ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

Re:Reviews for Between the Worlds III

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jan 16, 13 5:06 PM
I don't like this game. I didn't like the other two and as expected, this game is just the same. I admit, I have purchased games I thought to be good but turned out not so. Which is why I am careful anymore about buying. There is jus something odd about this series that puts me off.

Besides, I have so many other better games I haven't played yet. No sense wasting money on bad ones.

Not to upset those who do enjoy it......to each his/her own, though.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Jan 16, 13 6:11 PM
I finished the game with 7 minutes left. I skipped 2 mini games. The game has a certain feel that's hard to describe, I suppose that's what LTML likes about it. Enjoy it while it lasts 'cause its really short!

ETA:
I did finish the last mini game, but I now have a hand cramp from clicking so many times. The last mini game was almost as long as the rest of the game.

Edited on 01/16/2013 at 6:17:11 PM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jan 16, 13 6:29 PM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:In regards to my review of this game: I am not being sarcastic or humorous. I really like this series. If you go back and read the reviews on "Between the Worlds II" you will see the same complaints about the game being to short and not understanding it. I get this game. I think the developers should have put II & III together...not just for a longer length...but to clarify the storyline.

Like I said in my review of this game...and the series...we all have different taste. And I would never exspect anyone...to not try a game for themselves. Decide if you like or dislike it. I like it alot! I get it. It's a very different storyline and there is absolutely NO handholding what's so ever. You either love it or not. And that's o.k!

I respect everyone's reviews on everygame. Demo every game for yourself and decide if you like it or not. I like this series alot! To those who don't...I hope today brings you a game you enjoy.

Between your review and this post you said it all for me, also!

I liked it a lot and used a PCC knowing it was going to be short because I don't get a game for its length but whether or not I have fun playing it! I did this one, except for the last mini game as I do have arthritis in my right hand and had to skip it!

Everyone looks for different things in a game, that's what makes it fun!

BK

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 16, 13 7:21 PM
BearKat wrote:
LovetoMissLisa wrote:In regards to my review of this game: I am not being sarcastic or humorous. I really like this series. If you go back and read the reviews on "Between the Worlds II" you will see the same complaints about the game being to short and not understanding it. I get this game. I think the developers should have put II & III together...not just for a longer length...but to clarify the storyline.

Like I said in my review of this game...and the series...we all have different taste. And I would never exspect anyone...to not try a game for themselves. Decide if you like or dislike it. I like it alot! I get it. It's a very different storyline and there is absolutely NO handholding what's so ever. You either love it or not. And that's o.k!

I respect everyone's reviews on everygame. Demo every game for yourself and decide if you like it or not. I like this series alot! To those who don't...I hope today brings you a game you enjoy.

Between your review and this post you said it all for me, also!

I liked it a lot and used a PCC knowing it was going to be short because I don't get a game for its length but whether or not I have fun playing it! I did this one, except for the last mini game as I do have arthritis in my right hand and had to skip it!

Everyone looks for different things in a game, that's what makes it fun!

BK

BearKat: Thank you! I'm so glad your enjoying the game like myself. I really like all the puzzles and hog scenes. The graphics are really beautiful!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jan 16, 13 8:17 PM
Is that all there is? That is the shortest game I have ever played... thanks for the free game BF aka: the demo. I was shocked when the credits started rolling.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jan 16, 13 8:19 PM
THANK YOU BF FOR GIVING US A FREE GAME..................................WE DESERVE IT......................AGAIN THANK YOU

Kamille_59
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Kamille_59 on Jan 17, 13 1:08 AM
Just like LovetoMissLisa and BearKat, I am the one who also greatly enjoyed the whole series and this part in particular.

I adored the graphics of this game to a great extent. I appreciated the puzzles and HOS. I do not think all the puzzles were that easy: some of them really deserved effort.
And I admired the plot, although without having played Between the Worlds II I guess it is hard for some to get in the game completely.

As the say, different games for different tastes...

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Jan 17, 13 5:39 AM
Its more HOS than the other 2 series. Its still fun and mini puzzles were ok, scenery was beautiful, things were ok to find, I need a walkthrough with the navigating the boat in order to get the buoys mini game, I sank the ship 5x and gave up and used skip.

Its worth a free stamp, but those that like something more may be disappointed, as its almost 90% HOS with good graphics

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jan 17, 13 5:43 AM
we must admit, this game is short.-----------doug & lisa

[Post New]by KeeLee_71 on Jan 18, 13 10:30 AM
I hate to say it but this is probably the worse game I've ever played. It was too SHORT and way too EASY even on the HARD mode. I played it in less than the 1 hour trial. Don't waste your money. Just download the trial and you're all set!

Horrible Game!

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Jan 20, 13 12:15 AM
My review is based on the full game and I use the term "full" loosely.

I was absolutely shocked by this game. The length of this game was downright ridiculous. It wasn't a game, it was more like one chapter out of a normal game. Also, the interface was a bit annoying. It's set up like a standard HOG with the inventory bar and hint button, but it doesn't play like one. I had no idea what I was doing at first. I kept completing Hidden Object Scenes, but no items were added to my inventory. Most of the time when you travel to another scene, you have to move diagonally, so that was a bit offputting. I played on Easy Mode and the sparkles were way overdone. You only need a few sparkles or glints, but with this it filled about a 1/4 of the screen, At first, I got stuck with the oil can and control panel and couldn't figure out what to do. The Hint system is idiotic. When I clicked on Hint, it directed me to the control panel under the bridge. Well, I knew I had to do something with the control panel. The purpose of the Hint is to tell me how to do it. Also, if the Hint directs you to another scene, you have to wait for it to recharge and that's a no-no. When it sends you to a new scene, it's supposed to remain charged. One nice thing was that instead of a diary or journal, everytime you pick up a note, the professor pops up and tells you something, then the screen disappears. So you can't call it back up again, but you don't really need to.

Once I got the hang of the game it was a breeze. In a nutshell, this is how the game works. You have to acquire power before you can even attempt to solve a puzzle. You gain power by completing HOS. There are also 4 gauges with colored lights around the inventory tray. 2 on the left and 2 on the right, above and below the tray. I had no idea what they were at first and it seems only 1 or 2 of them actually displayed anything. You have to light up a gauge with all green lights and then you have enough power to do something. You also pick up an item here and there along the way. Then you apply the item to the puzzle to unlock it, complete the puzzle, take a mode of transportation to the next scenario and repeat. Aftre doing this 4 times. you go back to the original scene, solve the final puzzle, and the game is over. The entire game took me about 1 hour and 15 minutes to complete.

It could have been a pretty good game, if it were much, much longer. Two thumbs down and I rate it a 3 out of 10.

Edited on 01/20/2013 at 12:18:53 AM PST

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jan 20, 13 7:38 PM
cbtx wrote:This game doesn't measure up at all to the previous entry in the series.

Unfortunately, it looks quite old. Probably isn't, but sure looks that way. Graphics have a foggy look to them, lack sharpness, and colors are bland.

HOS feature very tiny objects with no pay-off to them. You don't collect anything to use later----you're just doing it to gather "strength". Then you sometimes have to gather objects in the main scene with no idea why.

The story is not well presented----just drop in and start hunting.

The puzzles are either overly difficult or overly simple.

But the biggest drawback is the length of the game----VERY, VERY SHORT. Some have finished the game in less than the demo time. Not good. I usually prefer quality over quantity, but this is ridiculous. And unfortunately, this game has neither quality or quantity. Quite substandard.

Very dated game play, extremely short, third in the series dumbed down to very easy HOG's. Extremely disappointed. I also wasted a game coupon on this tremendously poor sequal. Totally agree with everything said above.

Rai78
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Rai78 on Feb 16, 13 12:45 PM
Worlds worst point and click game. I never write reviews and yet felt the need to explain just how awful this game is. I loved the second Between the Worlds so I got the third. I didn't bother looking for the objects as they stood out like a sore thumb. You could just click on every object which stood out and clear a level in about 3 minutes flat. The puzzles were either so simple my 5 year old could have completed them or so unbelievably dull I felt like I was stuck in my worst boring nightmare! Don't bother with this game. As an avid adventure, hidden object fan i can safely say this game has no redeeming features and would say don't waste your money!!!

chrmn2k
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Reviews for Between the Worlds III Trial Only.

[Post New]by chrmn2k on Mar 11, 13 4:39 PM
Good attempt at a new storyline. Great graphics. Quick Hint refills on Easy. I was ready to buy Between The Worlds II and III, but won't purchase either one. Version III lasted under an hour! Hidden Objects were easy and done well. Little to no real activity. Some mini games are not new. Some are unique in a HOG, like the Sharpshooter game with different approaching enemies to shoot dead. It got boring because it was so easy, so I ended up skipping it just to move the game along. Why waste your money if you don't finish it that quickly, and then, find yourself with a game that will probably last another 10-15 minutes? I liked the "Trial", but can't recommend this short game.

Go to: