LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Re:Has anyone finished this game?

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Feb 13, 13 11:12 AM
I too am stuck in Pearl Archipelago. Getting pretty frustrated like others have mentioned. I wish there was the ability to replay a hand instead of having to play through the whole thing before you can start over.

Looking forward to an update and I am also enjoying the game.

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Feb 13, 13 1:22 PM
I finally beat Pearl Archipelago (just failed Dead Man's Point, though). I like the fact that I can choose another location to work on rather than do the same one over and over again. What finally got me through Pearl Archipelago were a whole lot of cannonball purchases as well as the 7X purchase. I'd wait for a long sequence of cards, then shoot one on the end, allowing me to scarf up 5 or more cards at once. That gave me the perfects as well as the money.

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Feb 13, 13 1:40 PM
Sherry_Rose, my heartful congrats because I still cannot beat it. I have started working on other areas of the map to assist.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Feb 13, 13 10:44 PM
Oh thank goodness, good to know that there might be an update to this game. It is Frustration with a capital F.....especially when you get a hand with cards like 6,6,6,6,6,8,8,8,8,8,6,6,6,6,6,5,5,5 on and on and on .....it's enough to make a person cry

I can understand that you want to make the game a challenging one, but it shouldn't be to the point of utter frustration. If a person plays a hand repeatedly, say 4 or 5 times, maybe the 6th time should be easier for the person to succeed. I thought Chronicles Of Emerland last level was difficult but this one takes the cake and it's not even the last level.

Please, devs, do not make a person utterly frustrated. 30,000 gold is not easy to get. I love your "Avalon Legends Solitaire" but it was never as frustrating as this new game. It makes me want to cry

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 15, 13 10:58 PM
I too managed to beat "Pearl Archipelago", and was able to get the required 30.000 gold and the 3 or 4 Perfects, even before I was finished with that level. And because I started the game again, I beat it twice. But it is a tough one.

BTW, the level that comes right after this one is just as difficult.

And... yayyy... there is an updated version available. Will see if the deck will give us better cards from now on. LOL

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Feb 16, 13 8:50 PM
Hi Roman_ANAWIKI, and thanks for a great game! I think I am almost finished and have had a wonderful time (for days). I am surprised because I am not fond of pirate games but I ignore that and love playing the game. It was confusing in the beginning because it was so colorful and the cards are certainly different but I am used to it now and enjoy it so much.

lostboy516
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by lostboy516 on Feb 17, 13 1:22 PM
Roman_ANAWIKI wrote:Hi Valdy, thank you for your support. Yes, I hear your pain when it comes to repeating cards in deck. We took that into consideration for update (as well as ability to repeat the last played level). Hopefully this will make the game even funnier

Yay! I really want to repeat single games rather than have to redo a whole level...

How are updates announced?

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Feb 17, 13 2:30 PM
Congrats, Valdy on finishing Pearl A! I am jealous.

I have very happily downloaded the update and I hope it will be an improvement and maybe I will be able to finish some of the other levels.

Many, many thanks to the devs for listening and integrating our responses. That is a sign of a developer willing to listen, adapt and make their games better and their customers happy!

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Feb 17, 13 8:47 PM
I have finally conquered Pearl Arch. but am having a terrible time with Merry Brigand and of course the other one that is locked Malestrom. I have to quit because of a headache and will probably be back at it tomorrow. I have a terrible time with those shakey ones and i usually get the three things and sometimes the large runs but not often. Am I doing something wrong? It was almost easier to have my two knee replacements and I am 76 yrs old!

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Mar 8, 13 7:16 PM
Well, since I started this topic, I thought I should report that I did finish the game. I had downloaded the first patch, so I was getting black screen occasionally and also was losing money between hands. After I got my graphics card update (thanks, Big Fish!), the black screens disappeared. The stage money loss was still there (e.g., Crescent Reef 3/10 = $22,078; 4/10 = 13,949). But I was able to make up for that problem and finish the game.

I don't know if these tips will work for everyone, but I didn't buy all of the power-ups on the island. I especially didn't buy the one that shows all possible moves. Other people said that the hole card constantly flashed and was annoying. The power-ups that helped me were: ability to "see" the next card in the hole; 7X multiplier (you really do need this one as it multiplies your winnings 7 times, allowing you to get a good money score without getting a "perfect"); the "lucky" power-up; the ability to clear 4 cards; and the ability to clear 4 (?) cards blocking the "tools" card.

Another really helpful thing was to keep as much money so as to buy cannonballs. They can be used tor taking out the last card(s) and mainly for getting long combos to get to your 7X multiplier and for achieving long combo objectives.

In all, it's a great game, and I'm probably going to play it all over again as soon as the next fix is available.

Sherry in Oregon

Edited on 03/08/2013 at 7:18:50 PM PST

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Mar 25, 13 6:56 PM
Well, I finally finished the whole game and I really enjoyed it. I want to thank the devs. for the updated version because I had no more issues with it and it played smoothly for me. I love this game because you can use cannonballs to clear the cards instead of having to buy specific wild cards.

This is one game that I would highly recommend.
I give it

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Mar 28, 13 1:47 PM
Whew! I finally finished the game!! I guess I wasn't paying much attention to things other than finishing levels and buying things as soon as I could afford them. I failed to notice the cannon accumulating the cannonballs and before I knew it, I had a total of over 500 and didn't buy any of them. lol I stuck with the game and never ;had to ration cannonballs because I had gathered them for days and days. Then along came a sea monster and and took All of them in one swoop, along with gold. I kept on sailing away and eventually got many more because I had to repeat lots of levels mainly after playing for a long time. As you can see by the date, I have been playing this game for months because it will soon be April, Easter is Sunday in just 3 days. Oh well, that's what retirement is all about isn't it? Having fun and so things take much longer when we are older. Anyhow, I finally finished and some days I played all day. Now I have to start paying more attention to hubby and see that he eats etc. lol Raise the flag for BF and the developers! And I never did like pirates! lol

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Apr 12, 13 12:20 PM
AAAKKKKK....only seven levels to get the achievements and repeated cards again and again and again...you can't ever get to the end. I am deleting it again since it is impossible. I have downloaded every update and the game still has problems....

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on May 29, 13 3:53 AM
I am at the end of the game...on the last round of the level and then the locked one. I have played the game twice and have gotten all perfects (using cannonballs, of course)......but, I still didn't make the $40,000 achievement....I have bought ALL the bonuses and still can't reach that amount....

Does anyone one have a helpful tip for me??? I would greatly appreciate the help!!

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Jun 7, 13 1:43 AM
Make sure to get the 7x multiplier, so make a lot of combos. That way you will get more money.

I just finished it, but it was very hard to do and took me several retries of the last couple of levels. The ending cutscene could have used some music or even sounds, it was a bit too quiet......

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Jun 8, 13 5:49 AM
It was a hard game but a lot of fun. I like a challenge and had to replay many games to move on.
The 7x multiplier is very important to have. I don't care for the " see all playable cards bonus. I do NOT want to see ahead, just takes the fun out of it and gets distracting.
I'm glad you all finished the game.....

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by romany09 on Aug 19, 13 6:40 AM
Yay! Thanks to all the great tips in the forum, I finally finished this game after owning and playing it forever! The 7X Multiplier is definitely the key, but it helps to have lots of money to buy cannon balls too. Can't wait to start it again!

[Post New]by mommahunee on Sep 10, 13 8:24 PM
Sherry__Rose wrote:
...Another thing I've finally figured out is that you can use the cannonballs as specific wild cards, not just to get rid of the last card or a card jam. For example, say you need to get a 20 card combo, and you already have 16 cards. If you see a card pattern in the displayed cards, say 2,3,4,5,6,7,6,5, you can "shoot" the 2, and it will land on your playing pile. Then you can complete your combo....

I know I'm late to the party, I just started getting interested in these card games, but this was hands down the most helpful tip I've seen for this specific game. I was ready to give up, but now I'm ready to power through!

Thank you Sherry_Rose!!

Edited on 09/10/2013 at 8:25:33 PM PST

[Post New]by midnight7 on Nov 9, 13 11:37 AM
No, I can't get past the Davy Jones Fortress. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to get 4500 gold

[Post New]by midnight7 on Nov 11, 13 12:28 PM
I would like to know how you get a 7x militplier. I only can gert 5 I can't get the last game. I am getting frustraqted Please help. thank you

Go to: