cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Re:Reviews for Grim Tales: The Stone Queen

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on May 3, 13 9:13 PM
Have to agree with what was written about the game. I also did not like the part that you had to more or less figure out what they were telling you when you had to hit the hint button.Overall a beautiful game that I really enjoyed.

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Jun 29, 13 4:15 PM
All in all it was a pretty good game. I don't think I enjoyed it as well as the other Grim Tales in the series, but I would say it's a good purchase.

The graphics (as usual) were spectacular. Fine attention to color and detail. The voiceovers and storyline were good also. The map is interactive and is essential as there is a lot of quick jumping from scene to scene. The Hint button filled quickly and was quite helpful when I got stuck.

There were times that I had so much inventory that I got lost and had to use the Hint button to guide me. However, this does lend a complexity to the game and will appeal to expert gamers.

Most of the mini puzzles were solvable. I did find a few that I could not figure out at all and the instructions were quite nonexistent.

I had a couple of glitches while playing. When giving light to the mole, the game froze. I had to ctrl+alt+del to close it down. Also, a monkey stole my goblin before I could smash the rock orc. Luckily he still showed up in my inventory and I could use him. If he hadn't been there, there would have been no way to finish the game. At the finish of the game, I had two "objectives" to solve. However, these "objectives" had already been solved and just never disappeared. It could have been left over from the game freezing. Don't know.

SPOILER: At one point, Brandon stated that he had been in love with the Stone Queen since he was a child. Why don't I remember the Stone Queen being mentioned in a previous game?

[Post New]by partyofthree on Jun 30, 13 2:51 PM
Really nice long game for a SE but I was taken aback when it ended and the map showed I had more to do..oh well. Maybe that part is continued in CE

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Mar 3, 14 1:46 AM
layzeedaisy wrote:I see some mixed reviews here but I found the game thoroughly enjoyable all the way through.

The map for jumping from place to place was not just a big help - it was essential !!

The graphics were superb as usual, expect nothing less from this dev.

A good mix of HO scenes and puzzles, and not too many of either. This makes for a nice change because some devs pack too many of each into a game just to fill it up and make the time.

The hint button got a fair amount of use but it was very helpful and filled quickly.

Very pleased I bought this game.

Go to: