userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

Re:Thank you from the Developers

[Post New]by userfree on Feb 4, 13 8:35 PM
How absolutely heartwarming to have the developers actually read and comment on their game; this gave me a better insight as to who they are; says an awful lot and as a consumer, most appreciated!

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Feb 5, 13 4:55 AM
Oh Valdy I am so glad you bought this CE. I agree with everything you said. Such a delightful game and being able to re-play the mini games is great.

The bonus section was so good. I only found 58 fairies so I have a good excuse to play it all over again.

Thank you BoomZap.

Linda

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Feb 5, 13 6:38 AM
WebsiteBoomzap, Sara, Christopher and everyone at BoomZap. It is so wonderful of you to drop in on us and know you care so much about your consumers and company. Sara - welcome - another wonderful game.

I love the Awakening games - they are so awesome and I remember the shock I was in when I first trialed Otherworld and thought you'd gone to the darkside. Thanks to Tex, Val, and Cherub I was convinced to play the whole game and revise my post! Mom (85) and I really enjoyed this second in the series! The Scarecrow is a riot and the mini games are a challenge. Loving it and will be purchasing ASAP!

Again thank you for lovely games!

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Feb 5, 13 7:23 AM
AS everyone has mentioned, this game really is superb. It raises the level of gaming for all developers to the joy of all of us.
Your thoughtfulness, sense of fun, darn hard work into the graphics and programing really show. This was so well thought out.
I love how you and Blue Tea keep raising the bar. This is such a win win for all involved..it reminds me of Myst and how I got addicted to this kind of game in the first place all those years ago.
Please keep working on your different series..they all have a different bent to them and are so well done.
Congradulations!
kris

manysaying
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by manysaying on Feb 5, 13 10:59 AM
Also letting the developers[u] know I totally agree with Valdy, Cherbtoo and Sea Bamboo buy your games sight unseen and YES bring on Botanica 2 , Awakenings etc THANK YOU to the team ,the whole team for our amusment.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Feb 5, 13 1:31 PM
This was a most delightful and charming game! Your year's worth of hard work has paid off most admirably. This was a lovely sequel and it's great to know there may be another sequel. The graphics were just beautiful and the puzzles unique and fun. Some puzzles were a tad difficult to understand which added to the challenge. I was most impressed and very touched that you paid tribute to our dear Textrekkie You've raised the bar for other developers. Congrats on a great game and best of luck in your future endeavors!

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Feb 5, 13 5:50 PM
So nice to see a sequel that is not a cookie-cutter version of the first game! Keep this up and this series will never get old. Love the way you kept continuity with the first one but made this one so different. Keep raising the bar like this and pretty soon it will be out of sight...............One thing I did wonder about, though; I replayed the first one when I knew this was coming out. What happened to the voice of the narrator? She had a british accent in the first game (which I loved) but suddenly she has become american? I know this is a small thing but it still niggles me............

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Feb 5, 13 6:15 PM
Tried this game and ended up buying it. The game is rich in detail and well thought out, such a pleasure to play. Knowing that textrekkie is mentioned in the credits elevates the game for me into a treasure that will stay on my game manager. Boomzap is a high class company.

ogrprincs
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by ogrprincs on Feb 5, 13 10:09 PM
As I own the other games mentioned in this thread, I can't wait to see what other great games that BoomZap comes out with.If they are up to the same par as the others,then we should have some really great games to look forward to.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Feb 6, 13 6:23 PM
I loved playing this game and found 52 of 60 fairies so am off to seek them out and play the game again I look forward to the next Otherword as well as any and all games BoomZap offers us! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Faylyn

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 6, 13 9:57 PM
Thank you so much BoomZap! What a pleasant and enjoyable game. I appreciate so very much the new and inventive puzzles you provided and the spin on the hidden object scenes! So many wonderful extras that I wish I could mention, but I'll just give and example - the game time counter! That was so awesome! I cannot tell you how much that was appreciated!

The only thing I can think of to request, is perhaps slightly more instruction on some of the puzzles. There were several that took me many minutes just to figure out what I was supposed to do! Although, I guess a case could be made for it being all part of the game! I did notice, however, in the last game, setting the table for tea...SPOILER, please highlight....that the instructions call for 6 cherries for everyone, but all 6 cherries actually go on one plate only...nitpicking, I'm sure, but provided for a few moments of frustration until I checked with the SG.

All in all a most wonderfully engrossing game!

I also noticed the mention to textrekkie and thought that was a beautifully fitting memorial! And while I did not know her, I thank you for that!

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Feb 7, 13 11:04 AM
I have just played this game for a second time, hoping to get all of the Fairies, but alas I got one less than the first time. This was such a special game and I wanted to play again anyway. So then I thought I would list all the reasons that made it so special.

Things that made me smile:
The hungry duck, that was very cross and his ridiculous hat.
The Gremlin, who we woke and then had to get him a cushion.
The Banshee wanting to give us a second round.

Characters I loved.
The Scarecrow
The wicked Pixie
The good Pixie

Details,
Just too many to list, but here are a couple
The leaf on the key ring to the greenhouse
The Dinosaur Mountain at the camp site.

Mini Games
Just about right for me

The art work was wonderful and so atmospheric the whole game was a joy.

Linda

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Feb 9, 13 4:37 AM
Boomzap is the best!! I just started this game and have been playing for one hour straight (very rare for me) as your game is just so interesting. I love all the different puzzles and HO scenes, very interactive and the visuals are just so charming and beautiful!

I love all your games (and personally can't wait for the next Botanica!) . AWESOME!

Kafinkee
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Kafinkee on Feb 9, 13 6:55 AM
I, too, had to buy this game after playing the demo. Terrific graphics, perfect level of difficulty for me (some puzzles near the end were frustrating but I just skipped them -- not a complaint because I don't mind doing that and I'm sure they're appreciated by those who prefer more difficult ones). Generous amount of game play -- I truly enjoyed playing every moment I spent playing it. My only complaint was having to start the game over because I used the rust remover at the trailer before the tent. When I checked the strategy guide, it showed the rust remover being used at the trailer first, too.

[Post New]by dellinindyp on Feb 9, 13 2:49 PM
I Just wanted to say thank you very much for this wonderful game, as everyone has said,, not to many HOS, the mini games great you are one of my favorite Devs. and you dont have to thank us we truly thank you very much. beautiful art work its a delight to see and to play. keep them coming;

Edited on 02/09/2013 at 2:51:23 PM PST

[Post New]by quindal on Feb 22, 13 10:59 AM
Have started the game twice with the same issues as others - no rust remover for the tool box after trailer and in the ocean, no way to go back and get the blade. Are there fixes so I don't start again and run into another silly glich?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 23, 13 5:46 AM
Hi quindal,

I am sorry that you have run into this trouble on several occasions, I really do understand how frustrating this must be for you and because I don't want you to have to start a third time and face the same issue, mu best advice would be to contact Tech Support so we can have a closer look at this for you.

Thank you for working with us,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Mar 1, 13 10:29 PM
Another lovely game. I always have to wait for a free evening to start because I play all the way through - I do *not* want to stop!

Hurrah for BoomZap!

Go to: