Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

Re:Post any Mountain Trap: The Manor of Memories technical issues here only

[Post New]by Janie42 on Feb 10, 13 7:18 AM
Don't see my game-stopping glitch reported before but:
note: possible spoilers

After successfully completing puzzle where we put lead ball into table maze, I was not given the knight upon finishing.

I can't do the chessboard puzzle without the knight, so I'm halted in progress, apparently forever.

I've restarted / redownloaded but still no knight is in my inventory.

Have sent CS a Dr.Felix report so just posting on this glitch here in case others are in same sad situation.

Depressing to the extreme...

[Post New]by kamleshsheth on Feb 10, 13 8:28 PM
Janie42 wrote:Don't see my game-stopping glitch reported before but:
note: possible spoilers

After successfully completing puzzle where we put lead ball into table maze, I was not given the knight upon finishing.

I can't do the chessboard puzzle without the knight, so I'm halted in progress, apparently forever.

I've restarted / redownloaded but still no knight is in my inventory.

Have sent CS a Dr.Felix report so just posting on this glitch here in case others are in same sad situation.

Depressing to the extreme...

[Post New]by kamleshsheth on Feb 10, 13 8:30 PM
same problem here.. cannot proceed

smokey735
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by smokey735 on Feb 10, 13 8:58 PM
Same here. Can not proceed.Skiped the puzzle but I did not got anything.

Sandhya1
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Sandhya1 on Feb 10, 13 10:38 PM
I am unable to download this game. I am getting a Error 4.

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Feb 11, 13 12:24 AM
I am shocked and devastated! (How's that for an opening line? haha)

I found a bug in the game but before I report it I wanted to say that this was probably the best or one of the best games I have played from BFG and also one of the longest. I absolutely loved it and I will post a complete review after I finish the game.

Here is the bug I found and I will also surmise why no one else reported it here.

SPOILER ALERT:

It was towards the end of the game and I had just destroyed all 5 of Elizabeth's belongings in the green potion and saw the cutscene. As I said, I loved the game and was playing for hours, so after I did the above, I had to stop playing and get some sleep. I exited the game properly. My point is that most people would probably not stop playing at that point.

The next day when I went back to the game, that's when I discovered the bug. I was back in the room where I destroyed the belongings, but I could NOT exit the room. That is the bug. No matter what I tried I was stuck in the room and could not continue the game and that is why I was shocked and devastated because I was looking forward to finishing it so much. haha

I'm not sure, but I think if I had kept playing, I would have been able to exit the room. It is because I exited the game after this dramatic scene, that the bug occurred.

END OF SPOILER ALERT:

I am hoping there is a fix for this, otherwise I have to start the game over and hope for the best.

Thanks for listening.

Edited on 02/11/2013 at 12:39:17 AM PST

Chiefcook
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by Chiefcook on Feb 11, 13 12:27 AM
Warning Spoiler!

My problem is with the generator sheet - I completed it via a skip because when I clicked on the last 2 pieces of paper, I threw them off the table.

So I exited then restarted the game - but now I cant complete the minigame!

Update - I left the minigame area and I had the finished sheet in my inventory. Still annoying!

Edited on 02/11/2013 at 12:30:35 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 11, 13 3:28 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm definitely sorry to see so many of you having issues with the game!

Janie42, kamleshsheth and smokey735 - Welcome to the Pond you two! it sounds like maybe some files got mixed in your game! To solve this you could try to uninstall and reinstall your game to get all files back in place!

Dominick_Fontana - That sure is frustrating! It could help here to uninstall and reinstall your game as well to set it straight again. hopefully you'll be bale to continue afterwards!

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Feb 15, 13 1:42 AM
Hi, Biwa!

I did uninstall it and reinstall it, but that didn't solve the problem.

The developer very nicely PM'ed me and I truly appreciate that. They will update the game and then I'll finish it and then I'll post my review. I absolutely loved this game. It was right up my alley.

Edited on 02/15/2013 at 1:44:49 AM PST

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 15, 13 10:50 AM
Thanks for trying out that uninstall and reinstall of the game, Dominick_Fontana, and happy to hear that the developer is going to help with a fix!

In the meantime, it may help to write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. That way the developer will have helpful information as to how to fix the bug!

Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

Thanks and happy gaming!

bfgIzara

virago620
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by virago620 on Feb 16, 13 7:38 AM
Is there an option to switch to the system cursor? The options screen is confusing and I really dislike the large cursor. I switch to system cursor in every game that gives me that option.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 16, 13 12:03 PM
Hey there virago620,

I always switch to the system cursor as well, but for this game there doesn't appear to be that option.

I played through the whole game and didn't notice the large cursor too much though, if that's any help!

Happy gaming!

bfgIzara

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Feb 25, 13 1:15 PM
I had a problem of my game not saving properly. I had gotten into the crypt and was looking for the villian's room and had found the spell Elizabeth said had been used. I decided to quit for the nite and today when I went into the game, I was right back where I had started, watching the cut scene in the crypt and Elizabeth explaining what had happened.

Bit maddening have to redo a bunch all over again.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 26, 13 6:13 AM
Hi Simba2009,

Your game should be saving your progress as you play so it sounds like something may be wrong if the game is not saving automatically for you.

I would encourage you to have a look that the following help article which has some great advice on how to ensure your game is running correctly and set up to save as it should:

Game Not Saving

If the problems persist, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Feb 26, 13 9:15 AM
I finished the game by playing straight through to the end and it took me 3 hrs, not speedy lol but it is done. Oddly this is the first game that has done this to me. I will be checking to see how my computer is set up. Thanks BF

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 27, 13 3:14 AM
Now that's dedication!

If this issue crops up again though Simba2009 please drop us a line so we can look into this for you.

Swim strong and happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

sue2610
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sue2610 on Feb 27, 13 3:43 AM
my problem is that each time i click to go to another room or location, i get a black screen, it freezes and it takes AGES to load the next location, im am quickly losing patience with this game it is taking me so long to get from one location to the next.. is anyone else having this trouble?

Edited on 02/27/2013 at 3:44:31 AM PST

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 2, 13 10:21 AM
Hey there sue2610,

While I haven't heard too many others with freezing and black screen issues, please go ahead and make sure that the system's video card driver is up-to-date. This helps the game to play and display correctly, and may help to get that up and running.

If this doesn't help, or if you'd prefer to work with someone directly on those troubleshooting steps please go ahead and contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. They'll work with you directly to help get that sorted out!

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Mar 3, 13 10:55 AM
Couldn't even get the game to start. May uininstall and try again.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 3, 13 1:00 PM
1unicorn wrote:Couldn't even get the game to start. May uininstall and try again.

Hi 1unicorn,

I'm sorry you've had trouble launching this game.

If uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help, the next thing I'd try is checking for updates to your video card, graphics drivers and the software that handles the display aspects of the game. We go over how to do that in our help article here.

Our Tech Support Team will also be happy to take a look at what's going on and work with you directly to get everything straightened out. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 03/03/2013 at 1:00:59 PM PST

Go to: