Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn technical issues here only

[Post New]by Janeypat on Jan 26, 13 8:54 AM
have played under 2 different profiles and have nothing but gliches - things missing from inventory, things staying in inventory especially anoyed when i came to do bookshelf and only 3 books showed when i know i had 4!!!!!!
in new profile (same game !) got passed this point only for the loading on next chapter freeze. Ho Hum

elmira78
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by elmira78 on Jan 26, 13 9:08 AM
I picked up the "A" key, but when I placed it in the keypad it disappeared! Not in my inventory, or on the keypad, or on the clipboard where I first found it. Also not anywhere in the scene. Judging by the other posts losing inventory items is a common problem. Since there's only 5 minutes left in my trial it's not worth uninstalling and reinstalling. I won't be buying this game until an update that fixes the glitches is available.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Jan 26, 13 9:15 AM
Too many glitches for me.
Soon as game loaded it crashed, then restarted and having same problem with not being able to continue game because it keeps loading Textures!! ??
I think I will wait until all the bugs are fixed before I purchase this one.
I wonder if the glitches are why this was not offered as a Collectors Edition? Because I see there is a Strategy Guide that is inaccesable.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Jan 26, 13 9:22 AM
I need some help from you Big Fish. After you get through the cut scene when ever you click on any object to get a better look you get thrown out of the game then it comes back and starts reloading the textures over and over again. Hope you can help me out with this so I can play the game.Thanks

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Jan 26, 13 11:03 AM
I am glad to see that I am not the only one to receive the textures loading message. Thanks for posting that for me. Just good to see I am not the only one

[Post New]by capecarol on Jan 26, 13 11:09 AM
I don't know if this is a technical issue or not. I used the flammable liquid on the bush but it said the bush wasn't dry enough to burn and that was the end of the match and cup. How do I get on the roof? The walkthrough doesn't address this scenario?

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Jan 26, 13 11:12 AM
I played the demo with no problems and bought the game. But when I got to Chapter 4 Level 3, the items I picked up did not go into the inventory (the hook and the scalpel) so now I'm stuck.

UPDATE
A few hours later...I uninstalled the game and deleted the saved game play and started over and I didn't have any problems when I got to Chapter 4, so that may be a solution for some.

Edited on 01/26/2013 at 1:27:46 PM PST

[Post New]by angela1116 on Jan 26, 13 11:48 AM
played demo everything was good got the game and now at chapter 4 nothing is showing up in inventory

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jan 26, 13 12:03 PM
Missing inventory started for me at the lab/bunker thing. Took something off the roof but it has disappeared from inventory. No way to proceed. Uninstalled - not worth the bother.

maizijane
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by maizijane on Jan 26, 13 12:04 PM
The cup is not in my inventory after clicking on it. I can go no further till I find it. Shall I reinstall?

MrsBruce32
Salmon
Salmon
2,697 Posts

[Post New]by MrsBruce32 on Jan 26, 13 12:11 PM
Played the demo for the entire hour. Purchased the game and everything was fine until Chapter 3. The cursor took on a life of its own and I was unable to continue. I shut down the computer and rebooted. Went back into the game and had all of my inventory items that I had, the hint button, the photos, the story and the menu button, but the rest of the screen was black. I exited the game and went back in and my profile name was there, but it took me back to the beginning of the game and all of my inventory items were gone too. It is as if all the time I played was erased. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Went back in and I am still back at the beginning. For me this has truly turned into a "nightmare adventure". I will wait and hope there is a fix.

nyyykfan
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by nyyykfan on Jan 26, 13 12:46 PM
My problem is that the fire extiguiser disapeared when I went to use it. I am now stuck in the elevator with the doctor. Sorry about the spelling.

whoople
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by whoople on Jan 26, 13 1:44 PM
I am at the point where you need to open the display with your access card. I try and I just get a message indicating that "I have red access. Let me in". but it doesn't. Sounds perhaps similar to the the bush not being dry enough in that I seem to be doing the right thing but the game doesn't agree.

I too had the issue with selecting the strategy guide and the game crashing when it shelled out to Big Fish web page. When I started up again, I also got the "loading textures" but as soon as I clicked on it the game came back, but I still had the problem with my card not working.

Given so many others seem to be having similar issues, I will refrain from buying the game until a fix is posted too. BTW - I am running a 64 bit Windows 7 machine with high end graphics.

jimeezlady
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jimeezlady on Jan 26, 13 2:21 PM
*sigh* Add me to the list of people with a frozen game. Purchased game 45 minutes into the demo (had NO problems or glitches) ...roughly 1 hour 20 minutes in, while loading new area of game (after underground bunker, loading screen has 2 skeleton statues holding books) FROZEN. Game froze just as I was entering the cathedral right after picking up the arrow. Used Task manager to get out of game, cleared cache and RAM then tried re-starting...Game will not load at ALL, just sits frozen at title screen with music playing...loading bar never moves.

Computer exceeds all requirements for this game and all drivers etc. are current. Currently trying to reinstall, if that fails I'm off to CS. Soooo disappointed!! LOVED the first game and couldn't wait to dive into this one!!

edit: No dice...game will not go beyond Title screen even after re-install. No option to create a new profile and I have NO idea how to delete my previous game save.

Edited on 01/26/2013 at 2:34:34 PM PST

tinsel34
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tinsel34 on Jan 26, 13 2:48 PM
I reloaded it but have a disc for the wall computer in victors room . It will not let me insert disc into wall slot.. Was a good game until this glitch ....

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 26, 13 2:59 PM
Well, I finally encountered a disappearing inventory item. I was at a point where I could not pick up a hook and line to use it on a grate. I could pick up a gun, a syringe, a cassette tape, only to be told that is the wrong item, but not the hook. So I closed the game out completely and then started the game again. I immediately noticed that my first inventory square was now blank. I was then able to use the hook and line on the grate to retrieve an item, but when I went to to a lab room to use the recorder, I realized that the now empty inventory square no longer held a cassette tape, which needs to be installed in the recorder and then used for voice identification. I closed the game out again, hoping that when I started it up again, the cassette would be there. But it's not. So, like others, I can no longer continue with the game.

ETA: Uninstalling and reinstalling the game did not correct missing inventory item.

Edited on 01/26/2013 at 3:32:20 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 26, 13 3:53 PM
sorry to hear so many tech issues.

Well after my annoying constant and different issues I had in chapter 1 (see earlier post) and then it suddenly went away in chapter 2. The only other tech issues I had was when I was trying to return into the game (which why so long?) all the inventory and side buttons went all white. When trying to get back into the game to see if it was OK again - whole screen went black and not even alt+tab+delete or excape or anything worked to get out so had to manually close whole computer.

After starting it up again and not hitting windows tab again, everything worked and no more problems.

[Post New]by katelouisa67 on Jan 26, 13 5:07 PM
I am unable to fill my cup with flammable liquid to pour on the bush. The subtitles tell me 'glug, glug, I have enough' but there is no change of description when my cup goes back in inventory, and when I move the cup to the bush the bush remains 'not dry enough' to burn with my little match.

LadyBastet
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBastet on Jan 26, 13 5:17 PM
I can't push the big red button in the elevator...am I doing something wrong?

LEOTA26
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by LEOTA26 on Jan 26, 13 5:24 PM
I had the problem of disappearing inventory when I was in quarantine, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I started over with a new profile and was able to pass the previous problem. However, when I was stuck on a puzzle trying to get out of the place, I left to look at walkthrough, and when I tried to go back to the game it froze so I closed it down. Well when I reopened the game I got a message that my profile was corrupted and deleted, which is a first for me. I was more than a little mad.

I refuse to start again until the game is fixed and it is driving me crazy as I was really liking the game and story and now have to wait to finish or never finish if it is not fixed.

I wonder if leaving and reentering the game is what is setting off the bugs?

Go to: