ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

Re:Comments for Enchantia: Wrath of the Pheonix Queen Collector's Edition

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Feb 14, 13 11:21 AM
Well, I don't think I am going to buy this now......perhaps when the SE comes out, maybe not even then. I have played frogs before and usually like them, as I did Dark Parables: The Frog Prince, but somehow, this seems different and I can't put my finger on it.

It's going to get enough attention without me so all you guys, enjoy the game! I'm looking for something that catches my eye and just haven't found it yet. Plus, I have to be careful with my money. When you're old and have a fixed income, money is always important.

I do think the plot of this game is a lot like many others and that is just boring in my opinion. Thanks for sharing your opinions and for letting me share mine.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Feb 14, 13 5:18 PM
FROGS???did somebody say FROGS? real gunuine fragmented objects? yippie, love those Gonna download now but will have to wait for SE dog-gone-it

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on Feb 14, 13 6:49 PM
I loved this game. I will buy the CE. Love the frogs.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Feb 14, 13 7:50 PM
A new Blue Tea FROG?

'Nuff said. I'm in.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Feb 15, 13 3:53 AM
I'm really enjoying the game - in spite of it being a bit different from the 'norm', lol. I think it is good for me to have a bit of a challenge in my games - just so long as I can hit the Skip button when I really really can't work out the puzzle, lol

I can understand people buying the SE because they can't afford / aren't interested in CE's. What I don't understand, is people saying they will buy the SE after saying they hated various aspects of the CE version - even though those same aspects will be in the SE version! How does paying less make the game any better?

Still Puzzled Jen

MrsBruce32
Salmon
Salmon
2,697 Posts

[Post New]by MrsBruce32 on Feb 15, 13 7:04 AM
First I must say why I chose this game. First I,love Blue Tea Games, and automatically purchased it and read the reviews while the game was downloading, In my area there was a telethone for the humane socitety. After sevearal hours of those heart wrenching commercails I wanted to take my mind off of the situatioon of abused animals. I dedcied to play a game. The big bright colorful scenes made the game seem happy and cheerfull. For the most part I really enjoyed the game. The frogs were a challenge. The only thing I did not like was having to make the choice given in the valley ruins. It was a lose/lose situation. It really bothered me because I had wanted to have a game take my mind off of what I had just seen.
Sorry for being a downer

Edited on 02/15/2013 at 6:58:56 PM PST

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Feb 15, 13 7:59 AM
Hapless wrote:Good Morning

I have a day off and its raining quite heavily, so going nowhere. I bought the game as soon as I saw the devs, and didn't bother to trial it, I just love their games.

This game didn't disappoint me at all. Having played for a couple of hours, I am still open mouthed at the breathe taking art work, lots of places to go which I love, and a map to take you there.

I am so happy.

Linda

Yup, me too. However I'm in Act 5 and it's just occured to me there are enchanted objects so now I'll have to go back and find the rest.

I broke my rule of never buying CE's because it's Blue Tea and they did not disappoint as usual. What a great game.

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Feb 15, 13 11:53 AM
There are enchanted objects??? I never looked at the SG so I had no idea....almost makes me want to go back and buy it. But I will wait.....damn. I also love these devs, and love the games......

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Feb 15, 13 4:09 PM
i can not wait to play.............................

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 15, 13 10:14 PM
Hi Mrs Bruce,
SPOILER ALERT for those that haven't completed the game> yes, I was aware that I was told that I had a choice, but thought that it wouldn't matter in the long run. In fact, I thought that I would be able offer the same items to both tribes - I didn't expect the "result" of my choice. Bloody human race - can't do anything decent to each other when the Chosen One is trying to save the entire Universe!!
There are pictures in the credits that depict what would have happened if I had made the other choice - same result for the other tribe.
< END SPOILER

I will have to play the game again at some time as I missed out on a number of the Enchanted Objects on my first play - just as well I resist using the Hint button and didn't need them. LOL

Cheers

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Feb 17, 13 6:18 AM
Hello DragonLadyOz and everyone,

It's uncanny reading this thread, because I also bought it straightaway because it's Blue Tea and I didn't immediately take to it either. The FROG scenes are a bit too junkpile for me.

However, as I kept playing the game grew on me more and more and perhaps my eyes adjusted to the gameplay in those scenes. I do prefer FROGs over the usual H0S. But, let me tell you, you REALLY have to like FROGs because there are an awful lot of them. Towards the end of the main game there is one after another after another which reminded me a bit of Haunted Manor: Queen of Death where you were forced to play 12 H0S back to back (I think it's 5 or 6 in this one).

Good long game and excellent bonus play. I ended up enjoying it a lot.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Feb 17, 13 7:49 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi Mrs Bruce,
SPOILER ALERT for those that haven't completed the game> yes, I was aware that I was told that I had a choice, but thought that it wouldn't matter in the long run. In fact, I thought that I would be able offer the same items to both tribes - I didn't expect the "result" of my choice. Bloody human race - can't do anything decent to each other when the Chosen One is trying to save the entire Universe!!
There are pictures in the credits that depict what would have happened if I had made the other choice - same result for the other tribe.
< END SPOILER

I will have to play the game again at some time as I missed out on a number of the Enchanted Objects on my first play - just as well I resist using the Hint button and didn't need them. LOL

Cheers

I wondered what would have happened if I had done things differently. Now, I have to back AND find all the enchanted objects AND try it the other way.

pjfrompa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pjfrompa on Feb 17, 13 8:52 AM
I like the games with FROGS and IHOG. I like this game but I have terrible motion sickness problems? Is this one of them? I won't try it to find out!!!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 21, 13 1:04 PM

I'm about 2 hours into this game.

It took me awhile to get used to the graphics but I'm really enjoying it now and feeling that good old Tolkien world drawing me into a Frodo- type role.

Back to playing, guys........

Sirocco
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by Sirocco on Feb 22, 13 9:53 PM
Usually I buy blue tea games without a pause to take a breath because I know that they will be beautiful and Dark Parables the Exiled Prince was probably my favourite game. This one just isn't doing for me. The scenes are overly ornate rather than simple, yet highly detailed and beautiful like Briar Rose. They are baroque and over the top although some of the FROGs are stunning but everything is so obvious to find. Also in the main scenes there is no searching for anything it is all neon obvious and sadly rather boring as a result. Some of the mini games are OK but the instructions are vague and they are easily completed in a hit and miss and rather unsatisfactory fashion because you were not sure if you were doing it correctly and presto, it's done. Way too many cut scenes with mostly appalling and ponderous voice overs that just seem like time wasting filler. Have they lost their art director? It all seems so heavy handed and dull despite the bright colours which I do appreciate. There are some details and objects which are stunning and I am being critical perhaps because they have set their on bar so high. I might be full of praise if this was not a Blue Tea game. I just expect the absolute best from them. Subtlety and charm is what is lacking in this for me. I will no doubt buy their next game but with more trepidation. Thank you for all your previous games which I loved.

ringa48801
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by ringa48801 on Mar 7, 13 8:56 AM
can anyone tell me where to find the white diamond?

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Mar 15, 13 6:41 AM
Hi all,

I played the demo and inspite of being a Blue Tea Fan, I would prefer to buy the SE of this game. It just is not of the usual quality of this developer.

My question at this time of month is: will there ever be a SE???

Does anyone know?

Edited on 03/15/2013 at 9:34:03 AM PST

elenasstar
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by elenasstar on Mar 19, 13 8:58 AM
Buy this game! The best I've ever played!

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 26, 13 6:22 PM
Nice FROG for a change. Except for the Lose Lose choice between tribes I would recommend it. Where is Kirk and the Kobyoshi Maru simulation when you need him

Go to: