gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

Re:Any Questions - Ask the developer (that's me!)

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Jan 14, 13 1:53 PM
aymes wrote:gmac, just what can I say? Such touching words to a budding game developer as myself. I'm actually near speechless. Thank you so much for your review and comments, it all means such a lot to us

Your more than welcome aymes and as I said you deserve it and you do. Great job love the game so keep up the good work and keep bringing them to us you have definitely got a fan here !

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 14, 13 2:17 PM
I see that a guide on how to achieve gold stars is in the making by Andy.

Just wanted to say that I am very happy with the fact that I don't have to race through the game in order to make it in time or to achieve gold. I have never been very competitive (I am also a good loser). What's important to me is the fun I am having playing the game, not whether I can make each level within a minute.

In fact, I like lingering about, looking around the world that you, the developer, has created, and take my time. That's why I only play TM-type of games that also come in relaxed mode or at the very least allows me to continue once the timer has ran out.

Just thought I'd mention the importance for me of not having to play against a timer in this game.

[Post New]by CasualGamePlayer on Jan 14, 13 3:00 PM
HI Andy,

I am really enjoying the game and looking forward to your guide to getting gold. I agree with Valdy and others that no timer is great. I also thought Tribloos was a great game and very underated I am looking forward to eventually getting gold once I play the game all the way though and any tips you have in your guide will be helpful I'm sure.
Thanks for coming to the forum it's great to hear from developers and again really love the game it's put a smile on my face on a cold and grey monday.

Edited on 01/14/2013 at 6:14:29 PM PST

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 14, 13 3:33 PM
Hello CasualGamePlayer!
I'm really happy that you all "get" the no timer thing too! Getting gold across the board is it's own reward in these games I always thought

The guide is coming on but will take some time to assemble. Will do my best to finish it.

The great thing about coming here is to talk to you all about this. A great many improvements in Tribloos 2 came from feedback here (and elsewhere) about Tribloos 1! Thanks so much for playing the game, I really hope you enjoy the rest of it.

[Post New]by Beautiful43 on Jan 14, 13 4:46 PM
I love games like this that I can play with my grandson when he spends the weekend with me. I bought this game when the trial ended and after checking the forums for other's opinions. What really sold me other than the game itself was the quick, thoughtful responses from the developer. I'll most likely end up buying the first game as well. Questions : what are the chances of getting a screen saver option? The rainbows are so cute! Do you have plans for a 3rd in the series, or a developer's news link?
Thank you
Nanna

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Jan 14, 13 5:02 PM
I haven't tried either one of the Tribloos yet but with the glowing reviews, I am looking forward to trying them since I too enjoy building games. My question is about the system requirements for this one: RAM: 2048 MB. If that is correct, 2 is out for me.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 14, 13 5:12 PM
Hello Topaz, thanks for posting. I have known the game work on quite an old system with 512mb of ram so give the demo a go and see how you get on maybe? Let me know what you think if it works for you!

Beautiful43, thanks for you lovely post! It was great to read as I've become a father last year and can't wait for my lad to play games with me.

I'd not thought of a screensaver option, will look into that. I have...thoughts about a third in the series. Nothing solid to talk about yet though. I would post a link to our dev site but I dont think its permitted here.

Thanks again for your comments, I hope you continue to enjoy the game!

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Jan 14, 13 6:36 PM
Totally enjoying your game. There is enough challenge in figuring out a strategy to use the resources properly, so that for me the gold is not the challenge. I enjoy figuring out a strategy and that is my goal. The speed demons have a goal too. You have created a game for a wide variety of players. Thank you.

Pixieydust
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Pixieydust on Jan 14, 13 7:23 PM
You know just the fact that you took the time to come and talk to us I am buying the game right now without even having played it! I am that impressed! I have beta tested a lot of mmo's and mmorpgs and the developers have hardly been involved with talking to the community at all.

I will post a review after I have played for a couple of hours. I have never seen this game before, but I have a feeling it won't matter, it looks pretty solid just from the little video here.

When a developer is that excited and take the time to come talk to the community on launch day, that means a lot to us gamers, whether we are casual or hardcore! Thank you for that. It is an honor to say hello!

You have a new customer!

Pixiey

[Post New]by dixieangels on Jan 14, 13 7:35 PM
I just wanted to say I was prepared to not like this game cause I really don't care for build games, but I ended up with 4 minutes left in my trial. This is an enchanting little game that you need to use your brain and thank goodness there is no timer. I will probably not get very many gold, 1 gold and 1 silver, the rest bronze, but that really doesn't matter. Thank you for this game that lets me use my mind AND relax.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 14, 13 9:05 PM
aymes wrote:Hello CasualGamePlayer!
I'm really happy that you all "get" the no timer thing too! Getting gold across the board is it's own reward in these games I always thought

The guide is coming on but will take some time to assemble. Will do my best to finish it.

The great thing about coming here is to talk to you all about this. A great many improvements in Tribloos 2 came from feedback here (and elsewhere) about Tribloos 1! Thanks so much for playing the game, I really hope you enjoy the rest of it.

see,s her fave dev as a tasty treat....grabs aymes and swims off to a tub of butter

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 15, 13 12:14 AM
Hehe, that's right I'm now a lobster! Just catching up to everyone who posted while I was dozing...

DMH, thanks for understanding the game so well. Happy that you're enjoying it so far, thanks for posting!

Pixieydust, I'm so glad to read what you said there. I think coming here and talking to anyone who plays the game is a no-brainer for any developer. I'm so surprised it doesn't happen 100% of the time! I do hope you like the game when you try it, I'll be waiting to hear what you think

dixieangels, I'll never get tired of hearing Tribloos 2 being described as "enchanting", Thank you!

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Jan 15, 13 7:07 AM
aymes wrote:Hello Topaz, thanks for posting. I have known the game work on quite an old system with 512mb of ram so give the demo a go and see how you get on maybe? Let me know what you think if it works for you!

Thanks for the info, aymes! Glad to see that you are here to answer questions and help us out!

I did try them both and found that both play fine on my older PC. I also had no problems 2 running with less than the suggested 2GB memory.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 15, 13 7:58 AM
Hello Topaz, that's fantastic news! Glad to hear they both work fine (I was pretty sure, but you never know) - I think they just say 2gb to be safe

I was sorry to hear (over in the review thread) that you were not as keen on Tribloos 1 as Tribloos 2, but of course glad to hear you liked number 1 in the first place

I absolutely hope you have fun with both of them, please let me know how you get on!

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Jan 15, 13 8:29 AM
I love the Tribloos games!
I sooooo appreciate the developer coming here to listen to us, and fantastic you can carry on with the game even if you do not make gold.
However: I am one who almost will not move on without making the gold. I really dig my heels in on that.
Again appreciate you coming here so much to listen.

mamamaggie
Marlin
Marlin
9,501 Posts

[Post New]by mamamaggie on Jan 15, 13 8:51 AM
Here are more big KUDOs for the tribloos games. A puzzle, builder, tm game all in one. Love, love, love them. In fact I was so excited I actually danced around for a minute and scared the fur off my kitties.

I have one 'problem' already addressed - the spelling errors. And one comment also already addressed - the short timer. Neither of these, however, detracts from the pleasure of playing your games. I am more methodical than fast in my game playing and have long resigned myself to getting bronze, and only want a virtual red pencil to correct spelling errors for a second.

Thank you for these games. I am looking forward to others from you and to The Tribloos 3 and 4 and 5 and .........

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 15, 13 9:20 AM
Csustar, it's my pleasure to come here (especially after reading all the great comments so far! )
I'm also a Gold hunter in these kinds of games, I'll just keep trying and trying until I get it! Thanks for coming back for more Tribloos!

mamamaggie - I'm quite distraught that I submitted the game with those spelling errors! Hopefully the ones in the tutorial are the only ones, I'd hope very much that they were anyway (otherwise I'm going to be kicking myself for months about this!)

Thank you so much for your comment though, I'm really pleased to hear you were excited about it (even if your cats now need a bit of a lie down!)

Tribloos 4, 5 and more? Eep! I'll have to get my thinking cap on for new locations!

gamekitten
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,371 Posts

[Post New]by gamekitten on Jan 15, 13 9:22 AM
Hi there aymes! I have to be honest with you. I had no interest in even demoing the game simply because that is not where my interest lies, but the fact that you took the time to post this thread and find out any concerns our fishies might have....well that's capital of you. I will now d/l this game and give it a go. Thanks for making yourself available. Good luck on future endeavours.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 15, 13 9:33 AM
Hello Gamekitten, thanks so much for giving it a go! I enjoy talking about the game with you all here and it's great to have this opportunity

Let me know how you get on with it!

gamekitten
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,371 Posts

[Post New]by gamekitten on Jan 15, 13 9:35 AM
I will.

Go to: