Re:Post any Shadows: Price for Our Sins technical issues here only

[Post New]by amalthea1221 on Feb 16, 13 9:15 AM
I also was having problems with the cut scenes. Everything was black but I could hear the dialogue and the captioning was visible.

PaulaSan
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by PaulaSan on Feb 16, 13 9:20 AM
I also had black screen during the cut scenes....
Really like the game, though, and will buy IF they can fix that problem. If Mrs.Bruce 32 is right I would go ahead and buy now..... but is that correct ? They don't even give ;you a hint that it's meant to be that way?

It's possible, because, like GrammyApples, I also thought that items weren't going into my inventory, so I restarted the game and the second time around I realized that those items were collecting into one box of inventory items to be used together....ex, in making of the jack-o-lantern. Then I thought that the matches in that mini-game weren't responding and found that you just have to pinpoint your cursor right on the match stick or it won't activate.
So GrammyApples check it out and see if this is where your items are going.

So it seems that one needs to experiment and figure out this game's mechanics a bit....some are different from other games... like the hint icon giving the solution for the puzzle ... but I think the game will be worth it....

Will still wait for comments from other fishies as to their experiences before buying...or spend any more 'demo time' trying to figure out what might be a technical problem or what's just a different approach by the dev,

Happy gaming all!

Edited on 02/16/2013 at 9:21:16 AM PST

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Feb 16, 13 9:43 AM
Playing on a regular PC using VISTA operating system.

"Cut Scenes" -- Can ONLY near sound.....black screen where scene picture should be.

When/if you skip the "cut scene", you can read all about it in your Journal.

Edited on 02/16/2013 at 9:51:37 AM PST

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Feb 16, 13 9:54 AM
On the cut scene after playing the game mine went all black too and I wound up with an object in my inventory. I hope the other cut scenes don't go black. This is part of the game and lets you know what is going on.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Feb 16, 13 10:00 AM
Man, I can't believe this! I dearly love spooky games, espesially about and around a Halloween theme, and wouldn't you know it!? There are problems aboard. Like a lot of you, the cut scenes are blacked out but I can hear them talking. When the cut scene is over, everything is fine again, and I have not gotten to the point where I can view the blacked out scenes in still photos. At least that would be something.

And I really wanted to buy this one with the sale and get another game free. I'm still tempted to do so, even with the problem, just hope this is all the problems. I'd be taking a chance, yes, but it looks so neat!!

Well, I need to be realistic and level headed so I'll think some more. There have been several games lately on BF that have not worked for me and I left those alone. No sound, mostly. Now no picture but good sound. *sigh*

Hope there is a fix soon, whatever I choose to do.

[Post New]by beachpups on Feb 16, 13 10:09 AM
As others have reported, I am also getting Black Screen at same places....first time
ever had technical issue with BF game. Will wait till "fix" is reported. Otherwise, looks like good game.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Feb 16, 13 10:48 AM
I played the game until the clothes were on the ground then wham screen also went black.........................AND DON'T TELL ME IT'S MY DRIVERS FOR YOUR TECH'S ALREADY WALKED ME THOUGH ALL OF THAT ON A DIFF GAME.............SO ALL UPDATED PLUS...............................Oh getting so frustrated you saying it's our computers..............................sometimes I MEAN sometimes its at your end...................cause if it was at my end this game would of given me a black screen at the start not allowing me to play then WHAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYY

catathang
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by catathang on Feb 16, 13 10:58 AM
I get to the point of entering your name to play, and then it freezes I have tried EVERYTHING,and nothing h elps. Forget the doctor, that NEVER works

[Post New]by sneika on Feb 16, 13 10:58 AM
I played beta version and demo without any problems. Then I bought the game and got the black screen problem as a bonus to my purchase. After the page where the game is loading the screen goes black and that's the end.

[Post New]by hogs2play4ever on Feb 16, 13 10:59 AM
I restarted with a new profile.
De selected tutorial.
Chose Hard Mode or Advanced Mode
I got three cutscenes before they all went black again.
Luckily the voiceovers help.
But this isnt a computer issue, this is a game issue.
Im on XP Pro, all drivers updated, Flash, Shockwave, Java
up to date.
My video card is up to date. PhysX. Direct X. All updated.
C++ updated.
The good part is the game is working fine otherwise,
hint works well, they ve added helpful tips for solving
some of the harder puzzles.
It plays fine, it just wont display the cutscenes.
Im continuing, I just passed the scarecrow, FINALLY.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 16, 13 11:16 AM
Hey there Fishies,

Thanks so much for letting us know about these issues!

For those of you who are experiencing a crashing or freezing game, a black screen at the beginning, missing inventory items or the game not opening please be sure that all of your video card drivers are updated. This particular driver helps for the game to display and play properly and making sure it is up-to-date often helps with these kinds of issues. Please be sure to write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix if the issues persist and one of our Reps will work directly with you to get that sorted out!

If the trial expired before getting a chance to play, go ahead uninstall and reinstall the game to make sure the system recognizes the trial has not yet been tried.

As for those black screens during the cut scene I'll definitely investigate further to see if this is a particular glitch or a part of the game. In the meantime, it would be helpful if you would write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix so that our Team can collect specific information if a fix is needed.

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks again and I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

Edited on 02/16/2013 at 11:17:28 AM PST

ediegamer
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by ediegamer on Feb 16, 13 12:58 PM
Seriously guys??? After taking forever to open, the game wouldn't even play!!! I'm really starting to get annoyed with the problems I have been experiencing with some of these games lately.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Feb 16, 13 1:29 PM
Hi ediegamer,

I'm sorry to hear that the game wasn't playing, that's definitely no fun. Depending on what's happening when the game opens, that sort of error can have a few different causes. One thing you can try though is to make sure that the game files are correctly installed by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. You can find information on doing that here on this help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that's not helping, please let our Tech Support Team know and they'll be more than happy to look into that for you. Providing them with details on what exactly happens when the game opens will be helpful for them to determine what's causing that.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

DeijaFIsh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by DeijaFIsh on Feb 16, 13 2:07 PM
same problem....on cut scenes, black screen and the dialogue continues, but you can't see anything. if you hit skip scene, it game comes back, but you have no idea what happened. Items do not show up for the inventory....this game has potential, but it ain't working like it should be. and I too have tried all the suggested fixes and there is nothing wrong with my software or drivers.

someone going to fix this????????????

Thanks,
DeijaFish

GlennMcC
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by GlennMcC on Feb 16, 13 4:36 PM
Robilyn wrote:I got the first page where the game is loading. Then the screen went black and it not only kicked me out it kicked me all the way to reboot. This is a new one for me. I have never had that happen. Usually I an error code or something.

I have this same exact problem - trying to start the game reboots my PC. Guess I will have to try again after they do an update!!

Breezeie66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Breezeie66 on Feb 16, 13 4:48 PM
Re ost any Shadows: Price for Our Sins technical issues here only

As most others, the game seemed to be opening, their screen came up the BF screen came up and then it looked as if the game was loading the shadow flew across the screen then all went black and it completely stopped my system and rebooted it for me. Not just once but twice as I tried it again. My drivers are updated my system is updated. There was no error code just black then my systems is rebooting. I see no real reason to try any of the help suggestions as they do not seem to be the way to correct this problem. As far as I can tell, it is a software issue and will wait for the update and try again later. Sounded like fun too.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Feb 16, 13 4:49 PM
Same here, blacks out on cut scenes. Contacted tech support and attached Dr. Felix. Hope they get a fix, I really want to buy this game!

aowyn
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by aowyn on Feb 16, 13 5:03 PM
elvenstardragon wrote:Black screen where skip scene should be? Can hear dialogue as though something is happening but screen is black. If I click 'skip scene' I get the picture back. If I look in journal it shows stills of what was happening and the girl telling story of what was happening.
I'm sure I should be seeing these scenes.
I'm playing on PC and everything is up to date.

DITTO...I'm sure BFG will fix it..

MrsBruce32
Salmon
Salmon
2,697 Posts

[Post New]by MrsBruce32 on Feb 16, 13 6:19 PM
Hi Cathy Catfish,
I have already completed the game. In addition to the porch blank screen there were three additional blank cut scences I could still hear sound effects and dialouge of what was going on. I took your advice and did the uninstall and reinstall. When I came to the porch and the action starts I still had a blank cut screen. What led me to believe it was part of the game is when later in the game spoiler ***Dylan saw the camera on the table and she stated "I can finally see what happened". The camera shots and seeing what happened led me to believe the blank screen was part of the game.*** So, if it is a glitch there were a total of four blank cut scenes throughout the whole game for me. The game was good and if there is a fix I will download it and play the game to see what I missed.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Feb 16, 13 6:34 PM
It's never a good sign when there are more tech issues than reviews. Ditto to all the bugs others have encountered. Assuming that this game was scheduled to come out in October 2012, they've had plenty of time to "clean it up." Maybe October 2013?

Go to: