bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Chimeras: Tune of Revenge Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 7, 13 5:53 AM
Hi Janeypat,

I would love to be able to give you an exact reason why these download issues are cropping up however, without being able to investigate further, I can only offer basic troubleshooting.

So we can look into this further, please contact Tech Support as not only will this allow us to provide you with specific help which is tailored to your machine, but also, having information on an issue filtered to that team like this, allows us to spot trends and get a sense of any bigger issues that may require our attention.

I really do understand this is frustrating for all concerned so we really appreciate you working with us on this.

Thanks again,

bfgBaikal

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:Post any Chimeras: Tune of Revenge Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Faylyn on Feb 7, 13 6:09 AM
Got to the church with the Snake Lady and Gendarme and after reading card the cursor disappeared and game froze. Will not buy until glitches are fixed.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 7, 13 6:57 AM
Hi Faylyn,

Sorry to see you had the game freeze up on you.

As some newer games are quite sensitive, needing the most update to date drivers to perform correctly, I would suggest checking the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If those steps don't work or you would like some help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Feb 7, 13 6:59 AM
Faylyn wrote:Got to the church with the Snake Lady and Gendarme and after reading card the cursor disappeared and game froze. Will not buy until glitches are fixed.
MINE DID ALSO.......I ALREADY INSTALLED THE NEW DRIVERS.............NOTHING SAME

Edited on 02/07/2013 at 7:00:02 AM PST

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Feb 7, 13 7:43 AM
No problems with download, game launches fine, but like others the movement is SO SLOW. I have turned off custom cursor and special effects and it still drags horribly. I'm on Windows Vista, all drivers up to date. Any ideas what's going on?

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Feb 7, 13 7:58 AM
kglen1 wrote:I was trying the demo and when I picked up the third card in the ring of fire, the game froze and my system cursor appeared. Game wouldn't work at all and I had to log off the computer to get out of it. Then I saw an access violation notice. Do you think uninstalling and reinstalling will do any good?

Same thing happened to me, I just restarted the game and was running fine after that.

[Post New]by dmaejohn on Feb 7, 13 8:06 AM
I played the demo and noticed that most of the time there is no music - absolute silence - and then the music will come on REALLY LOUD for a short time. I don't know if this is a technical issue or if this is just the way the game was designed? I hope not. I've noticed this problem with "cheaper" games before, but was surprised when I encountered it with this game. It's keeping me from purchasing it. To me the music affects the enjoyment of a game. Especially in a Collector's Edition I think it should be consistent.

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Feb 7, 13 8:25 AM
dmaejohn wrote:I played the demo and noticed that most of the time there is no music - absolute silence - and then the music will come on REALLY LOUD for a short time. I don't know if this is a technical issue or if this is just the way the game was designed? I hope not. I've noticed this problem with "cheaper" games before, but was surprised when I encountered it with this game. It's keeping me from purchasing it. To me the music affects the enjoyment of a game. Especially in a Collector's Edition I think it should be consistent.

No, it's not a technical issue, that's how Elephant games are designed, and I like it, makes the game more realistic for me.

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Feb 7, 13 8:26 AM
crispypot wrote:good morning to all, sorry your having problems with game, i downloaded pretty quickly this morning and the game runs very smooth , i`m on XP
hope you get it sorted very soon

That is exactly why people have alot of problems with games. XP is for games, Windows 7 is for business! ;v)

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Feb 7, 13 8:26 AM
dmaejohn wrote:I played the demo and noticed that most of the time there is no music - absolute silence - and then the music will come on REALLY LOUD for a short time. I don't know if this is a technical issue or if this is just the way the game was designed? I hope not. I've noticed this problem with "cheaper" games before, but was surprised when I encountered it with this game. It's keeping me from purchasing it. To me the music affects the enjoyment of a game. Especially in a Collector's Edition I think it should be consistent.

I have had that happen with the last few Elephant games.

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by kpajak on Feb 7, 13 9:17 AM
Same problem here, downloaded quickly, but the game is very slow and jumpy, did all the troubleshooting steps, no luck, have to wait til' it's fixed, very frustrating.

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Feb 7, 13 9:26 AM
lolaluv wrote:No problems with download, game launches fine, but like others the movement is SO SLOW. I have turned off custom cursor and special effects and it still drags horribly. I'm on Windows Vista, all drivers up to date. Any ideas what's going on?

Haha - just kidding. Found that my video driver was actually out of date; Direct X up to date. Updated video driver and ALL IS WELL.

janierae
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by janierae on Feb 7, 13 9:38 AM
Not sure this is related to this game but it has happened the two times I have installed it. It installs fine and I can play it. However, when I leave the game my computer loses its internet connection and then I cannot get it back unless I uninstall the game.

The message I get is DNS Servers not responding.

I am not very computer savvy so have no idea if this game is causing these problems with my network connection.

All I know is that it has happened twice after installing the game.

Thank you for your response.

janierae
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by janierae on Feb 7, 13 9:40 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Janeypat,

I would love to be able to give you an exact reason why these download issues are cropping up however, without being able to investigate further, I can only offer basic troubleshooting.

So we can look into this further, please contact <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support</a> as not only will this allow us to provide you with specific help which is tailored to your machine, but also, having information on an issue filtered to that team like this, allows us to spot trends and get a sense of any bigger issues that may require our attention.

I really do understand this is frustrating for all concerned so we really appreciate you working with us on this.

Thanks again,

bfgBaikal

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 7, 13 9:52 AM
Hey there Fishies,

Thanks for posting all of those issues, questions, and helpful tips.

For those of you experiencing slow game issues please be sure to check for any video card driver updates. As for Access Violations often running the game as an administrator can help the game to run properly.

If you've already tried out those steps and are still having issues with the game, or if you'd prefer some more specialized help our Tech Support Team will be happy to help!

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

Hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

MerryDaze
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by MerryDaze on Feb 7, 13 11:40 AM
No problems with downloads here...but "Got to the church with the Snake Lady and Gendarme and after reading card the cursor disappeared and game froze. Will not buy until glitches are fixed."

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Feb 7, 13 11:44 AM
Faylyn wrote:Got to the church with the Snake Lady and Gendarme and after reading card the cursor disappeared and game froze. Will not buy until glitches are fixed.

I had the exact same experience. I had to unplug the computer and then restart the whole shebang again. I have not tried the game again. Am also waiting for the glitches to be fixed.

karbuff
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by karbuff on Feb 7, 13 12:01 PM
The game is playing just fine with me at a reasonable speed, however, everytime I reach an area where there is a card to pick up (this include the church with the "snake lady") as soon as I pick up the card, the game stops, the cursor disappears and I get an error message. So far, I have just done ctrl+alt+delete, opened my task manager and ended the game through there. When I restart, it is in the same spot, and I pick up the card, and it allows me to continue on in the game until I get to the next card. Frustrating, but at least I am able to play it.

janierae
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by janierae on Feb 7, 13 1:06 PM
Not sure why but the fourth uninstall and re install and the game works fine now.

It's all a mystery to me.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Feb 7, 13 1:48 PM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you running into problems with the game freezing or crashing when you reach a certain point, it may help to first uninstall and reinstall the game. You can find more information on doing that here:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If reinstalling the game isn't helping, please let our Tech Support Team know and they'll be happy to look into that further for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Go to: