lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Invisible Man

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Feb 12, 13 6:39 AM
The cursor for this game can be insensitive and sometimes u need to click exactly at a certain spot. Scenes are dark, but HO objects are still ok to find. Hints recharged quite quickly but I played easy mode.

Its a good storyline, but marred by cursor control and dark scenes. Recommend u to get with free stamp (esp those who loved HO/puzzle games)

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Feb 12, 13 1:52 PM
As soon as the game started I noticed lagging in the cursor so was pleased to see straight away that it asked you to change to system cursor if this was the case. Played smoothly instantly.

Graphics are in-keeping with the story and atmosphere. I got used to how the game looked after about 10 minutes.

Voiceovers okay and didn't notice the music so must have been okay.

HO scenes are interactive and you can find that something extra in each scene to give you a little help if needed. Nice touch.

Inventory bar does not lock which bugs me.

There is no map.

You have objectives and tasks.

Puzzles were good, some old, some new.

No extras i.e. morphing (except what you do in the HO scenes).

I liked the idea of clicking on something and the item you needed to complete that task was listed in your objectives list. Also you can click around in a scene and if there's something you might need later (without knowing it) it will pop into your inventory!

Not much help by way of sparkes in casual mode and felt more adventurous than I would normally like but there's also quite a few HO's so I was happy with the mixture.

Definitely different gameplay than the norm and a definite buy for me.

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Feb 12, 13 4:35 PM
I thought it was just me that thought the game was too dark. Had a hard time seeing most of the objects. No buy even with my coupon.

[Post New]by LTSallymander on Feb 15, 13 8:23 PM
OMG, this game is buggy. Do you guys test these things? There is a terrible bug in the laboratory. Too frustrating. Ugh.

Less than one star.

-Sally

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Feb 16, 13 10:19 PM
I had no technical issues with this game at all. Even when it asked if the cursor was lagging to switch it. I didn't have to because it was fine. I had no problem seeing items in the HOS, but I did like the idea of clicking on the phantom, which not only told you how many scenes were left to play, but also helped in identifying what the object looked like, in case there was a question. The reason why I liked this option is because so many games, lately, are asking for a butterfly and I find 3 in the scene. So problem solved. Loved the story line and found navigation a breeze, no hiccups for me. The only disappointment was the end. I suppose I wanted it to be a little bit more than, well, a cut scene and the words "The End" popping up. Other than that it was a great game and I rather enjoyed it. I do believe, however, if I attempted to play this game on my laptop, I know I would have a problem finding objects and probably would have had a lagging cursor, due to memory, etc. If you have a system geared towards gaming, you'll have no problem with this game.

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Feb 17, 13 12:22 PM
definitely needs a walk through, been enjoying the game until got stuck at the train station. entering the code into the trunk DOES NOT work. and up till then was enjoying it

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Feb 17, 13 5:03 PM
giving this one a miss from jump street. first hos was blurred. i had just come off previewing Motor City, which has marvelous graphics, so the comparison was begging to be made. shame really.

Bad Game

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Feb 20, 13 12:04 AM
This is the first time I am posting a review based on the demo, because I didn't like the game and didn't buy the full version. This is not a full review, but I wanted to make a few comments as to why I did not buy this game.

The main drawback for me is that the game is not compatible with widescreen monitors. I have a 24" widescreen monitor and the game appeared as a "crushed window" in the center of my monitor. So right off the bat, I wouldn't purchase the game even if it were a good game.

I played the demo and as others have said, the screen was way too dark and the objects in HOS were very difficult to see for my eyes. The game was slow and clunky and I didn't like it.

Check out the demo yourself and see if you like it. If you don't have a widescreen monitor and the game fills your entire monitor, maybe you'll enjoy it more than I did.

I don't recommend this game and give it 2 thumbs down. I rate this game a 3 out of 10, based on the demo.

godschild1955
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by godschild1955 on Feb 25, 13 9:26 AM
WOW!! I usually don't really post a lot unless I am Seriously stuck & just can't figure it out after days or exhaust every little thing (even the obvious stupid ones). But sometimes a game just Screams Out.....WTH???
Like everyone else it seems here, this game is WAY TOO Dark for me. I got it with one of my coupon codes & being the type that I Hate to quit something I've started, I am Trying to get through this monstrosity they call entertainment.
My eyes aren't that great to begin with & with this game I find myself almost face flat against the screen even with my glasses on. Not good.
Plus some of the scenes that you have to click to enlarge & get an item, the enlarged box doesn't seem to go back even when there is nothing more to get there.
There are just too many irritating things here, but I have noticed so far for me that clicking on 'hint' usually tells me where to go or what to click on, so as much as I Hate to, I am finding myself using that so I can get through & finish this mess as soon as possible.
Dark & gloomy to get that eerie, scary effect is why I purchase most of my games....but this is WAY OVER THE TOP BFG!

Go to: