
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pattyjo on Jan 14, 13 3:26 PM
I have a question and don't know where to ask it.but here. Does this game have a lot of HOG's? looks like a fun game but I don't want to run into a log of HOG can some one help me with this please.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Jan 14, 13 6:33 PM
PROS:
1. Time travel element is well done.
2. Hidden objects are large, can't miss them (also a con).

CONS:
1. Opening sequence is laughable. Not scary at all.
2. Perhaps you’ve seen this before, about 1000 times? There’s a dark hooded figure of a man with red eyes. He's doing something mysterious, then disappears into a black cloud. Same old, same old. Can’t they ever come up with something else?
3. To open any lock, we have to not only insert the key, but also click the key. I’m deducting one “star” just for that.
4. It’s a collector$ edition
5. Mini-games are incredibly easy.
6. Lots of voice overs, but they can be skipped.
7. Characters are one dimensional, not very interesting.

Two stars out of five

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Jan 14, 13 6:55 PM
Time mysteries series has improved a lot over the 1st series: Time Mysteries: Inheritance

New elements like match 3 against HOS and fun puzzles to solve. This series has some dark scenery but in accordance to the story. Graphics is good and voice over is good as well. The uncle does look like a absent minded professor not a mad one.

LOVE it

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jan 15, 13 7:31 AM
(Based on 47 minutes of the demo)--

I said in another thread that I'm a "dog" for CEs. Well, not this one, I'm afraid. I usually enjoy releases from this developer, but this one just doesn't measure up, to me.

The intro is a bit of a head-scratcher, and the Options menu is very spartan--two sliders, cursor choice and screen choice (does that work for some? I hope so.). The storyline is a bit confusing--the villain (Vivianna) is a "good person/bad person/good person/bad person." I liked the voice acting ("Aussie"). The graphics seemed a little fuzzy to me. The size of the items in the H0 scenes made them pretty easy to find, and there was some interaction. Journal/Diary, but no map. Boo-hoo. That said, the hint system works outside the H0 scenes, which is a good thing.

To me, this one just doesn't stand up to some previous developers' games--e.g., "Nightmare From The Deep--Cursed Heart," "Time Mysteries--The Inheritance," 'Abyss--The Wraiths Of Eden." This developer hasn't gone backwards, like some others, but they're just on a plateau. Both and .

Regards, elldee

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Jan 16, 13 4:46 AM
I bought this with a coupon, so didn't mind buying the CE, but wouldn't pay full price, although I enjoyed the last Time Mysteries. Am with Valdy etc regarding buying CE's. The girls voice is totally annoying so I just play with no sound, as i increasingly tend to anyway on most games as they all have annoying sound tracks after a while , also It seems a bit of a "put on" accent and nothing like a real english voice, unless they got someone really posh to do the voiceover!
The puzzles have been quite easy and I get bored with HOS so a sideline alternative is a nice change, although you'd probably find the hidden objects quicker than it takes to finish the M3!
Not bad for the price, but I'm still looking for something really exciting out there....this aint it

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 16, 13 11:45 AM
Excellent! I never play straight through on these long Adventure games, but I did this one..couldn't even pull myself away to head for the bathroom! Fantastic game play. However, the voice overs drove me nuts and I could not find a way to turn them off plus more of those really tedious (not difficult) mini games scattered through. Most games were fun and easy, so I just skipped the tedious ones. Hint and Skip refresh very quickly.

Great graphics and the time travel, well lets just say it was pretty amazing. Another great hit, you cannot go wrong here. Still need to play the bonus game, but the basic game wraps up very well and completely so the SE should be just as much fun. Don't miss this one if you like Adventure play with some very easy, interactive HOS in which you are given an alternative game to play instead. This game simply has it all for great entertainment! A definate 5 out of 5.

Be prepared, the bonus game is not as good as the game. Trust me, if you buy the SE you aren't missing anything...the ending to the bonus game doesn't even make sense...it ends the same way as the CE...wierd. on the bonus game.

Edited on 01/16/2013 at 3:00:38 PM PST

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Jan 17, 13 2:49 PM
I'm a die-hard fan of this developer but I'm pretty surprised by this game. I purchased it right away since AM is absolutely one of the best, but this game must have been made by their "B" team. The graphics are nothing special, the music is repetitive and a bit frantic, the interaction for time travel is cumbersome, and the mini-games are ridiculously easy. Plus, no achievements, special items to find, etc. I still like this game - I just don't love it like I usually do AM's games. This is more along the lines of very typical, nothing special, cookie cutter ERS games. Most of AM's games are just so brilliant that I expected more... but they will continue to be near the top of my list of best devs out there.

ediegamer
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by ediegamer on Jan 17, 13 7:36 PM
Bravo to these developers who put out a really great game. What a pleasure it is to be able to play a game that runs so smoothly and is so very interesting. No problems at all with this one - it downloaded fast, played flawlessly and really captured my interest. Some of these other devs could learn a thing or two from this company!!!!!

Good Game

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Jan 20, 13 12:59 AM
This review is for the full game. I liked this game and will recommend it, but as the game progressed, it got a bit repetitive and that has lowered my score for the overall game. Most of the nitty-gritty details about the game have already been given in the above reviews. I will concentrate on what I liked and didn't like about the game.

The game was very good and the Portable Time Device (PTD) was a clever way to include an interactive map with the game. The journal was a bit annoying for me because it was tough to read, but the Objectives were nice. There were no Achievements and you couldn't lock the inventory tray in the up position and that created some problems. Throughout the game, it was annoying that the tray would pop up and down and that made it difficult to use the down navigation arrow sometimes. Plus, I usually had to click on an inventory item 2-3 times before I could pick it up.

The dialogue was okay and the British accents didn't bother me and the cutscenes were well done. I liked the music and I NEVER turn the music off and could never understand the many people who say they turn off the music. The music, sounds, and ambience are integral parts of any game. The graphics were well done and because I hate HOS, it was great that the Hint button instantly recharged. So I would keep using it and finished most HOS in less than a minute! There were 32 HOS in the game; 24 in the main game and 8 in the Bonus chapter. Yes, the mini-games weren't that creative, but that seems to be the case with most games and I though they were fun.

The PTD was the most innovative part of the game and about halfway through the game, I was rating it a 10. However, after that, things changed a bit. The game started to get a bit repetitious and it started to become a bit tedious having to travel to a different time period to get one item and then return to where you just came from to use it. Then you go to a Time Museum and no longer have the PTD. You have to use a different method for time travel. Then in the Bonus chapter, you use a third method for time travel. I would have preferred the PTD throughout the entire game.

All in all, a good game and I give it 2 thumbs up . I recommend the game and rate it an 8 out of 10.

Edited on 01/21/2013 at 12:09:22 AM PST

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Jan 28, 13 5:28 PM
Good...but bonus game way to short.

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Jan 28, 13 8:04 PM
I really enjoyed both the main game and the bonus chapter of this game! I played both of the previous Time Mysteries games and enjoyed them as well, though to be honest, it's been quite awhile so I don't remember them specifically.

I am not at all bothered by the voiceovers, found the the music atmospheric, and I enjoyed the dialogue. I suppose I'm a more "story-driven" type of gamer.

Most of all, I enjoyed the smoothness of the play, with no technical glitches or goofs. It was very intuitive for me, and I didn't have to use any hints or the strategy guide.

I played the game through in a single sitting. Can't say whether that means it was too short - but it was a most excellent escape and diversion after a trying, frustrating day at work. That's why I play games in the first place - to relax and decompress, and this game was excellent for that purpose. I recommend it!

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Jun 8, 13 9:25 PM
So I'm used to the time travel deal, previously played in this "series" and also having to find all of your year buttons in order to do the game. Story line was okay for me, nothing shattering, but okay. And right when I'm jumping through time and everything I get hit with having to take Merlin with me. So now all of these doors appear and I just lost interest. I'm not a fan of jumping time, portals, and such. I will admit, some games have portals that are not bothersome, you go in, do what you have to do, and you get out. However, this one you are continually going back and forth, using the map that pops up in the middle to see if you have any actions. So once that was taken away and replaced with the doors....I just sort of lost interest in the whole scheme of things. I'll end up finishing off the game, but I need a break!

Go to: