Re:Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by Dillinger1 on Jan 19, 13 11:18 AM
I have tried everything that was suggested and it doesn't help. My game doesn't really freeze, I still have curser movement. I type in my name and when I click on the check mark or hit enter nothing happens, my curser just sits in the name box flashing, it doesn't go to the game. It just stays on that page. I hope this makes sense. What am I missing. Everything is up to date and I have tried running as administrator, I have uninstalled and re-installed and no luck.

 
aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 19, 13 1:14 PM
Dillinger1 - it shouldn't matter but, what name are you typing in? Are you always trying the same one or have you tried different names?

Also, pressing enter doesn't do anything there (I know it probably should!) It's all based on the tick button.

 
bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jan 19, 13 2:50 PM
Hi Dillinger1,

I'm sorry that those troubleshooting steps haven't helped. I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can look into that further. They're set up a bit better than us here in the Forums to troubleshoot issues like that.

Hopefully they can get you back to gaming in no time!

bfgSeine

 

Re:Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by Dillinger1 on Jan 20, 13 4:56 PM
Hi Aymes,
Yes I have tried different names, thinking that the length of the name had something to do with it, but it did not make a difference. Also I did click on the check mark besides hitting enter and that made no difference, but thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it. I will try Tech support and see if they can come up with something. Thanks for your help everyone

 
Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

Re:Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jan 28, 13 9:05 PM
Well you can't accomplish you goals because the items are grayed out even if you have enough products. very cute game, but not going to buy it because it's too much of a hassle with all the things going wrong with it.

 
aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 29, 13 1:01 AM
Hello Cromaxgal, thanks for trying the game out! I'm sorry you had trouble,

I just wanted to clarify what you meant by "the items are grayed out even if you have enough products" - obviously I want to fix any problems there are with the game so I wondered if you could elaborate at all?

 
bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 29, 13 3:28 AM
Heya Fishies,

Dillinger1 - Thanks for getting in touch with our Tech Support regarding this! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be solved soon!

Cromaxgal - It definitely isn't nice that your items are grayed out like this! This kind of thing can happen if you don't have enough resources to get a certain element. Making sure that you have everything available to build what you want to could help already. Otherwise, you could also try to uninstall and reinstall your game to make sure that everything is in place.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 01/31/2013 at 4:53:14 AM PST


 
grndpiano
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by grndpiano on Jan 29, 13 7:21 PM
Hello BigFish...I am running Windows 8. I have completed the entire game. I have 2 stars on everything including the 15 challenge levels. For some reason, I'm not getting the last achievement where it says I've completed everything. I've went through everything 3 times and I'm still not seeing anything that I've missed. Like I said, I have 2 stars on everything including the challenge levels!!! What to do? Any suggestions? Thanks!

 
bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 30, 13 2:13 AM
Hi grndpiano,

That sounds really odd - sorry about this.

You might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps?

Bu if the problem persists, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page so we can offer some more specific support.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

 
aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 30, 13 4:26 AM
grndpiano, not to step on bfgBaikai support's toes here, but before uninstalling it could you try the following: complete the first level again (should only take a few secs) then when completed try selecting "Next Level" (rather than back to map) and see if that does anything for you.

Just a thought I had...

 
bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 30, 13 4:55 AM
No fins stepped on here aymes, thanks for that advice!

I would definitely try that tip grndpiano, as it sounds like your issues might be to do with game mechanics more than anything.

If all else fails though, our Tech Support Team will be there to help!

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

 
grndpiano
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by grndpiano on Jan 30, 13 7:21 PM
aymes wrote:grndpiano, not to step on bfgBaikai support's toes here, but before uninstalling it could you try the following: complete the first level again (should only take a few secs) then when completed try selecting "Next Level" (rather than back to map) and see if that does anything for you.

Just a thought I had...


I don't have a clue why it worked, but it did...thanks aymes and bigfish...

 
bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 1, 13 3:33 AM
Triple, virtual high five with grndpiano and aymes!

I really hope you enjoy the rest of the game now grndpiano.

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

 

Re:Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by die_nike on May 1, 13 10:06 AM
Hi

I am having quite a lot of problems with the game starting as of level 24 (up to 23 no problems at all) ; I have to appoint the workers several times to do the same task and they just walk by (even if I do not need resources) and even after trying 10 times it still does not work. Twice the game froze completely.

Using the Mac version: Information on my MacBookPro, Mac OS X 10.7.5, Intel Core i7, 2.2 GHz, not sure if you need any other information.

Would be glad if you help me sorting out this problem, then I have never had such problems before with Mac versions.

Thanks a bunch for your help.




 
perrik
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by perrik on May 1, 13 11:33 AM
die_nike wrote:Hi

I am having quite a lot of problems with the game starting as of level 24 (up to 23 no problems at all) ; I have to appoint the workers several times to do the same task and they just walk by (even if I do not need resources) and even after trying 10 times it still does not work. Twice the game froze completely.

Using the Mac version: Information on my MacBookPro, Mac OS X 10.7.5, Intel Core i7, 2.2 GHz, not sure if you need any other information.

Would be glad if you help me sorting out this problem, then I have never had such problems before with Mac versions.

Thanks a bunch for your help.


I think one of the issues is actually part of the game play. If you send workers past a broken pipe and the pipe starts spouting the red smoke as they walk by, the workers will immediately retreat back to the main building. You have to figure out the timing on when to send workers so that they won't be affected by the broken pipe. For example, on level 24 I send workers to the sawmill about two seconds after the broken pipe at the top of the ladder starts steaming. By the time the workers reach the top of the ladder, the steam has stopped and the workers can pass by safely. (if you played the original Tribloos, the steam here functions like the lava in that game)

However, I am having the same freezing problem on level 24! I've frozen up completely twice, both times just a bit before gold time ends. I'm on a MacBook Air, Intel i5 1.7Ghz, running OSX 10.8.3. The game ran perfectly for the first 23 levels.

 

Re:Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by die_nike on May 1, 13 11:51 AM
perrik wrote:
die_nike wrote:Hi

I am having quite a lot of problems with the game starting as of level 24 (up to 23 no problems at all) ; I have to appoint the workers several times to do the same task and they just walk by (even if I do not need resources) and even after trying 10 times it still does not work. Twice the game froze completely.

Using the Mac version: Information on my MacBookPro, Mac OS X 10.7.5, Intel Core i7, 2.2 GHz, not sure if you need any other information.

Would be glad if you help me sorting out this problem, then I have never had such problems before with Mac versions.

Thanks a bunch for your help.


I think one of the issues is actually part of the game play. If you send workers past a broken pipe and the pipe starts spouting the red smoke as they walk by, the workers will immediately retreat back to the main building. You have to figure out the timing on when to send workers so that they won't be affected by the broken pipe. For example, on level 24 I send workers to the sawmill about two seconds after the broken pipe at the top of the ladder starts steaming. By the time the workers reach the top of the ladder, the steam has stopped and the workers can pass by safely. (if you played the original Tribloos, the steam here functions like the lava in that game)

However, I am having the same freezing problem on level 24! I've frozen up completely twice, both times just a bit before gold time ends. I'm on a MacBook Air, Intel i5 1.7Ghz, running OSX 10.8.3. The game ran perfectly for the first 23 levels.



Thanks a lot for the explanations - I try to figure out when to "run" past the steam ... that is quite a task to fulfill ... it is a time management game after all :-) for the freezing problems, I guess the techies need to find a solution. It is a pity. But nevertheless, I love the game.

 
aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by aymes on May 1, 13 11:51 PM
Hello! The moment I saw Perri's contact message to us this morning I loaded up the game and gave it a go. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get it to freeze just by playing level 24.

Strange that it's that level it freezes on (and I would have expected a crash rather than a freeze!) it would be logical to think it has something to do with the pipes, but I would have thought it would happen on level 23 if anything.

So it is a bit of a puzzle for me. I'm testing on a 4 year old mac book though, which is running an older version of macOS. But I know that BFG would have tested with up to date versions.

I do have a new Mac that I've not even turned on yet so I will try to get into the office this evening and boot it up to have a look.

Otherwise I'm sure that if you contact BFG support they may have some suggestions or be able to confirm the moment that the game freezes.

Could I ask however, what is the exact moment that it crashes? Is it just before you complete the level (eg. you just achieve the last target) or is it before gold time ends? Any additional information you can give would really help!

 
aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by aymes on May 7, 13 7:41 AM
Hey all, just wanted to say that so far I have not been able to replicate the issue. Perri has also got back to me to say that it hasn't happened since, so at the moment I don't think this is a major issue to do with Tribloos 2 specifically.

Obviously if anyone does have this issue on going please let BFG support know and they will in turn contact me if anything needs to be changed (which I will of course do in double time if necessary!)

Any other problems or questions just say

 
 
 
 
Go to: