Re:Royal Defense is quickly turning into a Royal Pain

[Post New]by scrappingqueen on Feb 7, 13 8:15 PM
I have made it till the flying things. Nothing seems to kill them off.

I have just kept playing the game from the start and have collected as many diamonds as possible and keep upgrading the weapons that way. I have some of them maxed out.

Edited on 02/07/2013 at 8:16:26 PM PST

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Feb 8, 13 2:37 PM
Dart towers, the cheapest tower at I think 50 cost at the start, will hit fliers, nothing else will. Also, the third upgrade of darts towers gives you two good options, one that stops an enemy (green one) and one that does big damage, but the ice-trolls are immune. I've quickly worked to the final level on hard difficulty, but that one is defeating me. Have 3 stars on all the levels except that one. I just did a general upgrade, get first level of everything, then second level of everything... The first time through you don't really know which upgrades are good anyway. I repeated a couple of levels (like 1-10) that gave a lot of upgrade diamonds, but haven't seriously farmed upgrades yet. I only have 2nd or 3rd level upgrades because of my general upgrade method, at the moment, but I get tons of diamonds playing (and losing) the last level (of the second campaign), about 40 depending on how far I get.

If you get that far, fully upgraded cannons (1 or 3 barrels) also can hit air, but you generally need the darts early on.

Edited on 02/08/2013 at 7:52:58 PM PST

[Post New]by andyg_13 on Mar 4, 13 7:23 PM
The top upgrade of cannons is a sniper tower. This will kill flying enemies very quickly.

I'm still stuck on the level 17, where I start with no towers and no money. I've clicked start quickly, tried killing things with spells, and I can get a few dart towers, However, two towers can't take out all the wyverns and wolf riders that come at me. Still stuck on this one.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Mar 5, 13 7:57 AM
I already answered this question about Forgotten Fields level 17 in the discussion “level 17 HELP” a bit later in this forum.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Apr 9, 13 8:44 AM
I just wanted to add my two cents here because this thread is very, very, very biased.

I did not find this game overly difficult at all. I did not find it unenjoyable or any of the negative things being said in this post here.

I played through and I have done just fine - I've gotten through all but level 17 I think it is on both easy & the regular mode and am now up to around 6 or 7 on Hard mode. And I've really enjoyed the weeks that I have put into getting thus far.

So if anybody has read the posts right here & thought that they'd not buy the game, or play it or whatever, please reconsider. The whole tone of this thread feels so wrong that I had to say something.

Go to: