anki6969
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

Re:For BoomZap, Developers of Otherworld

[Post New]by anki6969 on Feb 4, 13 1:50 AM
MargieB wrote:I have not played the game yet, but I think that Boomzap did a great thing. Many of us loved textrekkie for the great human being that she was and all the sunshine she brought to us on a daily basis, She is dearly missed and immortalizing her name in a game is truly touching.

Kudos to Boomzap for this lovely gesture.

MargieB

That´s exactly how I feel

I miss tex

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Feb 4, 13 2:33 AM
@ Boomzap - after playing your lovely game, I was pleasantly surprised, and touched, by your dedication to textrekkie - it showed how much she was thought of, by everyone she came in touch with - even if it was only 'virtually'.

@ Hespera - welcome to the Pond, and please accept my condolences on your loss.

Jen

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Feb 4, 13 8:53 AM
Thank you, Boomzap family, for remembering our dear Textrekkie. She was a much-loved fishie and will be dearly missed.

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Feb 4, 13 10:28 AM
What a lovely thing to do BoomZap. Well Done!

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Feb 4, 13 11:30 AM
I too wish to thank BoomZap for their kind accolades to Tex. As was one tech geek to another I miss the messages Tex and I exchanged about games and life. She always had such positives about your company it seems very fitting that you would would be so kind in response.
Once again..Thank you BoomZap..

...and Tex I miss you're quick mind.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Feb 4, 13 11:53 AM
I've not been in the pond much, so losing tex is news to me. She was someone I had chatted to briefly a few times and will be missed.

Boomzap always puts out top notch games imo and I always buy them straight out once I see if they load on my computer ok, so I will be getting this one for sure. Chris, I appreciate all your team does. Thanks.

chiari_survivor
Catfish
Catfish
1,506 Posts

[Post New]by chiari_survivor on Feb 4, 13 12:07 PM
What an awesome gesture for BoomZap to pay tribute to textrekkie. Her high regard of the BoomZap games as listening to the players is shown by this touching tribute.

Thank You BoomZap!

Tex continues to touch hearts

Hespera- Thank You for posting this, it is touching that BoomZap not only was aware of your Mom, But also obviously knew her well enough to know her thoughts and comments about the BoomZap company and her thoughts on their various games. What a special company! 5

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Feb 4, 13 12:58 PM
chiari_survivor wrote:What an awesome gesture for BoomZap to pay tribute to textrekkie. Her high regard of the BoomZap games as listening to the players is shown by this touching tribute.

Thank You BoomZap!

Tex continues to touch hearts

Hespera- Thank You for posting this, it is touching that BoomZap not only was aware of your Mom, But also obviously knew her well enough to know her thoughts and comments about the BoomZap company and her thoughts on their various games. What a special company! 5

I couldn't have said it any better.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Feb 4, 13 3:06 PM
Boomzap, what a wonderful gesture for you to make! You already have many fans here in the Pond; this will surely bring you many more.

I, too, miss Tex , such a lovely lady.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Feb 4, 13 3:10 PM
cherbtoo wrote:A great tribute for a great lady by a great developer .

Thank you BoomZap.

((( Hespera )))

Absolutely!!

lyrialice
Elephantfish
Elephantfish
55,156 Posts

[Post New]by lyrialice on Feb 4, 13 4:36 PM
A wonderful memorial

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Feb 4, 13 8:17 PM
How touching and what a wonderful gesture, wow and thanks is all I can say.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 5, 13 3:28 AM
What a fitting tribute from Boomzap, it warms my heart!

bfgBaikal

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Feb 5, 13 6:26 AM
BoomZap - thank you for a fabulous game and especially for memorializing one of our own.

Hespera - so sorry for your loss - she was a wonderful lady.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Feb 5, 13 9:11 AM
BoomZap - you are a CLASS ACT. What a great thing to do. A game studio that's truly in tune with its customers.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Feb 5, 13 10:36 AM
Thank you, Boomzap, for that wonderful tribute to textrekkie. Once the bank account fills up a bit, this is one game that I will definitely be getting in thanks for your gesture.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Feb 5, 13 4:25 PM
What a kind, caring thing for BoomZap to do. Thank you. Our TexTrekkie was an incredible lady with a huge heart. I miss you, Tex.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Feb 5, 13 5:38 PM
In this day and age, for a company to do something like that - WOW! I always enjoy BoomZap games but this has just added an extra bit of shine to them. Amazing gesture from a top-class developer - I will be getting this latest from them in CE and look forward to their future offerings.

kisskeeps
Catfish
Catfish
1,508 Posts

[Post New]by kisskeeps on Feb 5, 13 10:55 PM
anki6969 wrote:
MargieB wrote:I have not played the game yet, but I think that Boomzap did a great thing. Many of us loved textrekkie for the great human being that she was and all the sunshine she brought to us on a daily basis, She is dearly missed and immortalizing her name in a game is truly touching.

Kudos to Boomzap for this lovely gesture.

MargieB

That´s exactly how I feel

I miss tex

Count me in on the kudos and the bittersweet joy. kissy xox

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Feb 5, 13 11:28 PM
I did not know textrekkie, but recognize her name from the forums. What a wonderful gesture Boomzap did! I can see from reading the posts that she was a very much loved person who is very dearly missed and I am sorry I never got to know her.

Go to: