AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

Re:Post any The Invisible Man technical issues here only

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Feb 11, 13 11:00 PM
For anyone motivated to press on from this glitch:

I found that if I went back in the game and kept ignoring the HO scene and the bottom bar while moving along to click other tasks, the bar eventually changed and I was finally able to move past it.

There is no need to return to that scene and collect anything so if you can get the game to work, ignore the Hidden Object scene that causes the list bug.

If the hint button pointed in that direction, I went in the door (telegraph room) to the left of the Hidden Object scene that was causing the trouble and just kept on going. Finally I finished that whole area and was taken to an entirely different location.

There's still a glitch but, hope this helps someone else finish the game.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Feb 12, 13 1:17 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am sorry to read that more of you are having troubles with this game.

As mentionned previously by my Moderators fellas, and by sweet4grease, the help we can provide here on the Forum is basic, for in-depth support you'll have to contact our dedicated Tech Support.

Even though many of you are experiencing a similar issue, the best way for us to identify the issue and provide a resolution, is to collect as much information as possible, and this information may vary on different systems and set ups.

We would really appreciate it if you could take the time to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team, please make sure to indicate any error code you're getting.

In the meantime you could also try the tips given by AvgSpock.

chrysteen, I would encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as that normally helps.

Another tip would be to check if running a small update could help your games performance. Sometimes the trial expires because the game is unable to open and the advice in the help article here will improve your chances of the game opening.

Thank you so much for working with us.

bfgTokoro

Edited on 02/12/2013 at 1:53:18 AM PST

evaree
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by evaree on Feb 12, 13 1:43 AM
Same problem with message Panic.File: Luaman.cpp.line.245

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 12, 13 3:26 AM
Hi evaree,

Unfortunately, the Forum is not very suited to specific troubleshooting, so I would encourage you contact Tech Support attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report and specify that you are looking for help with a Panic.File: Luaman.cpp.line.245 error message.

Once of our Reps will be glad to help you out with specific instructions to tackle this error.

I hope this information is helpful and wishing you the best of luck!

bfgBaikal

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Feb 13, 13 7:47 AM
Same problem in same room with same HOS. Surely enough people have contacted Tech Support, or the moderators here see the same problem for EVERYONE and have already reported it, so we should expect a fix to be pushed out soon, yes?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 13, 13 10:41 AM
Hey there lolaluv,

Sorry to hear you're having those same issues in the HOS in the room!

You're totally right, and the more Fishies that write here in the Forums and to Tech Support the more information we'll have to send to the developer about a fix!

If you haven't already, it would be helpful if you too would write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. That way we'll have even more information about how to get through that HOS!

Thanks!

bfgIzara

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Feb 13, 13 1:14 PM
I used a free game coupon to buy this game & when it downloaded the game it would not continue with the same player but stop saying I had to buy the game. What is wrong is game, I read a lot of problems I guess I will uninstall this game & wait to you fix all the problems.

I think that you should of had someone play this game on several different computers before putting it out to the public. This has happen before & I have found that some of the games have been withdrawn & never to seen again.

Very Upset Player

PS the HO objects are way to dark for people with poor vision!!!!

Edited on 02/13/2013 at 1:16:35 PM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Feb 13, 13 2:11 PM
Hi VTCT,

I'm sorry to hear that happened. If the game is purchased, it certainly shouldn't be trying to have you purchase it again. If you'd like, you can let our Tech Support Team know that's happening and they can look into your account and ensure that everything is working properly.

Hopefully we can get you back to enjoying the game quickly!

bfgSeine

Midge3430
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Midge3430 on Feb 13, 13 2:14 PM
Will there be a fix coming for The Invisible Man?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 13, 13 3:59 PM
Hi Midge3430,

It looks like our team here is still investigating what's causing the trouble with this game. As soon as we have more information about a fix, we'll be sure to post about it here!

If you haven't already done so, please run a Dr. Felix Report for the game and send it in through our Contact Us page. These reports have the info we need to pinpoint where the issue is coming from and how best to get it addressed.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

harleyrdr
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by harleyrdr on Feb 13, 13 5:29 PM
My pc also crashes at the HOS in the physicists room. When I exit the game using task manager I receive the following error message:

Panic File: LuaMan.cpp line: 245

[string "module'g', package.seeall)..."J:817:
object.CObjectLiblmpl::preloadResources failed: object not found

The annoying thing is my cursor disappears completely from the desktop background and I have to revert to the Start screen and restart my pc from there.

[Post New]by Kathylovesles on Feb 13, 13 5:33 PM
I am having the same issue with the game freezing in the HOS game. I can go other places but the list to find things you have already found keeps going with you where ever you go. I restarted the game 3 times and it has the same issue problems at the same spot. So I deleted it and then reinstalled and still had the same problem.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 13, 13 5:43 PM
Hi Kathylovesles and harleyrdr,

I'm sorry you're running into trouble at that spot too!

If you haven't already done so, please run a Dr. Felix Report and send it in to our Tech Support Team through the Contact Us page. This info will really help us track down what's causing the issue so we can get it addressed for you ASAP.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by La_Iza on Feb 14, 13 6:47 AM
I am having the very same problem with the HOS. I, too, used my game club credit. I have tried all the possible solutions given, but I am still unable to play the game further. I feel that I should get my Game Club Credit back. I will happily uninstall the game and never use it again. I am very, very disappointed in this game

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 14, 13 10:36 AM
Hey there La_Iza,

I know how frustrating it can be when a game isn't working properly. Thanks for letting us know!

Please go ahead and reach out to our Tech Support Team about those HOS issues, and they'll be happy to help with some options for the game.

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

Thanks again and best of luck!

bfgIzara

eigus
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by eigus on Feb 14, 13 5:28 PM
this game stinks for all the tech problems it has sorry i bought it as i am tired of the game because of the problems fix it or replace it with a credit for another game

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 15, 13 3:23 AM
Hi eigus,

I am sorry that you have had so much trouble - I know how frustrating that must be for you.

So that we can work something out for you, please contact Tech Support - those folks will be happy to explore your options with you.

Thank you and hoping this helps a bit.

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by LTSallymander on Feb 15, 13 8:14 PM
The problem with the lab HO game still hasn't been fixed. I'm stuck. Everyone else is stuck. What's up? Please update from tech team. Thanks.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Feb 16, 13 2:33 AM
Hi LTSallymander,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue in the laboratory. At the moment there's no new build for this game. Even though many of you are experiencing a similar issue, the best way for us to identify the issue and provide a resolution, is to collect as many information as possible, and this information may vary on different systems and set ups. So each of your email sent to our Tech Support Team counts. We would really appreciate it if you could take the time to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and add it to your message.

Thank you so much for working with us.

bfgTokoro

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 16, 13 7:08 AM
Hi Fishies!

I am delighted to report that we have a new build of this game that should address the issues you have been having with the game.

To get the new version, please just uninstall and reinstall your game!

You can check out more info on this new version here!

Finally, so that we can continue to track issues effectively, I will be locking this thread now and our new tech thread is over here if you need it.

Thank you all for bearing with us and happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Go to: