Re:Post any Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn technical issues here only

[Post New]by ferfer on Feb 7, 13 12:35 PM
Thxs Tokoro. I was able to finish playing the game. The next day it started up and played. I am assuming computer need to be rebooted to eliminated that fatal error message. Duh! Do not know why did not try that at the time

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 8, 13 3:16 AM
Great to hear ferfer!

I love to see a simple fix working out.

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Srutko1226
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Srutko1226 on Feb 8, 13 10:33 AM
I was enjoying this game although some of the puzzles were challenging. I deleted the first download and loaded the new fix from Feb 1. I got almost to the end of the game where there is a puzzle lock to open the doctor's office. I couldn't figure it out so I used the skip button and the lock puzzle realigned itself but I can't get into the office. i can move around but can't progress.

I really want to know how this ends but I am not sure I want to have to play from the beginning seeing as I already did that once.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 12, 13 4:12 AM
Hi Srutko1226,

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

You could also try updating some of the components that help run your game in case the computer is having some trouble loading the next scenes fully. The advice in the following help article will help you to do that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If neither of these tips help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 02/12/2013 at 4:13:16 AM PST

moetoole
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by moetoole on Feb 15, 13 9:06 PM
"spenny1

Clownfish
899 Posts
Treehouse cupboard puzzle

by spenny1 on Feb 3, 13 2:09 PM
I completed this correctly a few times (by going in and out of it), but got no reaction from the game. I hit skip, and nothing changed on the screen before the cupboard popped open. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem?"

I had this same problem.. finished it so that all the letters were used, when I finished. but nothing happened.

shanyem
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by shanyem on Feb 16, 13 7:13 PM
I was was at the point in the game in which I had to gather 'buttons' for a keypad. I got the last letter 'A', went to the keypad, put it in it's place - it disappeared. I put in the keycard anyway...said I was missing a part. The hint pointed me to the same place. I uninstalled and re-installed the game. I STILL have no 'A' and now I no longer have a keycard...AND it looks like I never put it in the slot.
Help?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 19, 13 4:59 AM
Hi shanyem,

As you have already uninstalled and reinstalled this game, it sounds like this is something our Tech Support could help you with.

Creating a new player profile could help also, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If you would prefer not to take such a drastic step, please reach out to Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page. They will be happy to have a closer look at this for you!

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

scalad
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by scalad on Feb 23, 13 1:26 AM
So has it been fixed yet?

puzzgamer1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by puzzgamer1 on Feb 24, 13 4:27 PM
This game truly a 'Nightmare'! Re-downloaded several times and still it has problems. Black/blank areas durning play---messages that says profile has corrupted files--items disappear from inventory. I'm done with it.
Had no trouble with the first in this series but this one...well, pffui. Ticks me off-the Trial ran fine....but since buying it and trying to run it -well, it's a loser. Not even going to bother tech support..i'm sure they're busy trying to answer the same questions and complaints from others on this game.

[Post New]by LydiaBlack on Feb 28, 13 5:06 AM
I loved the first Nightmare Adventures but this one, I've just had too many problems. My girlfriend was playing it on her computer and a set of keys she needed disappeared from her inventory. Got to a puzzle in the game, had it right, but the game would not accept it. Then I was playing it on my computer but when I opened it this morning the game shut down as soon as I clicked play. Upon reopening it, I was told that one of my profiles had a fatal flaw and had to be deleted. After making it half way through the game, I'm not starting over again.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Mar 4, 13 8:50 PM
I reinstalled the game after I got a message that said I had a corrupt profile and was dumped back to the beginning where I had to start all over. And now I get missing inventory items - the cup from the dumpster disappeared and now I can't proceed. This is getting beyond frustraring - I hardly ever run into technical issues with games. With this game it's one thing or another. How disappointing!

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Mar 15, 13 9:39 PM
I'm not having the serious problems other fishies are having but suddenly my HINT Button stopped lighting up. It still gives hints but I have no idea when I can use it except I can guess that enough time has passed.

This has never happened to me before.

As I am finding this game very challenging and difficult I would like to have a Hint Button that actually tells me when I can use it for a hint. I don't know which chapter I am currently playing; I'm trying to escape the facility (I think). I've finished with Agent Gomez and she appears to be finished, too. Maybe one of the witches got my Hint Button?

cherbando
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Dragging cursor

[Post New]by cherbando on Mar 23, 13 10:55 PM
Is anyone having a problem with the cursor dragging and stuttering? I read through all the issues in this forum and I didn't see anyone else with this problem
I am getting so annoyed at always being told to uninstall/reinstall and send a Dr.Felix report. Obviously, this game has built in issues that should have been corrected before distribution.Perhaps releasing a new game every day is not such a good idea. I would rather wait and be sure the game runs right. I'm just saying........

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Apr 12, 13 3:45 AM
moetoole wrote:"spenny1

Clownfish
899 Posts
Treehouse cupboard puzzle

by spenny1 on Feb 3, 13 2:09 PM
I completed this correctly a few times (by going in and out of it), but got no reaction from the game. I hit skip, and nothing changed on the screen before the cupboard popped open. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem?"

I had this same problem.. finished it so that all the letters were used, when I finished. but nothing happened.

I have the same problem as moetoole and spenny. Did the puzzle with no leftover letters and nothing happened. Left the screen and went back in and had to do puzzle all over again and did it correctly and still nothing happened. I had to hit skip.

peggyanne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by peggyanne on Apr 14, 13 3:46 AM
This getting beyond a joke as this is the second game today that has crashed,Its making me nervous about even downloading trials anymore let alone purchasing,my computer is all up to date so why ?.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Apr 14, 13 9:41 AM
I hit the play button and the cursor stuck there. When I tried to leave a pop up said I had a corrupt file and deleted it. I lost all of my progress. I was in the last chapter too and now have to restart it from the beginning. I just can't bear to do that right now since I'm so upset.

[Post New]by DarkBaneX on Jun 25, 13 11:14 AM
If you are still experiencing items going missing after you pick them up.. You can edit your profile and put them BACK in your inventory. I was freaking out because I picked up the acid to kill one of the creatures and it never entered my inventory. uninstall and re-install did nothing. Go into your [WindowsAccount]\AppData\Roaming\Ghost Ship Studios\The Turning Thorn.. and copy your profile to your desktop. In my case it was 2.DAT. Open it with Notepad.. I didn't mess around in here too much.. But under inventory items.. I copy pasted something in my inventory and then changed the name to the missing item. There is a list of all items in the current scene under the inventory of things you picked up. For example scene_acid was under itemspickedup...So I added acid 1 under inventory. and BAM it was back in my inventory and I continued on.

Please make sure you save a copy of the original in case of corruption. This helped me not lose my mind and enjoy a GREAT game.

Hope it helps someone! Like it did me!

[Post New]by DSchouviller on Aug 21, 13 8:54 PM
On chapter 4, level 3 I could not put the objects into my inventory so of course could not get out of the room. I tried re-installing game but do not feel like going all the way through this game to have this happen again.

[Post New]by 186FleetStreet on Jan 1, 14 9:55 AM
I played up to the point where you have to do the three-eyed aliens puzzle. Halfway through completing the puzzle, my game crashed. I went to try to pick up where I left off in the game, but the game crashes as soon as I try to open it up again from the BFG Game Center.

I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it, but had the same prober after the reinstall. (Both instances were after the February 2013 bug fix.)

[Post New]by CelticLark on Jan 29, 14 8:20 PM
It looks like this thread is pretty old but I'll give it a try. I posted my issue as it's own thread in this forum but after reading the walk-through here on BF and seeing a video walk-through on YouTube for the part I'm having trouble with, I'm starting to suspect that I'm experiencing a glitch instead of being a at a point where I need a hint. Here is what is going on:

I'm trying to get the bush outside the elevator to burn and it won't accept the flammable liquid. I have the cup of flammable liquid and the burning match. When I try to put more liquid in the cup, it says, "Glug, glug, glug... I have a full cup" or something to that effect. When I try to pour the liquid on the bush, it says, "Delicious... shrubbery nectar? Nah." as if I'm trying to put the bush in an empty cup. And when I try to use the match afterwards, it says something that hints that I need to put something flammable on the bush to make the match work.

I think that the game isn't recognizing that the liquid is in the cup. How do I get this fixed? I haven't had any problems with the game so far and the first one played beautifully. Please help!

Edited on 01/29/2014 at 8:21:14 PM PST

Go to: