TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

Re:Group play for Nancy Drew: The Final Scene starting 19th January - All welcome to join!

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jan 19, 13 5:41 PM
Thanks, Harlequen. I look forward to playing the game with all of you. I might start it tonight but probably will by tomorrow. Trying to finish up a game now so I can concentrate on this one. Have a great weekend!

ogrprincs
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Re:Group play for Nancy Drew: The Final Scene starting 19th January - All welcome to join!

[Post New]by ogrprincs on Jan 19, 13 6:22 PM
Good evening my fellow fishies,I haven't started the game yet.I hope to get to it later tonight.I'll check back when I start,so you'll know and can judge when I might pop in for help.Thanks for the encourgement.I am looking forward to this game.As I have said before I get lost easy in these kind of games.

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on Jan 19, 13 6:53 PM
I have onlly played two ND games so far. That was Secret of the Scarlet Hand and The Haunted Caroseul. I loved them but did get stuck a lot. I have only played a few other adventure games like Tex Murphy Martian Memorandum, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father and a few others.

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Jan 19, 13 7:44 PM
IIstjohn, sorry but I forgot to Welcome You to the Group Play. Have finally played a little, so IIstjohn, if You ** look at the other end of the room, there are some robes, see what You can do with them **

ogrprincs, Welcome to the Group Play too, hope that You'll have fun, sorry not to be around after this, I'm Eastern time, so it's 10:40 PM My time and it's time to go to bed, so I'll see You all tomorrow.

Nighty

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Jan 20, 13 6:35 AM
Great to see you joining the group play llstjohn, TeresaRollen and ogrprincs. I have added you all to the players list. Hope you enjoy the game and the group play.

TeresaRollen - Oh how exciting! Good luck to your niece. The great thing with the grop play thread is that if you do need to put a game on hold, or aren't able to join in at the time - the thread is always there for later and chances are the questions you may want to ask or things you are stuck on have already been asked by someone else!

Well i finally managed to squeeze a little game time in. Not really achieved much yet, had a good wander around though so far and picked up a few things. Will be going back in very soon.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Jan 20, 13 9:17 AM
Well I am completely stuck right now, which didn't take too long did it!

I'm in Day 1 and appear to have exhausted all searches and conversations, though I know I am missing something! ** I managed to get in the basement and break the machine spoken to everyone but know they won't talk to me. I seem to have lost Nick from the lobby though and County Records have lost the blueprints! ** So made some progress but now at a complete loss of what to do.... hmmmm off to think some more!

ETA: Moving on again now, yay!!

Edited on 01/20/2013 at 10:23:41 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jan 20, 13 12:46 PM
Hey, popla...have you tried to call *** your friends ? ***.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 20, 13 1:25 PM
Hi everyone Teressa congrats or soon to be, as that's great news!

marianne - where are you in the game? You're quiet

Just starting day 2 at least day 2 seems easier as I know my way around. I think I just take 6 times as long as I always end up in circles at the beginning of ND games, my sense of direction is BAD!

It has just taken me a while to realise re phone number on day 2 *that the one you get on the piece of paper at beginning of day 2 you have to insert a 1 in front of it! *

Has anyone died yet? I'm disappointed as haven't discovered any second chances yet.

Edited on 01/20/2013 at 1:27:19 PM PST

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Jan 20, 13 1:29 PM
gingergal - I just read your spoilers from eariler as I have moved on quite well now and I am soooo glad I'm not the only one to have been ** searching for some kind of code for the safe puzzle! I spent quite some time looking for one. ** I also agree about ** not having to go to bed or change the clock constantly in order to progress like we did in Treasure in the Royal Tower. **

marianne - You know, I actually always forget to do that! I am being a big girl today and playing senior though, so it probably wouldn't work so well.

I have made good progress today, and I am now part way through Day 2! Love the ND games and always find it hard to stop once I start playing!

ETA: rofl gingergal no second chances for me yet either! It took me a while to figure that out too about the phone. However it also took me a while to figure out that ** the numbers that you get are added to the phone book along with Ned and Bess's numbers too (in the dialogue box) **

Edited on 01/20/2013 at 1:36:53 PM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jan 20, 13 1:54 PM
YAY made it till day 2 ! Probably should go back to Holmes now for a bit
I did manage to trigger a 2nd chance on day 1 * I tried to get the cogwheel and leaned to far over the balcony: not a good idea! *

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 20, 13 2:08 PM
popla - That was me yesterday, couldn't stop!

Re phone *numbers mine still only shows bess and Ned. It doesn't show the one that was on the napkin and I've spoken to her but the good old paper and pen comes in handy! I keep trying to phone the garbage man for some reason and no answer and my friends been kidnapped! *

It also took me ages on day 1 to find someone in *the projection booth just kept missing it, didn't even know it was there for ages, just found it by chance*

Re press *conference, couldn't find out where they were actually talking from, it wasn't the office, it was spooking me out. *

Thanks to your site I realise that this one doesn't have any achievements, so I'm not trying do do weird stuff lol but I do love achievements!

CFG - Oh I want to go and do that now, I love second chances (as long as I don't make it into 10 and 11 chances )

Edited on 01/20/2013 at 2:10:10 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 20, 13 2:15 PM
gingergal wrote:CFG - Oh I want to go and do that now, I love second chances (as long as I don't make it into 10 and 11 chances
Have you played ND: The Haunting of Castle Malloy? The **chemistry** puzzle at the end of that gave me about 50 chances!

Edited on 01/21/2013 at 1:30:38 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jan 20, 13 3:05 PM
I'm just going into Day 3. I haven't had any Second Chances and I haven't found the puzzles too difficult. The hardest part for me so far was how to *** contact the police. *** I kept calling the *** numbers listed and getting a recorded message that I was calling a wrong number. *** It took me ages to figure it out.

I still haven't figured out the *** code *** for the gizmo in *** Simone's purse. ***

I'm really enjoying this game. I like a good story.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 20, 13 3:29 PM
Mr Russ - That game and that puzzle yes, I think that constitutes the 50 chances! The only other game that I've had more with is seven seas.

It's a recent thing, I just like to 'get' all second chances - just once! So it's sort of like an achievement - OK a weird one. I couldn't get the one that CFG says *but as I've picked it up that may be why* still haven't found any.

Day 2 spoilers whited out so don't read spoilers if you haven't played day 2

Marianne
- I've just finished day 2 (is it me or was that quick?) *I haven't tried the code either for her thing in the bag * spoiler or it might not be as I could be way off as why would it lol* I hope with me writing down all the info on all the paintings in the hall I get to use it! It could be in one of them? *but that's a job for tomorrow as it's a good place to leave it.

I love reading about tricks *in the book in the room where the pizza was* always wondered how they did some tricks. And you should have seen me in game play going back and forth with the cages on the stage as was trying to figure out how there was steps down and realised it's mirrors? The old saying "they do it with mirrors" I suppose is true! I just can't figure it out though as if you walk past the mirror surely you would see it? Thought that was clever. Love reading about Houdini!*

General tip if anyone is stuck which is the same with all ND games, just keep going back and forth talking to people and I think especially in day 2 this is true *as you might have talked to someone too soon so keep going back and forth.* Also in day 2 *when you come across the blue book write down the info!*

Edited on 01/20/2013 at 3:31:11 PM PST

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Jan 20, 13 3:33 PM
gingergal - phone ** My bad, just had a look and you are right, that number isn't added at all! I also keep phoning number that get no answer no idea why as they are obviously not needed! **

Press ** conference was held outside I think and the office/ticket booth is right at the front of the theatre. So you could hear it.**

marianne - ** there is a clue to the code in Simone's purse**

Just found my first second chance! I think I am quite ahead so don't look if you don't want to know ** I got electrocuted! oops **

Well I just keep turning the game on I'm part way through Day 3 now. Guess my detective juices are flowing!

ETA: We keep cross posting gingergal! Regarding CfG's second chance, think you right ** don't think you can do it once you have the gear**

Also forgot to say I love the achievements too! I'm glad they started adding them in. There are a number of games before the achievements were introduced where you earn a 'title' at the end depending on the things you do within the game. Not sure which game that starts with though.

Edited on 01/20/2013 at 3:40:21 PM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jan 20, 13 4:31 PM
I'm stopping for the night, but tomorrow I will begin to make a *** key. *** Hmmm...I have gone back two more times to the ***purse to search for a clue and *** and still haven't figured it out. So I'll have to have another go at it.

ogrprincs
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by ogrprincs on Jan 20, 13 6:53 PM
Hey all my fellow players.This why I don't play these games.I am stuck.I found the basemant with a little looking.Figured out the basemaen puzzel,both of them.I am not at the gears,but I do not have any gears and the game will not let me back out.I don't mind stating over as I am not that far in.HELP PLEASE.I think this group play is what I need to face these games.

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Jan 20, 13 7:58 PM
ogrprincs, did You remember to close up everything before backing out? f.eks if there is a ** drawer or a lid or a door ** to be closed

** The gear box has a lid where You did theTile Puzzle, it need to be closed **

Edited on 01/20/2013 at 8:10:02 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 21, 13 7:30 AM
ogrprincs *Do you mean you didn't have the two gears before coming in and doing the two puzzles to open the gear area and now you can't back out with what Harlequen said or do you mean you put the two gears from your inventory onto the box and can't get further? You click on the silver gear to open a drawer then you get a key and a letter.*

If you haven't found the gears yet they are * 1 is in over balcony but you need two other items to get this let me know if you haven't got them and the other one you have to play a puzzle - go to the lobby and there is a console - dancing game (move a tile puzzle).*

Ok I've just started day 3 only to find out *that I can't go into Simone's purse anymore and it's assuming I've opened and found out the code so am now going to have to go reload and old game as I want to do that. I also hope that 1-2 hrs of my playing time writing down everything I saw in paintings etc is not going to be a complete waste of time. *

Re popcorn *has anyone managed to get some or find out why you can do a close up on the popcorn on the chair as I can't figure out what to do or to pick up as what's the point of the curser going red if you can't do anything?*

RE second chance *as I'm going back to an old game I'll try again to get electrocuted but if it's that metal door at the end of day 2 tried touching it but nothing happened.*

edit - All happy now found one second chance *I had tried touching the electric door but not the keypad without the rubber gloves,*

Edited on 01/21/2013 at 7:36:38 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jan 21, 13 7:32 AM
Ohhh-Ohhh...I got a Second Chance, did it again, have a 2nd Second Chance. So I need to think a bit to figure what to to do. Here's where I boo-boo'd...*** I made a key used it in the projection room with a new bulb and the police got me. *** So now, back to try again...Fight the Power !!!

Go to: